Depths of Depression

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24045
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Depths of Depression

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 pm

I believe I'm at the lowest point of my life. I don't know how many of you remember this but this month nine years ago Al Gore promised that the ice caps would be gone by 2018. Though this sent many people into a panic I viewed this as a golden fishing opportunity where I would be able to fish 12 million square kilometers of pristine, virgin unfished waters. The very thought of this once in a lifetime opportunity was just mind boggling so I made plans to be there this spring before there was a rush of other fishermen to these waters. I pre-booked everything and now that its 2018 the ice is still there and it don't look like its going anywhere anytime soon. I'm crushed is all I can say. It was bad enough that I never got a free phone but now THIS! I'm crushed.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22736
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

There is ice fishing if you don’t become a polar bear snack.
I am not going I will await the results of your depressing fishing trip.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7426
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:56 pm

At least you don't have to tote ice.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7940
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: SW tip of Virginia

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 pm

The problem Jogee is that you didnt get Al elected. He would have had things so hot if you did that it would have melted.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16841
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby greybeard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:55 pm

I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
Image

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
Image
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8079
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby Stocker Steve » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:There is ice fishing if you don’t become a polar bear snack.


I am not up for catching minnows.

Maybe Aaron can organize a fishing trip on Lake of the Woods?
0 x
Stocker Steve

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 961
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby ez14. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 pm

greybeard wrote:I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
Image

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
Image

Smelt! Tastes real good! Never been smelt fishing though
0 x

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4313
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:There is ice fishing if you don’t become a polar bear snack.


I am not up for catching minnows.

Maybe Aaron can organize a fishing trip on Lake of the Woods?


Good luck with that. :lol: I make sure my brain doesn't freeze in the winter, which is what causes people to think sitting on ice with a pole looking down into a water hole is a 'good time'.

There are a few shacks on the river at the Baudette bridge, but not near as many as there have been other years.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4713
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby callmefence » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:40 am

ez14. wrote:
greybeard wrote:I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
Image

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
Image

Smelt! Tastes real good! Never been smelt fishing though


Better taste good. Their to small for bait.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby dun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 am

You can tell they're fish cause they "smelt"
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2237
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby jltrent » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.
2 x

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby dun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

jltrent wrote:If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.

He would have invented something to make it all better. Shades of Fahrenheit 451!
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 961
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: west MI

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby ez14. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 am

callmefence wrote:
ez14. wrote:
greybeard wrote:I can't say we're missing much Jo. But you can still go. Evidently all you need is a Ronco Pocket Fisherman and a sledgehammer to knock a hole in the ice.
Image

At first, I thought this was bait, but seems it's 'a thing' up there to catch. Fishing for minnows...who knew?
Image

Smelt! Tastes real good! Never been smelt fishing though


Better taste good. Their to small for bait.
only thing I don't like about eating smelt is that they usually leave the fins on! You just cut the head off and pull the guts out and the fins can be a little prickly going down
0 x

User avatar
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7940
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: SW tip of Virginia

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 am

Jogee, maybe HSTexas will invite you to spend some time down in TX instead,
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Hunter
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:09 am
Location: KC, MO

Re: Depths of Depression

Postby Hunter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 am

dun wrote:
jltrent wrote:If Al would have gotten elected you would be a lot more depressed.

He would have invented something to make it all better. Shades of Fahrenheit 451!


Didn't he invent the internets?
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests