TexasBred

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: TexasBred

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 am

OwnedByTheCow wrote:We certainly have bear problem up here. One mother and cubs have killed and eaten more than 10 goats in the last 3 weeks. So far traveling within the county. One couple is convinced it's a cougar. We don't have mountain lions according to fish and game. They are like bigfoot around here, people say they see them but when they talk about it they don't know what they saw. However the vet is convinced the kill is a cat, fish and game say differently.
Something killed a pony and ten miles apart killed a few calves.
If you all want our bears you can have them... seriously.

We don’t want your bears!
There is a group of idiots in TPWD that does. The last bears were killed out of the thicket in the 1930’s. Now we have warning signs on every lease to not mistake a hog for black bear along with all the penalties.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 am

You need to get a drone Cowgirl8...
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 11:56 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
My
Story is consistent viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103065&start=15

Sorry. Its not consistent. Its not worthy of a gap analysis. Try to be consistent. Try to be honest.

Each and every person in your neighborhood or circle of influence is described in a derogatory manner. We can be assured that you describe the folks here in this forum with derogatory names. Its just who you are.

So sorry you are so miserable with life. Such a shame.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am

alisonb wrote:You need to get a drone Cowgirl8...

She could keep better tabs on the Weekender who has been living on his site since Nov
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:The story is real, but for some reason a few here I guess feel less of a man because of it. I just don't understand it. They even don't believe that my vet is the one who told me it was a cougar that got my calf. Their proof was that cougars attack necks and woudnt have gone for the hind end... The calf weighed maybe 40 pounds and was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor when it was pounced on. BUt, I guess we are dealing with experts in everything here that don't like to be questioned once they give their ever so expert opinions..... This track argument is just weird too... I don't have a small piece of property, cougars don't hang around very long and our ground is different. Maybe if I had the only water hole, I might find a track....but this track thing boogie, let it go....you're making yourself sound idiotic...
On a more positive note, I did set my game cameras back out. Not necessarily to get the cougar, but I just like seeing what goes on in the woods. I found a trail, with no tracks, just a well worn trail. I did find other trails and saw faint hog tracks, heck, hogs have trouble leaving tracks in the woods.. Then there was another trail by a big pond..I'm going to try to not go back for at least a week, but heck, I want to go get the cards at sun up. I just need to forget I put them out....

The calf size is now changed. Dramatically. A huge change from the size you originally stated.

Now it was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor. But you didn't actually see that. Nor did you see the cougar. So how do you know it wasn't bawling for momma?

You are consistent on no tracks Not even during the attack. You're also consistent on a vet told you this happened.

During the original story I wrote off many thoughts as to you were likely confused. The evolution of this story and changes thereto destroyed all credibility.

Most of CG8's stories are that way.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 pm

jehosofat wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:The story is real, but for some reason a few here I guess feel less of a man because of it. I just don't understand it. They even don't believe that my vet is the one who told me it was a cougar that got my calf. Their proof was that cougars attack necks and woudnt have gone for the hind end... The calf weighed maybe 40 pounds and was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor when it was pounced on. BUt, I guess we are dealing with experts in everything here that don't like to be questioned once they give their ever so expert opinions..... This track argument is just weird too... I don't have a small piece of property, cougars don't hang around very long and our ground is different. Maybe if I had the only water hole, I might find a track....but this track thing boogie, let it go....you're making yourself sound idiotic...
On a more positive note, I did set my game cameras back out. Not necessarily to get the cougar, but I just like seeing what goes on in the woods. I found a trail, with no tracks, just a well worn trail. I did find other trails and saw faint hog tracks, heck, hogs have trouble leaving tracks in the woods.. Then there was another trail by a big pond..I'm going to try to not go back for at least a week, but heck, I want to go get the cards at sun up. I just need to forget I put them out....

The calf size is now changed. Dramatically. A huge change from the size you originally stated.

Now it was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor. But you didn't actually see that. Nor did you see the cougar. So how do you know it wasn't bawling for momma?

You are consistent on no tracks Not even during the attack. You're also consistent on a vet told you this happened.

During the original story I wrote off many thoughts as to you were likely confused. The evolution of this story and changes thereto destroyed all credibility.

Says the man who tried to convince us for years he was really an engineer.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm

alisonb wrote:You need to get a drone Cowgirl8...

My son has one. They take amazing video. He got some really good ones of the logging crew.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:One of the new guys down the road with the weekenders has been living in a RV on his sight since Nov... He has yet to see a deer....I go out and daily see over 30 not trying. Another says we have no coyotes..I sure hope they don't call me a liar because they don't see them .. SO, I dunno..... maybe we just have a few cats... Its not that populated around us, we don't get a lot of traffic The one that took our daughters lab up a tree did not make it to the news papers.....I do think one was run over on 271 a while back. People see bears, but I don't hear or see public reports...Maybe we don't give a dang what lives around here... Why is it so important to debunk it?
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
OwnedByTheCow wrote:We certainly have bear problem up here. One mother and cubs have killed and eaten more than 10 goats in the last 3 weeks. So far traveling within the county. One couple is convinced it's a cougar. We don't have mountain lions according to fish and game. They are like bigfoot around here, people say they see them but when they talk about it they don't know what they saw. However the vet is convinced the kill is a cat, fish and game say differently.
Something killed a pony and ten miles apart killed a few calves.
If you all want our bears you can have them... seriously.

We don’t want your bears!
There is a group of idiots in TPWD that does. The last bears were killed out of the thicket in the 1930’s. Now we have warning signs on every lease to not mistake a hog for black bear along with all the penalties.

All the time growing up here, the top predator was domestic dogs, ringtails or a fox. I was late teens or maybe even 20 before seeing a coyote then thought it was some strange looking stray dog at first. Soon after that started hearing others talk about coyotes and within a few years they were thick. Over the years black bears have repopulated in east KY and have steadily moved west. 3 years ago we got a call out of the blue from a person raking hay on the back part of the farm, a bear had ran out of thicket and by the tractor. A neighbor had a trail camera out and got a mother and cub on it. I saw one come out of a thicket on another neighbors place and it just ran out and turned and went right back, happened so fast I thought it was a black calf. Then last summer, had a garden down in a hay field, and was down spraying pre emergent herbicide when one came down out a tree, about 30 ft from me. I froze didn't know what to do, but when it got to the ground it must of ran off couldn't see for all the honeysuckle bushes along the fence row. Our tomato row was demolished one night, I figure the bear was the culprit cause it had gotten weedy and a wide swath was mashed down and tomatoes were gone. Later in the fall a lot of the locust trees that tend to loose limbs as the trees die out seemed to come down rather quickly and be debarked, as well as some fence post that were maybe not in great shape but would have lasted a little longer were dug into I reckon they were looking for bugs. It's kind of interesting to have them around but at the same time it looks like they can be destructive.
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 4:33 pm

TexasBred wrote:
jehosofat wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

INPO Certified. I & C and Mechanical. SME now that says who is qualified to sign and who is not. Paychecks too. I simply get paid to be an engineer TB Its pretty nice :-) You've got a problem with it. Not me.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 22, 2018 4:36 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
jehosofat wrote:

INPO Certified. I & C and Mechanical. SME now that says who is qualified to sign and who is not. Paychecks too. I simply get paid to be an engineer TB Its pretty nice :-) You've got a problem with it. Not me.

hahahahaha….yep you get to work there. You'll never be an engineer. Appears Cowgirl8 is more honest and much more accurate than you are.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

TexasBred wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

hahahahaha….yep you get to work there. You'll never be an engineer. Appears Cowgirl8 is more honest and much more accurate than you are.

you keep believing that. I'll keep collecting my paychecks. I qualified an engineer just today. He does have a degree.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

I'm not sure how we functioned prior to you coming along March 12, 2014

The CG8 contest started with the above post by Backhoeboogie on page 4. Has gone on now for 6 pages. Isn't it time for Mod2 to say MOVE ON. Lol.

Just a joke Mod2.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:And I wasn't even involved......and I've never been banned.....

I'm not sure how we functioned prior to you coming along March 12, 2014

The CG8 contest started with the above post by Backhoeboogie on page 4. Has gone on now for 6 pages. Isn't it time for Mod2 to say MOVE ON. Lol.

Just a joke Mod2.

It actually started way long before that Bright Raven. The thing with TexasBred started with Lammie 8 or so years ago. He doesn't like me and I am okay with that.

I do not have an engineering degree. I never finished college. Worked for Stone and Webster Engineering for 7 1/2 years before they hired me direct 25 years ago. There are several certifications to my name and it is no big thing. As for now I am thinking 10 more years before I retire but it could be at any point. No way am I going to go back to college. No way will I go into management no matter how many times they ask me to. Just not my thing.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
It actually started way long before that Bright Raven. The thing with TexasBred started with Lammie 8 or so years ago. He doesn't like me and I am okay with that.

I do not have an engineering degree. I never finished college. Worked for Stone and Webster Engineering for 7 1/2 years before they hired me direct 25 years ago. There are several certifications to my name and it is no big thing. As for now I am thinking 10 more years before I retire but it could be at any point. No way am I going to go back to college. No way will I go into management no matter how many times they ask me to. Just not my thing.

Thanks for that explanation.

Personally, I don't even hesitate to say this, the most rewarding, fun, exciting years of my life were in college. For many, many, reasons not to bore you with. I have often relished the idea of going back to study anthropology - specifically the field of human evolution. I guess I still could. My mind is still sharp but short term memory sucks. I can still recite the Latin name of every snake in Kentucky but I could not remember your first name 15 minutes after you told it to me. I still have good cognitive skills but short term memory would be a problem.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Return to “Coffee Shop”