Put In An Offer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Post Reply
Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7424
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Dave » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:08 am

[quote="Jogeephus"]Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

Welllll..... the odds of drawing a sheep permit were 450 to 1 last year. So if you are lucky enough to get a permit you are welcome to come stay and hunt for free. Oh, by the way the sheep were on BLM land that anyone can hunt. You can drive a pickup there but I recommend a quad. There is a little river to drive across. It is easy with a pickup. With a quad you want to pick your feet up and don't let up on the throttle.



User avatar
bird dog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Navarro County, Texas
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by bird dog » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

It must be tough to own a place large enough where you arn't sure where the boundaries are. I have one corner of my place where I am not sure where the corner is, but its not from the size of the place, its just that the terrain in this corner looks like Vietnam. Luckily the previous owner was smart enough to fence it off.

I would to ride a quad around that place for a couple days. It is truly impressive.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24217
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Jogeephus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am

Dave wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

Welllll..... the odds of drawing a sheep permit were 450 to 1 last year. So if you are lucky enough to get a permit you are welcome to come stay and hunt for free. Oh, by the way the sheep were on BLM land that anyone can hunt. You can drive a pickup there but I recommend a quad. There is a little river to drive across. It is easy with a pickup. With a quad you want to pick your feet up and don't let up on the throttle.


If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9969
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm

God's country!!!
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: west MI
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by ez14. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Those sheep might be some possible money makers for you less of course you are a kind soul and would let me hunt for free. ;-)[/quote

Welllll..... the odds of drawing a sheep permit were 450 to 1 last year. So if you are lucky enough to get a permit you are welcome to come stay and hunt for free. Oh, by the way the sheep were on BLM land that anyone can hunt. You can drive a pickup there but I recommend a quad. There is a little river to drive across. It is easy with a pickup. With a quad you want to pick your feet up and don't let up on the throttle.


If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
worth a shot

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24217
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Jogeephus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 am

ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
Dave wrote:


If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
worth a shot


I agree and if it didn't work then you could get the ACLU to file a civil rights suit against them for discrimination since obviously your feelings have been marginalized and this clearly goes against your constitutional right to pursue your happiness.

Anyone have some good recipes?
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: west MI
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by ez14. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
If I said, "permits offend me" do you think the BLM would understand and be compassionate? Seems to work in every other segment of our society.
worth a shot


I agree and if it didn't work then you could get the ACLU to file a civil rights suit against them for discrimination since obviously your feelings have been marginalized and this clearly goes against your constitutional right to pursue your happiness.

Anyone have some good recipes?

If that doesn't work I also have a piece of paper that self identifies as a permit

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18091
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by greybeard » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 am

"If that doesn't work I also have a piece of paper that self identifies as a permit"

:lol: :lol: :clap: :lol2:
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24217
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Jogeephus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 am

Sounds like we are golden!
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: west MI
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by ez14. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:28 am

Jogeephus wrote:Sounds like we are golden!

So when are we meeting up out there?

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24217
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Jogeephus » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:05 pm

ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sounds like we are golden!

So when are we meeting up out there?


I looked at the moon charts and star alignment and it looks like the best hunting will be about two weeks before the season starts so anytime in that 14 day window should do fine. Will that work for you?
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1331
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: west MI
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by ez14. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sounds like we are golden!

So when are we meeting up out there?


I looked at the moon charts and star alignment and it looks like the best hunting will be about two weeks before the season starts so anytime in that 14 day window should do fine. Will that work for you?

Yup I'll be there

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7424
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Dave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sounds like we are golden!

So when are we meeting up out there?


I looked at the moon charts and star alignment and it looks like the best hunting will be about two weeks before the season starts so anytime in that 14 day window should do fine. Will that work for you?


Deer season is about the first two weeks in October. Elk season is the first week in November. So I would recommend the period between those two times. The cows don't have to be off the BLM until the end of November so there shouldn't be too many ranchers and cowboys in the hills between the two hunting seasons. You should be golden. Just don't post any pictures on social media of the big ram.

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2705
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Bestoutwest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

Dave, we need to see some photos.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7424
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Put In An Offer

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Dave, we need to see some photos.


I haven't taken any real good ones lately. We have been busy moving in and unpacking boxes. So I will try a few older ones I took. This is some of the irrigated ground and the hill behind the house. The house is the white to the right against the base of the hill. We own everything in this picture and more.

Image

Post Reply