New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
Post Reply
Chapin81
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times

New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Chapin81 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
Last edited by Chapin81 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9920
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: SW tip of Virginia
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 711 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by kenny thomas » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 pm

He has the correct thing on his mind
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Chapin81
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Chapin81 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 pm
He has the correct thing on his mind
:lol2: :lol2:

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8630
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Gulf Coast of South Texas
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 490 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Brute 23 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm

I like that he isn't all butterball fat. I see so many of those Brahmans that are so obese they cant hardly move. You know darn well they aren't breeding squat in the pasture. I guess all they do is collect semen off them.

That guy looks like he moves good and can get it done.

Good looking cattle. Nice place.
Well, if ranching's so hard, why do we do it?
Because its one be nice of a life, Tate. One be nice of a life.
- John Dutton

I would rather cut off my right arm, than live under tyranny!

User avatar
Warren Allison
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Location: Georgia
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Warren Allison » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Chapin81 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.

Chapin81
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Chapin81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am

Warren Allison wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm
Chapin81 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.
Good morning warren Allison, cattle are located in Guatemala in the state of El Peten which is where the Mayan city of Tikal is located. We are on the northwest corner near the border of Mexico. I have a manager that lives onsite with his family and yes he was on horseback when he filmed this which was yesterday morning. I actually live in NYC, before covid hit I used to fly down there a few times a year, last time I was there was March 8 which was a few days before they shut down the airports own there . I miss the place and probably won’t go back until things go back to normal, only because my wife had covid and she lost her sense of smell since March and hast gotten it back yet. My parents who also live here were really sick as well especially my dad but he made a full recovery.
Btw the bull was purchased from Rancho Siguacan en Sevilla which sells purebreds in Central America.

User avatar
Warren Allison
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Location: Georgia
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Warren Allison » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Chapin81 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am
Warren Allison wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm
Chapin81 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,

Last month I was able to buy a new bull which is a JDH Clanton de Manso son and the dam is a daughter out of JDH Karu 800.
Today is his first time meeting his herd. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Here is the vid of him walking out to meet the cows for the first time. He will be 24 months in November.
Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.
Good morning warren Allison, cattle are located in Guatemala in the state of El Peten which is where the Mayan city of Tikal is located. We are on the northwest corner near the border of Mexico. I have a manager that lives onsite with his family and yes he was on horseback when he filmed this which was yesterday morning. I actually live in NYC, before covid hit I used to fly down there a few times a year, last time I was there was March 8 which was a few days before they shut down the airports own there . I miss the place and probably won’t go back until things go back to normal, only because my wife had covid and she lost her sense of smell since March and hast gotten it back yet. My parents who also live here were really sick as well especially my dad but he made a full recovery.
Btw the bull was purchased from Rancho Siguacan en Sevilla which sells purebreds in Central America.
Great looking ranch, Chapin. I envy your manager's job! :) What breed of horses are you using? Are they AQHA? Or some local breed? You raising purebred Brahmans, or one of the South American Brahman bases breeds? I have a ranch I have been following on youtube down in Central America , that is breeding a Brahman/Chianina cross, and those are some impressive cattle too!

Chapin81
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: New brahman bull meeting his herd for the time.

Post by Chapin81 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Warren Allison wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm
Chapin81 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am
Warren Allison wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Where are you located, Chapin? Are you filming this from horseback? Nice looking bull.
Good morning warren Allison, cattle are located in Guatemala in the state of El Peten which is where the Mayan city of Tikal is located. We are on the northwest corner near the border of Mexico. I have a manager that lives onsite with his family and yes he was on horseback when he filmed this which was yesterday morning. I actually live in NYC, before covid hit I used to fly down there a few times a year, last time I was there was March 8 which was a few days before they shut down the airports own there . I miss the place and probably won’t go back until things go back to normal, only because my wife had covid and she lost her sense of smell since March and hast gotten it back yet. My parents who also live here were really sick as well especially my dad but he made a full recovery.
Btw the bull was purchased from Rancho Siguacan en Sevilla which sells purebreds in Central America.
Great looking ranch, Chapin. I envy your manager's job! :) What breed of horses are you using? Are they AQHA? Or some local breed? You raising purebred Brahmans, or one of the South American Brahman bases breeds? I have a ranch I have been following on youtube down in Central America , that is breeding a Brahman/Chianina cross, and those are some impressive cattle too!
I envy his job as well. I sure wouldn’t mind making my rounds everyday on horseback. It sure as heck beats sitting in nyc traffic and inhaling all those fumes. lol. We use local breed horses nothing fancy. They get the job done. A terrain like this is a bit rough on them, there’s always that chance of snake bites as well. So far We have lost one horse to a snake bite and 5 cows as well(close to 14 years altogether). As far as cattle goes we first started with commercial zebu cattle and a registered brahman. Over the years we screwed up and purchased cheap commercial bulls we didn’t know their background EPD’s things of that sort for all we know they were probably related to our herd, due to that unfortunate mistake Every year our calf’s looked like crap. Not kidding! Very sad but true. But to answer your question I have started buying Better bulls and hope to someday be a very good breeder.

Post Reply