Put In An Offer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.
0 x

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby SmokinM » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:29 am

It sounds nicer every time you talk about it. No internet no cell phone, you have purchased heaven my friend. Enjoy and best of luck.
0 x

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4607
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks for sharing a very exciting time for you. I looked at the pictures. It is beautiful and you are blessed. All the best in making it be your place.
1 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:22 pm

SmokinM wrote:It sounds nicer every time you talk about it. No internet no cell phone, you have purchased heaven my friend. Enjoy and best of luck.


It is nearly 50 miles to the nearest Walmart. The nearest grocery store, gas station, or any other kind of business is about 30 miles away. The little town only has 10 homes and a post office. Literally every other resident of the community is a rancher or a hired man of a rancher. I went to a branding down there a few weeks ago. A bunch of the locals (25-30) were there I am looking forward to living next to these kind of people.
0 x

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby SmokinM » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:05 am

Now your just bragging! In all seriousness the place is gorgeous and definitely my kinda place with that kind of seclusion. I can see why your excited. Couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy my friend.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 am

SmokinM wrote:Now your just bragging! In all seriousness the place is gorgeous and definitely my kinda place with that kind of seclusion. I can see why your excited. Couldn't be happier for you! Enjoy my friend.

OK, I will quit. The seller came down a lot on their price but wanted 60 days after close to move out. So I have 57 more days during which I am going to go crazy. The wife put an aerial picture of the ranch on the computer as a screen saver. Nice to look at but I am ready to move now....... This is going to worse than the count down to retirement.
0 x

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby SmokinM » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:56 am

That’s ok if I owned I would be bragging too. I had the same deal on mine we bought in November where they wanted to stay after closing. It is frustrating to own it but not be able to have it. I hope yours treat you better than mine did, apparently he thought trash didn’t qualify as personal property so left me a 30yd dumpster plus full of trash along with several pickup loads. People just don’t know how to treat people right. Sorry just venting a little there. I do hope yours do better or you have some protection built in if they don’t. One thing is for sure you got a place worth waiting/ working on. In 2 months you will be fat cattin it up on that slice of heaven and it will all be worth it. Enjoy!!
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 am

SmokinM wrote:That’s ok if I owned I would be bragging too. I had the same deal on mine we bought in November where they wanted to stay after closing. It is frustrating to own it but not be able to have it. I hope yours treat you better than mine did, apparently he thought trash didn’t qualify as personal property so left me a 30yd dumpster plus full of trash along with several pickup loads. People just don’t know how to treat people right. Sorry just venting a little there. I do hope yours do better or you have some protection built in if they don’t. One thing is for sure you got a place worth waiting/ working on. In 2 months you will be fat cattin it up on that slice of heaven and it will all be worth it. Enjoy!!


Yes, the trash is a concern. There was a stack of coiled up old rotten barb wire in the machine shed. Six weeks ago I was down there and he was pulling it out of the shed. He told me that he was hauling it off. Well last weekend it was still in a pile outside the shed. They have 40-50 head of horses and ponies. There is actually $5,000 held in escrow that is mine if they haven't removed them by a certain date. I really don't want to have to collect on that money. But there is no use in worrying. It will all work out.
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17063
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby greybeard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am

Yes, the trash is a concern. There was a stack of coiled up old rotten barb wire in the machine shed. Six weeks ago I was down there and he was pulling it out of the shed. He told me that he was hauling it off. Well last weekend it was still in a pile outside the shed.

Well, at least it's all in one place and not left coiled up along the old fence rows right where it was taken down, grown up in weeds and vines.
Good luck with it Dave..sounds like one heck of a nice place.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8481
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby 1982vett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Congratulations......
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby TexasBred » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Dave wrote:Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.

Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Dave wrote:Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.

Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.


The nearest one is 3/4 miles as the crow flies. The next one is about another mile. After that it is about another 2 miles. Turning to the left up through the canyon it is about 15 miles.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29658
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 01, 2018 8:47 am

Dave wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Dave wrote:Although this place does have indoor plumbing and electricity it does lack in several regards. Things that most of you take for granted like internet and cell service are seriously lacking. We are looking into satellite internet. And of course there is the standard land line for a phone. The sellers stated that dial up internet barely worked at all and when it did the phone wouldn't work.

Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.


The nearest one is 3/4 miles as the crow flies. The next one is about another mile. After that it is about another 2 miles. Turning to the left up through the canyon it is about 15 miles.

That's good. As much as we all enjoy being left alone it's always good to have a good neighbor not too far down the road in case of emergencies. Sounds like a wonderful setup. I figure I can probably make it up sometimes in June or July. Get away from this Texas heat for about a month......lololol
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
ChrisB
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1204
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:45 pm
Location: MN

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 am

TexasBred wrote:
Dave wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Dave you may have already answered this but how far from your place to the nearest neighbor.


The nearest one is 3/4 miles as the crow flies. The next one is about another mile. After that it is about another 2 miles. Turning to the left up through the canyon it is about 15 miles.

That's good. As much as we all enjoy being left alone it's always good to have a good neighbor not too far down the road in case of emergencies. Sounds like a wonderful setup. I figure I can probably make it up sometimes in June or July. Get away from this Texas heat for about a month......lololol


Sweet! Party at Dave's! I've been looking for a good reason to visit that area. I'll bring the baked beans.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6902
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm

June is out. The people have until June 25 to get out. And there will be some moving in going on for a couple weeks after that. It is a four hour drive from where we are presently at so It will take a week or three to get moved in. But once we get settled in ....... we will be just a few minutes off I-84.

Good story about neighbors. I had to get a PO Box so the title company would have an address for us down there (no rural delivery). The counter at the post office is only open 8 to 10 AM M-F. I got up early to get there in time. So I was out in front of the PO digging for something in my car. A young cowboy comes out and introduces himself as my closest neighbor. We are standing there talking and an elderly lady comes out and asked if my wife did quilting. She invited her to come to the community center (the old school house) on Wednesday mornings. Seems the ladies get together to quilt and do other things there every week. God neighbors are not going to be a problem.
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests