Police pull gun on stranded motorist

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: 50 miles south of Kansas City

Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby D2Cat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

This is a small town of about 2500 residents and 25 miles south of greater Kansas City. The man with the car that quit running, texted his wife to have her come and get him to work, texted his repair service to come pick up his car, and the police man comes by and so flustered because he was out of the car, pulled his gun on him ... had the full story in the local paper.

http://www.republic-online.com/news/loc ... 4a743.html
0 x

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 pm

That's a bit frightening.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:49 pm

That was bad deal all the way around, everyone was in the right and it worked out because the guy finally got back into his car. You can't walk up on a cop car in the dark and expect the officer not to be on high alert.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6035
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:That was bad deal all the way around, everyone was in the right and it worked out because the guy finally got back into his car. You can't walk up on a cop car in the dark and expect the officer not to be on high alert.


I agree. I did that once when I was 18 years old and the Kentucky State Policeman gave me a lecture I never forgot.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7157
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 am

That's total bs. If you are that scared to go do your job ... stay home. Plus... if the guy is standing outside his car... in the wide open... where you can see him... and you feared for you life... why would you send him back in to his car... where he could have multiple weapons... and your visibility is limited?

That cop is an idiot and has no business being a cop.
4 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1755
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby ddd75 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am

Brute 23 wrote:That's total bs. If you are that scared to go do your job ... stay home. Plus... if the guy is standing outside his car... in the wide open... where you can see him... and you feared for you life... why would you send him back in to his car... where he could have multiple weapons... and your visibility is limited?

That cop is an idiot and has no business being a cop.



cop rolls up on a broken down vehicle (reported i'm sure) and is on high alert. How dare a free citizen be OUTSIDE the vehicle.

I guess unless you're at a private property (store / home ) then you aren't allowed out of your vehicle anymore.
1 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 am

Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4549
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 am

Basic lesson in survival. Cop rolls up, stay in your car.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6894
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am

I'm thinking that had it been during daylight hours, perhaps the scenario may have been a different one.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6594
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:I'm thinking that had it been during daylight hours, perhaps the scenario may have been a different one.


I believe your right, the guy said he was trying to duck the light to talk to the cop. A powerful light is just another defensive tool.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1755
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby ddd75 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.



i can shoot a pistol pretty easily out of any vehicle window.
1 x

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7157
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:01 pm

ddd75 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.



i can shoot a pistol pretty easily out of any vehicle window.


For sure.

Any one with sense knows that was a screw up. I have never seen or been involved in a stop where a cop felt threatened and forced the person back in to the car. That's just ridiculous. It's always step out and walk to the back of the vehicle.
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby Bestoutwest » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:18 pm

The paranoia and militarization of the police in this country is quite alarming. This is not how you handle a stranded motorist.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29341
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby TexasBred » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:38 pm

ddd75 wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:That's total bs. If you are that scared to go do your job ... stay home. Plus... if the guy is standing outside his car... in the wide open... where you can see him... and you feared for you life... why would you send him back in to his car... where he could have multiple weapons... and your visibility is limited?

That cop is an idiot and has no business being a cop.



cop rolls up on a broken down vehicle (reported i'm sure) and is on high alert. How dare a free citizen be OUTSIDE the vehicle.

I guess unless you're at a private property (store / home ) then you aren't allowed out of your vehicle anymore.

Had one tell me to get back in the car one day. Said there was no need for both of us to get run over standing on the side of the road.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29341
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Postby TexasBred » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
ddd75 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.



i can shoot a pistol pretty easily out of any vehicle window.


For sure.

Any one with sense knows that was a screw up. I have never seen or been involved in a stop where a cop felt threatened and forced the person back in to the car. That's just ridiculous. It's always step out and walk to the back of the vehicle.

But you do it when he tells you to as well
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SDM and 3 guests