Members gone?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Members gone?

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Reading on the 410 topic and seen several members there back then that haven't been on CT for several years. Clicked on some of their names and read a few of their posts and seen many more members gone. Crowder Farms, Running Arrow Bill, Copeman, Cyprus Farm, several I remember. Many I don't.
Do members get tired of talking, get more important things going on, have health issues, die? Do any of you still keep in touch with members from the past?

My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Members gone?

Post by Bigfoot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm

A host of reasons I guess. I broke the habit for quit a long time.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Used to be we had a rather portly gentleman from south Mississippi on here as I recall. He was an avid outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed turkey and deer hunting. He raised some of the finest cattle this side of the big sandy and he could spin a yarn with the best of ‘em.

Wonder what happened to that rascal?
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Redgully
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Redgully » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Ive been on various forums for a while now and they become predictable. For instance, if brite raven post something you know true grit will be along shortly to slap him down and it is the same routine. Nothing wrong with it and quite enjoyable and you get to know the regulars and the barrow they are pushing but pretty much after a few years it can become boring. Also circumstances in peoples lives change, cattle might be the passion today but tomorrow they have gone into something else and find other places to stimulate their passions.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 pm

I have made some good friends from all over the world because of CT. Have met most of them in person. When I traveled to TX this year for work several members sent me a message with their numbers just in case I needed anything. I enjoy the friendships I have made here.
One good one I met in Eastern Arkansas died a few years ago and I still think of him every time I'm in that area.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Think there was a topic about opinated people a while back, I think it it hit the nail on the head, alot of people get tired of arguing, especially when it's with someone that's the smartest person in their own mind, and believe me that's as far as it goes, in their own mind, wish red bull breeder would come back ,limo mike, and knersie, if he replied on your bull, you listen, and were glad he replied, alot of good people have left.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 pm

I talk to red bull breeder often and yes he knows and has great cattle. But he dont put up with much BS from me or anyone else.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 pm

haase wrote:Think there was a topic about opinated people a while back, I think it it hit the nail on the head, alot of people get tired of arguing, especially when it's with someone that's the smartest person in their own mind, and believe me that's as far as it goes, in their own mind, wish red bull breeder would come back ,limo mike, and knersie, if he replied on your bull, you listen, and were glad he replied, alot of good people have left.

Never knew Limomike, Knersie was truly top notch. I hope he's doing okay in light of the turmoil in his part of the world.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

TT, I also hope that knersie is doing well in his part of the world, he was a great contributor to this board, and Kenny, red bull breaded didn't put up with no bullcrap, probably why I liked him, hope there both doing well.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Reading on the 410 topic and seen several members there back then that haven't been on CT for several years. Clicked on some of their names and read a few of their posts and seen many more members gone. Crowder Farms, Running Arrow Bill, Copeman, Cyprus Farm, several I remember. Many I don't.
Do members get tired of talking, get more important things going on, have health issues, die? Do any of you still keep in touch with members from the past?

Some get sick and die as well, I know a few. The clique(Posse) continually changes over time people are drawn in or draw away.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Silver
GURU
GURU

Post by Silver » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Facebook takes a toll....

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Silver wrote:Facebook takes a toll....

Maybe that's where I loose out, I don't do Facebook.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:16 pm

CB, some of the members have passed, not sure anyone can compete with dun, he was well respected and helped alot of members as well, maybe some of us members that have been on here for awhile look up to you that way, don't start getting a big head now.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

haase wrote:CB, some of the members have passed, not sure anyone can compete with dun, he was well respected and helped alot of members as well, maybe some of us members that have been on here for awhile look up to you that way, don't start getting a big head now.

Heck, we just look to him for comical relief.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 pm

C'mon Kenny, be nice now.