Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
- Posts: 3067
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
- Location: Molino Florida
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 180 times
Rest In Peace Don (Dun)
1.There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2. A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3. A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5. A. Time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6. A time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7. A time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8. A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
Dun was a wise man direct and to the point, respectful of others, he will be missed. Prayers for his family.
Respect give it to get it!
- Posts: 14141
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
- Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
- Has thanked: 166 times
- Been thanked: 176 times
dang, totally missed this thread.. As much as it sucks for all of us, may he rest in peace, and condolences to his friends and family everywhere!
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
- Location: ne oklahoma
- Has thanked: 105 times
- Been thanked: 47 times
I missed it also, RIP.
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 am
- Location: Western Kentucky
- Has thanked: 36 times
- Been thanked: 23 times
Just getting around to seeing this thread
. The weather, being busy, and my own family loss has me behind here on the forum. Hate seeing this news. Seems like death of people I respect and or care for are dropping like flies here lately. There definitely some new mansion owners in Heaven now. Didn't know Dun personally but always read his posts and looked forward to his replies. He was among one of the users here I respected the most
. RIP Dun and God Bless the Family to keep going on.
- Posts: 14778
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 pm
- Location: Texas
- Has thanked: 22 times
- Been thanked: 13 times
I found this on Friday. How do I respond? This place just won't be the same without Dun. We were blessed to have him here as long as we did. Go bless his family in this tragic loss.
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 am
- Location: Up under a cow in SW Ohio
Dun was the only person who made me feel welcome when I joined. Cfpinz, my sympathy for the loss. Of your friend
- Posts: 18074
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
- Location: Cleveland Tx
- Has thanked: 54 times
- Been thanked: 185 times
Seemed apropriate, even tho the name at the end didn't fit.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZd-AE16gVw
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.
- Posts: 2833
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 am
- Location: Alabama
- Has thanked: 2 times
I just found this thread and I am so sorry, Don, Dun was a friend that guided me with my cattle and will be missed. May God's peace be with his family.
- Trail Boss
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm
- Location: SW Oklahoma
- Has thanked: 33 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
RIP Dunn. He will certainly be missed in the CT community.
My condolences to his family and friends.
- Posts: 1369
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 pm
- Location: Central Texas
Bad news. Sorry for his family. He is at peace. He was one of the guys here that was always respectful and had advice to offer. For that I was thankful. That glimpse into his character showed a decent man.
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 am
My condolences to duns family.
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 am
- Location: Dickson County, Tennessee
Really hate to see this. Dun was knowledgeable and kind enough to share what he knew in a way that wasn't condescending but helpful. Just a good ol' guy, who I'm certainly going to miss.
I had a friend (gone now) who could walk into a room full of Governors or a room full of garbage men and by the end of the night every one of them would think he was their new best friend. Dun struck me the same way and I mean that as a 100% compliment.
I pray his wife and family will find comfort in their many fond memories of him.
"Happy Trails to you,
until we meet again"
- Trail Boss
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 pm
- Location: Kansas
- Has thanked: 31 times
- Been thanked: 62 times
We've lost an amazing resource. A good friend. An unbiased judge.
6 pages of tributes to an honorable life.
Thank You Dun. God Bless you.
- Posts: 5329
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 pm
- Location: Fencemans place...central Texas
- Has thanked: 85 times
- Been thanked: 141 times
I don't guess we ever got along that good. But that doesn't mean I don't have the greatest respect for you Dun. I will definitely miss your wisdom and I want you to know I learned a great deal from you. Thanks for everything you did.
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.
You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.