Another school shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
fence_it
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Another school shooting

Postby fence_it » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
fence_it wrote:Just a thought, if someone wants to buy a semi-automatic weapon, they should need at least two people to vouch for them. If the buyer uses the gun to commit a crime, the people who vouched for them could be held liable.

The Florida shooter should never have been able to purchase an AR-15 with his mental health history and record.

But more than anything, incidents like this come about due to the decline of morals in our society. Time to bring the bible back into school and for parents to start disciplining their kids.

:bs:
What a crock holding someone else liable for your actions.

Maybe, but might make a person think twice about whether their friend or family member should have a semi-auto rifle. Seems like it would have done alot of good in this situation.
0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm

fence_it wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
fence_it wrote:Just a thought, if someone wants to buy a semi-automatic weapon, they should need at least two people to vouch for them. If the buyer uses the gun to commit a crime, the people who vouched for them could be held liable.

The Florida shooter should never have been able to purchase an AR-15 with his mental health history and record.

But more than anything, incidents like this come about due to the decline of morals in our society. Time to bring the bible back into school and for parents to start disciplining their kids.

Maybe, but might make a person think twice about whether their friend or family member should have a semi-auto rifle. Seems like it would have done alot of good in this situation.

You reckon someone ought to have a cosigner to buy a gallon of gasoline to?
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

fence_it
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby fence_it » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 pm

callmefence wrote:
fence_it wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

You reckon someone ought to have a cosigner to buy a gallon of gasoline to?

No sir
0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 pm

fence_it wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

That is a very blue thought process, with that line of thinking we need to outlaw teenagers driving automobiles.
Thousands are killed yearly due to their faulty driving abilities and habits.
Yet that doesn’t matter, dead is dead.
1 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Open the mental hospitals back up and quit trying to treat crazy with drugs in the home.
4 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm

yeah what kind of side swipe crap is that fence it...

im all for if yer mental ya cant have one..but who decides..im not taking a test to see if im allowed to own my stuff..at whos discretion..more rule mean yer always in violation of something they can use against you when the time is right
this is an open ended load of crap that will never ever be able to be addressed..even this stupid thread has become about guns and it isn't...okc bombing ring a bell...how bout the boston crockpots..really....9/11...just the same ole same ole crap gets spewed for a few weeks and not a dam thing gets done..trump told us he will not infringe our 2nd amendment right and it is suicide if he even mentions it...not til he is long gone..find another solution snowflakes it aint gonna happen
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?
5 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 pm

greybeard wrote:Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Not everyone believes the gun is the problem.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop

fasttommy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby fasttommy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Fence it your idea might be no good but congrats for actually proposing a solution rather than just complaining about how everybody is doing everything wrong and how kids these days are terrible.
3 x

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 pm

M-5 wrote:Open the mental hospitals back up and quit trying to treat crazy with drugs in the home.

Now if we open all the mental hospitals back up and add the new ones that are needed, over half the population will either be in a mental institution or a prison! Interesting thought!
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 am

fasttommy wrote:Fence it your idea might be no good but congrats for actually proposing a solution rather than just complaining about how everybody is doing everything wrong and how kids these days are terrible.

We want freedom - freedom to go where we want, think what we want, do what we want, and own firearms, etc.

We want privacy. We want freedom from surveillance. Freedom form an over-stepping law enforcement institution.

If we want these liberties, then we have to accept that there are people in our world who will use those freedoms to commit crimes against humanity.

In a free society, these acts are inevitable. The POTUS will feed us rhetoric. People will complain.

Security is the only response. Seems like most already have accepted that because that is exactly what schools are doing - increasing security and instituting armed security guards. I have been watching local coverage. Many schools in Kentucky are now employing guard gates and armed security personnel.

As Brute said, this does not prevent these acts from occurring off school grounds. We have to live with that.
1 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:18 am

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/men-gas ... 38071.html

I ran across this article and found it interesting. I suspect some people are molded and raised by parents that learned from their parents. Some will say my Dad would knock the crap out of me when I was growing up and I turned out okay. Some will remember their Dad as being compassionate and understanding and could discipline a young child without the crap being knocked out of them. Also some where I read that the shooter was adopted. I have had several friends that adopted these friends were good people and the children they adopted were mean and hard to raise. Some of the friends were actually afraid of the adopted children after the children became grown. My conclusion is that no one teaches anyone how to raise a good child some children are molded at the start and do not change. I also wonder about some of the teachers that taught when I was growing up. Were they good teachers are were they blessed with a class of smart children to start with.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 am

hurleyjd wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/men-gaslighting-celeb-suggesting-boys-broken-wake-florida-shooting-203338071.html

I ran across this article and found it interesting. I suspect some people are molded and raised by parents that learned from their parents. Some will say my Dad would knock the crap out of me when I was growing up and I turned out okay. Some will remember their Dad as being compassionate and understanding and could discipline a young child without the crap being knocked out of them. Also some where I read that the shooter was adopted. I have had several friends that adopted these friends were good people and the children they adopted were mean and hard to raise. Some of the friends were actually afraid of the adopted children after the children became grown. My conclusion is that no one teaches anyone how to raise a good child some children are molded at the start and do not change. I also wonder about some of the teachers that taught when I was growing up. Were they good teachers are were they blessed with a class of smart children to start with.

I know of two adopted cases, the adopted children were renegades from day one. It is like docility, it comes in the genes.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 am

Bright Raven wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/men-gaslighting-celeb-suggesting-boys-broken-wake-florida-shooting-203338071.html

I know of two adopted cases, the adopted children were renegades from day one. It is like docility, it comes in the genes.

So you’re saying it’s nature versus nurture.
Now explain why our prisons are full of people that had good parents?
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 am

HDRider wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
M-5 wrote:
single shot with 10# of tannerite would massacre Hundreds

So would a claymore.

Where do you get them?

Black market. They're right beside the rpg's.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Coffee Shop”