Why is it?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Why is it?

Postby TexasBred » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:We usually get some small things, I usually end up with a bunch of books, but nothing spectacular. The things I need get bought.

My wife no longer wants any jewelry and many years ago forbid me from ever buying clothes for her again.
(I'm colorblind and fashion dumb so she had 'probable cause' for issuing that order.)
She wanted (and got) one of those dang Kuerig coffee makers for her birthday last month and wants (gasp) 'over-the-shoulder boulder holders' for Christmas, which she will definitely have to go get herself. (Them things ain't inexpensive btw, especially in her size. TMI? )

Me? I just want a couple of GOOD everyday belts. Been losing weight like crazy since I started my diabetes regimen a year ago and exercising, and the belts I have are all worn out anyway. (holes torn out and/or leather cracked) The last one I bought at a boot shop wasn't any better than the ones they sell at Walmart and cost 3x as much. Been wearing a military type web belt lately, but don't much like it.

Check out these guys, they don’t use holes. https://grip6.com/products/buffalo-belt
And bras are expensive no matter the size. I’ve been there when my wife has bought some and my jaw dropped.

Were you in the fitting room???? :lol: :hide:
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:31 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
greybeard wrote:
My wife no longer wants any jewelry and many years ago forbid me from ever buying clothes for her again.
(I'm colorblind and fashion dumb so she had 'probable cause' for issuing that order.)
She wanted (and got) one of those dang Kuerig coffee makers for her birthday last month and wants (gasp) 'over-the-shoulder boulder holders' for Christmas, which she will definitely have to go get herself. (Them things ain't inexpensive btw, especially in her size. TMI? )

Me? I just want a couple of GOOD everyday belts. Been losing weight like crazy since I started my diabetes regimen a year ago and exercising, and the belts I have are all worn out anyway. (holes torn out and/or leather cracked) The last one I bought at a boot shop wasn't any better than the ones they sell at Walmart and cost 3x as much. Been wearing a military type web belt lately, but don't much like it.

Check out these guys, they don’t use holes. https://grip6.com/products/buffalo-belt
And bras are expensive no matter the size. I’ve been there when my wife has bought some and my jaw dropped.

Were you in the fitting room???? :lol: :hide:

Maybe...... :shock:
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 pm

I prefer something useful also. When I got engaged, my "present" from my fiance' was an AlisChalmers 185 tractor we had been looking at. Of course, when we split, because he thought farming was just too much hard work for no real monetary gain, I also got what was left of the payments... :hide: :bs: . He thought I was going to give up being a farmer and become a "housewife" ??????. Long story...

But, my son and I do practical also. I think this year I am going to invest in our own "dart gun" for giving shots when cattle are on pasture, to give him. We have borrowed a friends several times this past year and it seems to be a sensible addition to our "tools" for farming.

I learned to drive and back up a 2 horse Stidham trailer and am better with a bumper pull than my son is. He is better with the gooseneck, but pulls and backs it up alot more than I do. I can pretty much put it where I want it but it might take me 2-3 times to pull up a bit to readjust. I am also much better with the supercab truck than the crewcab; different wheelbase. It is all what you get the most practice with....
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm

farmerjan wrote:I prefer something useful also. When I got engaged, my "present" from my fiance' was an AlisChalmers 185 tractor we had been looking at. Of course, when we split, because he thought farming was just too much hard work for no real monetary gain, I also got what was left of the payments... :hide: :bs: . He thought I was going to give up being a farmer and become a "housewife" ??????. Long story...

But, my son and I do practical also. I think this year I am going to invest in our own "dart gun" for giving shots when cattle are on pasture, to give him. We have borrowed a friends several times this past year and it seems to be a sensible addition to our "tools" for farming.

I learned to drive and back up a 2 horse Stidham trailer and am better with a bumper pull than my son is. He is better with the gooseneck, but pulls and backs it up alot more than I do. I can pretty much put it where I want it but it might take me 2-3 times to pull up a bit to readjust. I am also much better with the supercab truck than the crewcab; different wheelbase. It is all what you get the most practice with....

Mr Stidham of Algoa Texas of Stidham Western World and Trailers just passed away in August. Knew him wonder if it is coincidence or they are kin or affiliated with the group out of Oklahoma. Seems more than ironic both were in the horse trailer business.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:56 pm

My trailer came directly from the Stidham trailer place in Oklahoma. They shipped it with a mini trailer inside and had the middle upright between the 2 doors cut and rewelded to remove the mini trailer out of it. The mini trailer was used by the dealer in Ct as a promotional thing. Think they put it up on something so it could be seen from the highway or something. Been 50 years so I don't really remember all the details. Had it til about 15 years ago. All the salt on the roads up north worked on the body....had a guy who bought it and took it apart and used the frame and all to build himself another trailer. They pulled like a dream, you never knew it was back there hardly, no sway, nothing.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm

All I want is for it to be over
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 am

dun wrote:All I want is for it to be over

Kind of early to be the Christmas Grinch, but when the Christmas season starts before Halloween it's easy to get your fill.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 am

dun wrote:All I want is for it to be over

Yep, me too
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 am

greybeard wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:We usually get some small things, I usually end up with a bunch of books, but nothing spectacular. The things I need get bought.

I have a couple of Lucchese belts someone gave me years ago. They've held up well (and under considerable strain, too, I might add).
0 x
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

Return to “Coffee Shop”