Not calling any names

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Not calling any names

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

Not calling any names because I don't want to be stepping on any toes but if this gives you a giggle and you can relate you know who you are.

0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Not calling any names

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Funny to watch them hit it for the first time. They take off running and the next thing you know its a stampede. All those cows running and only one knows why.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

I get a chuckle watching them hit it too. Electricity will teach them a lesson right quick. I watched one yesterday get stung and he ran around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Jogeephus wrote:I get a chuckle watching them hit it too. Electricity will teach them a lesson right quick. I watched one yesterday get stung and he ran around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail.

The ones that tickle me are the ones like that didn’t really happen. Walk up and do it again.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 pm

I've had a few calves with a deficit of brain cells.. our fence is HOT..get zapped and walk up to it again.. about 4 times..

I've seen the cows fighting, deliberately push the opponent into the fence.. pretty winning strategy too
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:48 am

I used to love to do that with the ones that had learned to reach thru the barb wire....
put em in a lot with hot wire and wait for them to stick their head thru and then turn it on....
did have to fix an ocassional fence though.
1 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Postby Ebenezer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:26 am

Best "fishing" I ever had was a cow that wanted to get beyond the poliwire each time I moved. The desire to be number one. One morning I was shifting the reel and she tried to jump over, got the poliwire on a leg or two so I took the opportunity to unlatch the stop on the spool and hook the reel back on the fence. The hook was set. wow, dance, bellow and prance and head back to where she was supposed to be. Got loose by herself, I had to reset a few step ins but she never tried the escape plan again.
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 pm

When I was a kid my daddy raised a few hogs, we used to have an ol' sow that would push her pigs into the electric fence just to make sure it was on. I always laughed when I heard 'em squealing.
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Ebenezer wrote:Best "fishing" I ever had was a cow that wanted to get beyond the poliwire each time I moved. The desire to be number one. One morning I was shifting the reel and she tried to jump over, got the poliwire on a leg or two so I took the opportunity to unlatch the stop on the spool and hook the reel back on the fence. The hook was set. wow, dance, bellow and prance and head back to where she was supposed to be. Got loose by herself, I had to reset a few step ins but she never tried the escape plan again.

Oh, I wish I could've seen that!!! (insert laughing emoticon)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Coffee Shop”