NFR Started

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

NFR Started

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:09 pm

0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Smoothy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: NFR Started

Postby Smoothy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 pm

First year we haven't gone in few. Dang sure wish we were there. Having a adult beverages and enjoying some good rodeo would be better than pushing snow and rolling bedding out for the cows!
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:42 am

Good first night. Something I’d like to see at the NFR in rough stock events if the animal is garbage give a re-ride. With championships and so much money every cowboy should be given at least a decent animal. There were a few horses and several bulls that flat out failed.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:48 am

wacocowboy wrote:Good first night. Something I’d like to see at the NFR in rough stock events if the animal is garbage give a re-ride. With championships and so much money every cowboy should be given at least a decent animal. There were a few horses and several bulls that flat out failed.

Two of the bare back horses tonight should have entered barrels as well.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:55 am

Bigfoot wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:Good first night. Something I’d like to see at the NFR in rough stock events if the animal is garbage give a re-ride. With championships and so much money every cowboy should be given at least a decent animal. There were a few horses and several bulls that flat out failed.

I have tonight’s on DVR haven’t had a chance to watch. If an animal is under 40 points is it preforming at a finals level?
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:28 am

wacocowboy wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

I have tonight’s on DVR haven’t had a chance to watch. If an animal is under 40 points is it preforming at a finals level?

No, not really. The other side of the coin would be the luck of the draw and surviving in the average.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:49 am

Bigfoot wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

No, not really. The other side of the coin would be the luck of the draw and surviving in the average.

Yeah I understand the luck of the draw. I just think for the NFR there should be a higher standard for the draw. I just think if the Cowboy didn’t screw the pooch there shouldn’t be scores in the 70s. I know that use to make me mad when I’d pay an entry fee to get on junk that was worse than stuff in the practice pen. That is something I like about the PBR if a bull is under 19 they will run another one under you if you want it. I think the PRCA needs to seriously look at the stock at the NFR you got the best 15 don’t you want to see them get challenged. I know animals have off days those might of been good performers all year but either the arena or environment messed them up or they just had an off night so give a re-ride. That was part of what the ERA want best Cowboys vs best stock.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 am

wacocowboy wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

No rerides are ever given in the PRCA. And the selection process for stock politically motivated, hence the weak animals. That being said I enjoy it. The team roping was a nail biter last year.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:

No rerides are ever given in the PRCA. And the selection process for stock politically motivated, hence the weak animals. That being said I enjoy it. The team roping was a nail biter last year.

They certainly do give rerides in the PRCA..... ever ride there? There are rules written as to what qualifies for a reride. They follow the same rules at the NFR as they do at rodoes all year.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 am

Dave wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

They certainly do give rerides in the PRCA..... ever ride there? There are rules written as to what qualifies for a reride. They follow the same rules at the NFR as they do at rodoes all year.

Every rodeo I’ve been to I’ve seen guys get an 85 to win the ride and some other guy draws a dink and gets a 72 with no reride.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: NFR Starte

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 pm

I've seen them get most of the rerides due to being fouled on the turn out or some other reasons,, but if they give a score for a sorry bucker then that's another deal,, like the bad calls in football.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Are they airing it on any other channels on Direct TV ..besides channel 221 ?? I don't have that one...
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:39 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Are they airing it on any other channels on Direct TV ..besides channel 221 ?? I don't have that one...

Naw I think it is exclusive to CBS Sports Network unless you can find it online streaming somewhere.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:08 am

wacocowboy wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:Are they airing it on any other channels on Direct TV ..besides channel 221 ?? I don't have that one...

Naw I think it is exclusive to CBS Sports Network unless you can find it online streaming somewhere.

I believe I saw you could watch it the next day online, but I could be wrong.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”