Gonna add some "ear".

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

smoothmule
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Gonna add some "ear".

Postby smoothmule » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Somehow, it posted my bull twice and missed my cow picture
This is Rose. They are both at least a foot taller than my commercial cows.

0 x

smoothmule
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby smoothmule » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

smoothmule wrote:I have just a few cows but I Love some ear, a lot of ear. I’m in SW Missouri.
I have No problem selling my calves here.
I have a few Commercial cows, a couple Half Brahman cows and a Fabulous Gyr/Indo Brazilian cow. I’ve been crossing out to Registered Beefmaster bull with great calves. I just had my first full Gyr/Indo calf (heifer!!).

Here is the new heifer

Minnie Me - born 0/3/18
These cattle are slower to mature, but in return they are productive into their 20's. For me, that is important. If I determine I want to do any line breeding, sire to granddaughter, etc....it's important to have them here a while. The temperament is unbelievable as well. I personally feel that when they developed the Brahman breed, a higher percentage of Bos Indicus would have been my preference.....especially for crossing to other breeds.
0 x

smoothmule
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby smoothmule » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Stay tuned for calves by my bull to these two.

Jasmine and her daughter as a yearling heifer. Jasmine is out of a grade Grey Brahman cow by a reg Balancer bull. Her daughter is by a reg black Beefmaster bull. Picture taken last year. I let Pearl mature to past 18 months to breed her this year. Bos Indicus breeds can produce some immensely NICE crossbred calves....I wish you the best luck in adding some ear to your herd. The cows are the BEST

1 x

Return to “Breeds Board”