BEST SQUEEZE CHUTE?

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Coosh71
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: BEST SQUEEZE CHUTE?

Postby Coosh71 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Alacowman is right. I have a tarter chute now and one side of the head gate won't fully close anymore. I can't figure out how to adjust it. Now when we worked 1700-2200lb bulls the other day it closed but with some cows and all weaned calves it's a pain. Have to shove a bar in behind them which sux. Works your tail off just working 30 calves. I will live with it for now but will belooking for another for sure.
0 x

SimAngHerf
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SimAngHerf » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 am

We have a Foremost 450W with the tall manual headgate, palp cage and split tail gate. It has done well and is very sturdy. There is no doubt hydraulics are better but for 2x the funds I wasn’t sure I could justify it. As someone else mentioned the arrowquips were nice but when we priced one it was almost as high as a formost hydraulic. I can say I am 6’2” and have to watch for banging my head on the back of the squeeze chute where the palp cage attaches. We felt like the foremost was heavy built but not in areas that are a waste, some builders will add a heavy floor just to make it heavy, our 2200lb bulls are no challenge for ours.
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Tue May 01, 2018 10:59 pm

LDEnterprises wrote:Do yourself a favor and NEVER buy a Tarter.

On 3rd year with an Arrow and it cut our processing time in half. We are about to add another Arrow at our other location next month.

Arrow = the right answer

It's fast ... and quiet ... and flexible operation. I love it. Love love love it.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

MOcowboy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby MOcowboy » Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 pm

It was a hard choice but I ended up going with the For-Most 375 squeeze chute.
0 x

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Sun May 13, 2018 8:55 am

MOcowboy wrote:It was a hard choice but I ended up going with the For-Most 375 squeeze chute.

I don't seem to find a dealer in our area. What is the price differential between For-Most, Priefert and Arrow?
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am

Arrow = I spent $8800 for the QC8600 plus a nice set of Gallagher weightbars and readout ... delivered and a little help getting it set

For Most = not sure, probably between the Arrow and the Priefert

Priefert = 4500 (iirc), not including palpitation cage, weightbars, readout or delivery

Our Arrow is SOOO quiet and smooth...
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:37 am

my silencer just got delivered a few days ago
0 x

MOcowboy
Beginner
Beginner

Postby MOcowboy » Mon May 14, 2018 5:27 pm

The one I bought was a For-Most 375 with the model 30 Manual head gate, double slide tailgate, wheels/portable and palpation cage for $5300. The guy I bought it from sold me it by the price of his last order and said the next order would be higher. I bought the last one he had left. I believe it will work well for our operation.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

MOcowboy wrote:The one I bought was a For-Most 375 with the model 30 Manual head gate, double slide tailgate, wheels/portable and palpation cage for $5300. The guy I bought it from sold me it by the price of his last order and said the next order would be higher. I bought the last one he had left. I believe it will work well for our operation.

Great purchase, I'm sure it'll do you proud.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Mon May 14, 2018 7:49 pm

ddd75 wrote:my silencer just got delivered a few days ago

New or used? Lets see it.
0 x

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Mon May 14, 2018 8:28 pm

What model did you get and what features does it have. This is our 3rd year for our Cattleac hydraulic chute. It is located at the main set of pens and I often wonder how we did without it. Many times it is just the two of us working cattle and it makes it so much easier. Sometimes it is just me. We have a control for the back gate located about 8 foot back on the alley also so a person can load one and close the back gate from the back. We have a few manual models located at other locations we use to give vaccinations, put tags in and to back pour, ect but all the main work is done with the hydraulic chute. We have two very high quality chutes manufactured within 80 miles of us. The Cattleac and the Flying W. Both are heavy made chutes that will last most a lifetime.We have a palpation doors, head bender, leg puller and hydraulic adjustable front and back gates and sides. We don't use the leg puller as much as I thought. We have been using mainly the Callicrate bands and it is easier to put them on with both legs on the floor. Use the head bender mainly when working cows. Most of the hydraulic chutes in our area is one of the two I mentioned. We also have manual adjustable sides on the alley so can work anything from calves to bulls without trouble with them turning around. Have heard of the Silencers and a few others but have never used them. Will be interested in the features yours has. I'm sure you will like it.
0 x

Chocolate Cow2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm

I have a problem with Moly Co. that builds Silencer. They were a small company that provided jobs in a rural community. Then, Jon Mollhagen cut some sort of deal with the Federal Prison at Ellsworth,Ks. The business was moved into the correctional facility, employees were laid off and prisoners now provide the cheap labor that builds Silencer chutes.
1 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 am

Supa Dexta wrote:

New or used? Lets see it.

new. I'll get some pics from my phone sometime. I got turrent gate and whole setup.

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:I have a problem with Moly Co. that builds Silencer. They were a small company that provided jobs in a rural community. Then, Jon Mollhagen cut some sort of deal with the Federal Prison at Ellsworth,Ks. The business was moved into the correctional facility, employees were laid off and prisoners now provide the cheap labor that builds Silencer chutes.

if you look them up on google maps they are located in a building in the middle of nowhere. .. I looked up some info.. looks like they do take part in a prisoner program where they teach prisoners skills to use in the real world. I don't see a problem with that.

elkwc wrote:

What model did you get and what features does it have. This is our 3rd year for our Cattleac hydraulic chute. It is located at the main set of pens and I often wonder how we did without it. Many times it is just the two of us working cattle and it makes it so much easier. Sometimes it is just me. We have a control for the back gate located about 8 foot back on the alley also so a person can load one and close the back gate from the back. We have a few manual models located at other locations we use to give vaccinations, put tags in and to back pour, ect but all the main work is done with the hydraulic chute. We have two very high quality chutes manufactured within 80 miles of us. The Cattleac and the Flying W. Both are heavy made chutes that will last most a lifetime.We have a palpation doors, head bender, leg puller and hydraulic adjustable front and back gates and sides. We don't use the leg puller as much as I thought. We have been using mainly the Callicrate bands and it is easier to put them on with both legs on the floor. Use the head bender mainly when working cows. Most of the hydraulic chutes in our area is one of the two I mentioned. We also have manual adjustable sides on the alley so can work anything from calves to bulls without trouble with them turning around. Have heard of the Silencers and a few others but have never used them. Will be interested in the features yours has. I'm sure you will like it.

ranch extended. i got the upper and lower hyd. squeeze. hyd. fold gate in alley. neck extension bars, weigh scales, pivot controls, turrent gate setup. i haven't set it up yet I need to get electric to it and a building built first. glad yours is working out well, i'm excited to use mine.
0 x

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 am

Sounds like you got a fully equipped model. We set a building and have the pump sitting in it away from the chute. Makes it quieter. My BIL has one very similar to ours and told us we would want to do that. Still need to run electricity to it to the receptacles I've mounted. That will propably be one of my retirment projects. Know you will really enjoy it. They are really nice when a person is limited on help. Keep us informed when you use it.
0 x

Chocolate Cow2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm

ddd75- Moly Mfg (Silencer) is about 15 miles east of me. I know where they once were and I know where they are currently located-The Ellsworth Correctional Facility, Ellsworth, Ks. (said with a smiley face and a wink cause I'm not lookin for an argument-just the facts ma'am.)

Yeah-it's great he's teaching prisoners a skill...but what about the people who worked for him for years and lost their jobs to maximum security prisoners who are paid-what?- 50cents an hour........

That prison labor has gotta improve profit margins dontchathink? I hope it is reflected in the price of the chutes.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”