Why so much emphasis on the rump?

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Why so much emphasis on the rump?

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:33 am

elkwc wrote:
M-5 wrote:
greybeard wrote:Some of yall need to get out a little more...expand your horizons so to speak..........

Yep.
Total package is what counts. Thick/wide/long /big butt.

There is no such thing a chicken fried except chicken. Food is fried , grilled , smoked and plenty of other cooking methods. Fried cube steak can be country fried but that's it . It's like that flock of chickens out there that doesn't have Bones .

I bread mine and fry it just like chicken. And have been told that is where the chicken fried term comes from. Works for me. They will always be chicken fried to me.

that,whooped taters and biscuits...i don't get full...I have to make myself quit eating..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Postby Ebenezer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 am

Maybe the emphasis because the selection pressures on cattle to marble better has "Wagyued" the breeds? Selection has consequences.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

elkwc wrote:
M-5 wrote:
greybeard wrote:Some of yall need to get out a little more...expand your horizons so to speak..........

Yep.
Total package is what counts. Thick/wide/long /big butt.

There is no such thing a chicken fried except chicken. Food is fried , grilled , smoked and plenty of other cooking methods. Fried cube steak can be country fried but that's it . It's like that flock of chickens out there that doesn't have Bones .

I bread mine and fry it just like chicken. And have been told that is where the chicken fried term comes from. Works for me. They will always be chicken fried to me.

So do you call fried pork chops chicken fried ? how about tomatoes are they chicken fried? lets not forget about chicken fried squash and chicken fried liver and chicken fried chicken . Its all simply FRIED.
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 am

Do black cows have bigger rumps?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
wheres the taters.?

Ain’t that the truth.....must be M-5s “southern fried”. Chicken fried would definitly have taters. :D
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

okiek
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby okiek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 am

I knew someone from the north, east, or southeast wouldn't "understand" chicken fried steak. I'll never forget the trip I took with my parents in the 70's up the east coast and the looks I got when I tried to order it at every restaurant we stopped at!!
0 x

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

What got me thinking about it was seeing how cheap round is to buy at the store. Usually less than 1/3 the cost of top cuts.
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am

okiek wrote:I knew someone from the north, east, or southeast wouldn't "understand" chicken fried steak. I'll never forget the trip I took with my parents in the 70's up the east coast and the looks I got when I tried to order it at every restaurant we stopped at!!

That should have been a sign. "they ain't no such thang" as a chicken fried steak. I would pay money to see a chicken fry up some cubed steak but it would be impossible because they don't have hands.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:37 am

okiek wrote:I knew someone from the north, east, or southeast wouldn't "understand" chicken fried steak. I'll never forget the trip I took with my parents in the 70's up the east coast and the looks I got when I tried to order it at every restaurant we stopped at!!

I'm from the southeast.and understand plenty about it..
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Do black cows have bigger rumps?

Some do....if I can """ever post a picture again""""I'll post one...hopeful cowmans got a good one couple threads below..
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Do black cows have bigger rumps?

Some do....if I can """ever post a picture again""""I'll post one...hopeful cowmans got a good one couple threads below..

Just have to do it the old way
https://postimages.org/

I like this heifer and her sister.. At 17 months old she's still got the meaty look.. and she's got a muscled top from the shoulders all the way back.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:05 am

I'm selling freezer beef. We're going to run a Wagyu bull over our Belties starting in December. I'm hoping my Belties will bring the rump and the Wagyu will bring additional marbling and flavor. Time will tell.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 am

I think biting into this would be like getting soda when you expect milk. I'm not sure I could do it.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:36 am

Bestoutwest wrote:

I think biting into this would be like getting soda when you expect milk. I'm not sure I could do it.

I know exactly what to expect biting into that, makes hungry just seeing that picture of it. :D
1 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am

M-5 wrote:

That should have been a sign. "they ain't no such thang" as a chicken fried steak. I would pay money to see a chicken fry up some cubed steak but it would be impossible because they don't have hands.

Well actually by your definition.....fried chicken with a batter would actually be called southern fried chicken.....case in point, the Thanksgiving fried turkey isn’t battered either. :mrgreen:
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Return to “Breeds Board”