Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

User avatar
Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Supa Dexta » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 am

Couple more of my guys. 2 yr olds. Home raised sim and a local AI angus.

Image

Image
5 x

Lazy M
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1126
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: KY

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Lazy M » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 am

Supa Dexta wrote:Couple more of my guys. 2 yr olds. Home raised sim and a local AI angus.

Image

Image

Nice bulls!
1 x

artesianspringsfarm
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby artesianspringsfarm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 am

2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU
0 x

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15470
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:42 am

Lazy M wrote:
Supa Dexta wrote:Couple more of my guys. 2 yr olds. Home raised sim and a local AI angus.

Image

Image

Nice bulls!

Look long as a train...
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Granville County NC

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Dogs and Cows » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 am

artesianspringsfarm wrote:2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU


So do you like the Wye genetics? Are you running him on commercial cattle or Wye females? What types of weaning weights are you getting? I like the Wye line of cattle. Thanks,

Tim
0 x

artesianspringsfarm
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby artesianspringsfarm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:55 am

Dogs and Cows wrote:
artesianspringsfarm wrote:2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU


So do you like the Wye genetics? Are you running him on commercial cattle or Wye females? What types of weaning weights are you getting? I like the Wye line of cattle. Thanks,

Tim


Tim, running him on both commercial and registered but mostly registered. He is my first straight bred Wye bull but the calves are very solid and carrying good meat on their frames already. They should wean 550+ which is about all I ask for. He will knock some frame off my bigger cows for sure but is not a pud. The real reason he is here wont be assessed for another 4-5 years but the heifer calves give me every indication of being the right type. Time will tell.
0 x

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15470
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 am

artesianspringsfarm wrote:
Dogs and Cows wrote:
artesianspringsfarm wrote:2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU


So do you like the Wye genetics? Are you running him on commercial cattle or Wye females? What types of weaning weights are you getting? I like the Wye line of cattle. Thanks,

Tim


Tim, running him on both commercial and registered but mostly registered. He is my first straight bred Wye bull but the calves are very solid and carrying good meat on their frames already. They should wean 550+ which is about all I ask for. He will knock some frame off my bigger cows for sure but is not a pud. The real reason he is here wont be assessed for another 4-5 years but the heifer calves give me every indication of being the right type. Time will tell.

That's the thing about this business ""time""for me it Seem by the time I make it to where I want to be ..my ""time""will be up..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9173
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 pm

I really liked Robert's heifer out of the Wye bull.
And, Super, your two bulls look good - super looonnngggg.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

User avatar
holm25
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby holm25 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Supa Dexta wrote:Couple more of my guys. 2 yr olds. Home raised sim and a local AI angus.

Image

Image


They’re both awesome but gosh I like that sim bull!
0 x

User avatar
Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:26 am

Yeah he's alright. But he's a roarer, which I hope he grows out of. He's been thinking he's tough stuff this summer, and I haven't sent a big guy in to put him in his place yet.

Thanks all
0 x

User avatar
Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Supa Dexta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 am

May as well throw this guy in here too since I uploaded him

Image
3 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 am

Supa Dexta wrote:May as well throw this guy in here too since I uploaded him

Image


Nice!
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 am

I think Supa's got some sort of bull stretching machine he's keeping a tight lip on.
0 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 961
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby ez14. » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 am

NonTypicalCPA wrote:I think Supa's got some sort of bull stretching machine he's keeping a tight lip on.

He got it from a medieval torture chamber
0 x

User avatar
Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Postby Supa Dexta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am

That's where you hide the pounds.
0 x


Return to “Breeds Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests