civility

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: civility

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:11 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:It dang sure is right, and that's my opinion. I have never told anyone how or what to think, I'm blessed that I can think for myself. I wouldn't issue a marriage license to queers, my belief is greater than any rule. There's definitely psychos, terrorists and idiots on both sides, never claimed there wasn't. I've been wearing a NRA cap and a cap that backs the present POTUS, I feel they both could use the help right now. It's hard to believe how far some idiots will go, till you tell them exactly what to do. My wife thinks I should wear my body armor, that's how extreme some of the idiots get over a cap.

When you're paid to do a job that relies you to follow the laws of America, your beliefs go out the window or you quit. And, you, personally, only refer to liberals as stupid, terrorists or both. Stop pretending that they have the corner on the market. All political groups are full of weirdos, idiots, zealots, freaks, etc. Right, left, middle, every group's got 1 or 2. I know some great folks on both sides of the aisle, but because they don't share the same political beliefs as I do doesn't make them any less of a person.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
ga.prime wrote:From the looks of Hogg, he's probably had to put up with a lot of bullying in his life.

There is a lot about Hogg that doesn’t smell right.
well with a snorkel like his, he probably could smell a rat fart...
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:52 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Well I hope this is the only house that your parents have ever sold. I'm almost sure you can only sell one house in your lifetime and not pay a capital gains tax.

Where'd that come from?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
This is incorrect. The extreme right is no better than the extreme left. Extreme conservatives are responsible for several murders of doctors that perform abortion. By definition, that is terrorism (the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims). Kim Davis refused to grant marriage licenses after a law was passed. That's not respect for the rights (14th Amendment) of those people wanting to get married. To sit and point fingers at people, calling them idiots, terrorists, psychos, etc, b/c you don't like their ideology will solve nothing, will not make the world a better place, and doesn't prove that your opinion is superior to anyone else's.

It dang sure is right, and that's my opinion. I have never told anyone how or what to think, I'm blessed that I can think for myself. I wouldn't issue a marriage license to queers, my belief is greater than any rule. There's definitely psychos, terrorists and idiots on both sides, never claimed there wasn't. I've been wearing a NRA cap and a cap that backs the present POTUS, I feel they both could use the help right now. It's hard to believe how far some idiots will go, till you tell them exactly what to do. My wife thinks I should wear my body armor, that's how extreme some of the idiots get over a cap.

That is worth putting in bold.

If you got body armor and it is that dangerous where you come and go, you should wear it. But it ain't going to protect your cap or that hard egg under it.

But he's got the law on his side. The same law he refuses to obey if it differs from his personal opinions. That's what's scary as he//.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:24 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
That is worth putting in bold.

If you got body armor and it is that dangerous where you come and go, you should wear it. But it ain't going to protect your cap or that hard egg under it.

But he's got the law on his side. The same law he refuses to obey if it differs from his personal opinions. That's what's scary as he//.

You don't have to tell me how scary some of this sounds.

Somewhere along my life's course, the world has changed. It is not the land I was raised in. We did not live under the threat that everyone was out to commit a crime against us. We never locked the house. We did not fear being robbed. We didn't fear being killed. We didn't worry if a stranger walked down the road past our house. And you know what, I still live that way!

It would not be a surprise to learn that some of our other brave Users are fortifying their homes and farms with bunkers, pill boxes, etc. All armed with 50 caliber machine guns. I suspect some even have a tank or two. HEII, some might have F-22 Raptors parked out in the barn.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Perception becomes reality just depends what side of the fence you’re standing on.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Perception becomes reality just depends what side of the fence you’re standing on.

It does. I have to wonder if some folks are letting their perception 'run wild'. Seeing danger or threats where it is not justified?

Taking it one step further, those with a more paranoid nature perceive those 'false' threats as reality. That is a formula for getting innocent people hurt.
0 x
Diogenes.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

I'm starting to think I just want to put tranquilizers in the water supply...or maybe just mine.....
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 pm

My bootlaces made out of kevlar.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 pm

boondocks wrote:I'm starting to think I just want to put tranquilizers in the water supply...or maybe just mine.....

Naw. You don't need tranquilizers. Buy Body Armour. Lol
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Perception becomes reality just depends what side of the fence you’re standing on.

It does. I have to wonder if some folks are letting their perception 'run wild'. Seeing danger or threats where it is not justified?

Taking it one step further, those with a more paranoid nature perceive those 'false' threats as reality. That is a formula for getting innocent people hurt.

False threats? I have to believe that no one thinks today is the day that I'll be murdered. Yet every day hundreds of people get murdered on adverage in the US. There's no second chances, or tomorrow's for the victims, my safety is my responsibility first and foremost. I like to think I'm very aware of my surroundings and I definitely pay close attention to anything that doesn't look right. It's very apparent we all don't live life the same way, or perceive threats in the same manner.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:[ ...........It's very apparent we all don't ...perceive threats in the same manner.

There's some interesting recent scientific findings to support your point, TG. If I get a chance I'll try to fish them out.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 pm

ga.prime wrote:My bootlaces made out of kevlar.

I was thinking about doing the same a couple a weeks ago but I never got around to it. Had other pressing matters. You see a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer so I've been going by to see him whenever I could. Its sad to see him going through all this but in a way its been good in that I've really got to know him better these last two weeks because he is taking that medical marijuana and I just sit with him and his friends and we discuss all sorts of stuff. The conversation really gets interesting since he shares his medical marijuana with his friends and some of the political conversation really gets deep. Though offered to me, I refuse to smoke marijuana so I'm the only one sober in his house but I like listening to their discussions on life and politics. I don't know if its the camaraderie or the fact that his life is so finite but each day I look forward to going over to his house and visiting. Its both soothing and entertaining and when I leave I seem to no longer care anything about world events or political BS because it really just doesn't effect me. I also like watching these folks get stoned and some of the stupid stuff they do. Seems I have as much fun as they do and all I do is sit there and watch and eat the Gummie Bear things he has in a bowl on the table. Shoot, I'm getting to the point where its getting hard for me to go to work because I just want to go over there and visit. But I do mean to get some kevlar laces. Maybe tomorrow. Or the next.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

False threats? I have to believe that no one thinks today is the day that I'll be murdered. Yet every day hundreds of people get murdered on adverage in the US. There's no second chances, or tomorrow's for the victims, my safety is my responsibility first and foremost. I like to think I'm very aware of my surroundings and I definitely pay close attention to anything that doesn't look right. It's very apparent we all don't live life the same way, or perceive threats in the same manner.

Do you walk around everywhere like you are a navy seal on a clandestine mission? Or do you go through every day like you are a Brink's Guard? Do you ever get a moment to relax? Or are you always on surveilance?
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 pm

boondocks wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:[ ...........It's very apparent we all don't ...perceive threats in the same manner.

There's some interesting recent scientific findings to support your point, TG. If I get a chance I'll try to fish them out.

Today my neighbor was mowing his grass wearing a hepa mask, when I pulled up he shut the mower off, took his mask off and lit a cigarette up. He was worried about the dust getting him sick but the heck with dieing.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”