Bucking Bulls

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Ryder
GURU
GURU

Re: Bucking Bulls

Post by Ryder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am
Back when I was riding in rodeos I traveled some with a guy who won a world championship riding bulls and the NFR two times. I always wondered who was the first idiot to start bull riding? Broncs I understand. You ride horses. Sometimes they buck. Some horses always buck and some cowboys are good at riding those buckers. But bulls? Why?
If you got to ask you wont understand.
I will say there is nothing else like it in the world that I know about.
People ask what it is like and I say coming up on rodeo time you look forward to it.
Close to your turn to get on the beast you feel the fear. Some call it nerves. I call it fear.
As soon as the gate opens the fear is gone and there is a surreal feeling of aloneness.
It is like being in another world.
As soon as you buck off, get off, or whatever all you think about is that you want to do it again.

Bull riders are not neccsarily idiots. :mad:
Crazy, yes. :?

Ryder

Deo Vindice

Till-Hill
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Till-Hill » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Ryder wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 pm
Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am
Back when I was riding in rodeos I traveled some with a guy who won a world championship riding bulls and the NFR two times. I always wondered who was the first idiot to start bull riding? Broncs I understand. You ride horses. Sometimes they buck. Some horses always buck and some cowboys are good at riding those buckers. But bulls? Why?
If you got to ask you wont understand.
I will say there is nothing else like it in the world that I know about.
People ask what it is like and I say coming up on rodeo time you look forward to it.
Close to your turn to get on the beast you feel the fear. Some call it nerves. I call it fear.
As soon as the gate opens the fear is gone and there is a surreal feeling of aloneness.
It is like being in another world.
As soon as you buck off, get off, or whatever all you think about is that you want to do it again.

Bull riders are not neccsarily idiots. :mad:
Crazy, yes. :?
I'd agree with you rode from 6 years old till last ride at 16. Got drug around area for awhile, dad and buddy his finally got me off. Shoulder still feels the pain today! I always think back on it. Crawling up the chute you can hear the crowd, once you nod your head you only hear the sound of the bull till the whistle blows.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Some are good at riding..but those dismounts...
as an adult,it's clear to me now...why Ernest T Bass, threw rocks at people..