Is It Just Me?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
melking
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Muse Florida...just for ryder
Been thanked: 1 time

Is It Just Me?

Post by melking » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:33 am

Is it just me or are the number of post down on the site. Seems to me like whenever I check in, very few new post seem to be up. Anyone?
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7173
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by M-5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:37 am

Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11912
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Bigfoot » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:42 am

I have noticed it. Not sure why they are leaving. Nobody currently posting is a jerk. Nobody trolling us at the moment.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:22 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:06 am

Not here, but many parts of the country are in full swing with good weather. I'd assume that everyone is just getting busy, or have moved on to Facebook.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8698
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am

I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12403
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:34 am

M-5 wrote:Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.


And yet back you came.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1862
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by J&D Cattle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 am

It seems there is less and less actual cattle discussion and I generally won't engage outside of that to be honest.
J & D Cattle

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7173
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by M-5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:47 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
M-5 wrote:Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.


And yet back you came.

I think your wrong Bigfoot.

Bigfoot wrote:I have noticed it. Not sure why they are leaving. Nobody currently posting is a jerk. Nobody trolling us at the moment.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
ChrisB
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:45 am
Location: MN
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by ChrisB » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:50 am

Bright Raven wrote:I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.


Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, but I enjoy hearing different points of view. Now it seems like a lot of repeating topics discussed several times in the past, at least in regards to cattle.

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11912
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Bigfoot » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 am

ChrisB wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.


Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, but I enjoy hearing different points of view. Now it seems like a lot of repeating topics discussed several times in the past, at least in regards to cattle.


I can tell ya what somebody is going post, before I even start reading their response.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8698
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:00 pm

ChrisB wrote:Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, ........


If you figure out how to keep it from getting out of hand, there is a Place In The White House for a man with your skills. Lol
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
herofan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1887
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by herofan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:23 pm

ChrisB wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.


Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, but I enjoy hearing different points of view. Now it seems like a lot of repeating topics discussed several times in the past, at least in regards to cattle.


Ive heard about heated topics here, but I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed one. I always hear about it after the dust settles, or perhaps I did read it and didn’t consider it a big deal. I’ve been on several forums over the years, and it still amuses me that things can get out of hand in a cattle forum. The thought of debates over loose mineral vs blocks doesn’t really bring out the beast in me.

User avatar
melking
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Muse Florida...just for ryder
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by melking » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Sad, but I guess everything has to change.
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5051
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by ga.prime » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12403
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:45 pm

M-5 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
M-5 wrote:Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.


And yet back you came.

I think your wrong Bigfoot.

Bigfoot wrote:I have noticed it. Not sure why they are leaving. Nobody currently posting is a jerk. Nobody trolling us at the moment.


I was just reflecting on the big production you made when you left here and your vow to never return.

What happened?
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Post Reply