Put In An Offer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:01 am

Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:08 am

[quote="Jogeephus"]Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

Welllll..... the odds of drawing a sheep permit were 450 to 1 last year. So if you are lucky enough to get a permit you are welcome to come stay and hunt for free. Oh, by the way the sheep were on BLM land that anyone can hunt. You can drive a pickup there but I recommend a quad. There is a little river to drive across. It is easy with a pickup. With a quad you want to pick your feet up and don't let up on the throttle.
1 x

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

It must be tough to own a place large enough where you arn't sure where the boundaries are. I have one corner of my place where I am not sure where the corner is, but its not from the size of the place, its just that the terrain in this corner looks like Vietnam. Luckily the previous owner was smart enough to fence it off.

I would to ride a quad around that place for a couple days. It is truly impressive.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am

Dave wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

Welllll..... the odds of drawing a sheep permit were 450 to 1 last year. So if you are lucky enough to get a permit you are welcome to come stay and hunt for free. Oh, by the way the sheep were on BLM land that anyone can hunt. You can drive a pickup there but I recommend a quad. There is a little river to drive across. It is easy with a pickup. With a quad you want to pick your feet up and don't let up on the throttle.

If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm

God's country!!!
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
worth a shot
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 am

ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Dave wrote:

worth a shot

I agree and if it didn't work then you could get the ACLU to file a civil rights suit against them for discrimination since obviously your feelings have been marginalized and this clearly goes against your constitutional right to pursue your happiness.

Anyone have some good recipes?
1 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
worth a shot

I agree and if it didn't work then you could get the ACLU to file a civil rights suit against them for discrimination since obviously your feelings have been marginalized and this clearly goes against your constitutional right to pursue your happiness.

Anyone have some good recipes?

If that doesn't work I also have a piece of paper that self identifies as a permit
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 am

"If that doesn't work I also have a piece of paper that self identifies as a permit"

:lol: :lol: :clap: :lol2:
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 am

Sounds like we are golden!
1 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:28 am

Jogeephus wrote:Sounds like we are golden!

So when are we meeting up out there?
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:05 pm

ez14. wrote:

I looked at the moon charts and star alignment and it looks like the best hunting will be about two weeks before the season starts so anytime in that 14 day window should do fine. Will that work for you?
0 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:

I looked at the moon charts and star alignment and it looks like the best hunting will be about two weeks before the season starts so anytime in that 14 day window should do fine. Will that work for you?

Yup I'll be there
1 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:

Deer season is about the first two weeks in October. Elk season is the first week in November. So I would recommend the period between those two times. The cows don't have to be off the BLM until the end of November so there shouldn't be too many ranchers and cowboys in the hills between the two hunting seasons. You should be golden. Just don't post any pictures on social media of the big ram.
3 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

Dave, we need to see some photos.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Return to “Coffee Shop”