Farm Labor Shortage

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Farm Labor Shortage

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:25 pm

0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Re: Farm Labor Shortage

Postby Aaron » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Robots.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:41 pm

I know the answer you're looking for is more immigration to fill the need, but the real answer is having more people that have to work for their food.
7 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Recon that is the reason Machinery parts and everything else is going up so fast. Anybody bought any machinery parts recently. THere better not be much wrong or there will be a debate whether it is worth fixing or not.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:14 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:I know the answer you're looking for is more immigration to fill the need, but the real answer is having more people that have to work for their food.

That doesn't sound reasonable when so many have gone to all the trouble to fashion the gov'ts safety net into a hammock.
4 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:I know the answer you're looking for is more immigration to fill the need, but the real answer is having more people that have to work for their food.

Exactly right..
2 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Another "Solution looking for a problem" except there Ain't no labor shortage.
The real data says;
According to Bureau of Labor, in May 2018, there were 6.1 million unemployed (legally here) adults in the USA and another (legally here) 4.9 million working part time that are looking for full time jobs. That's one worker available for every 12 hogs in the whole US.

Immigration, in the last 30 years or so, has never been about workers...it's been about increasing a specific voting demographic. Period.
3 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 pm

I see plenty of able bodies sitting on the porches in the projects. You know the same one's that despise illegals but vote left with them.
4 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:59 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I see plenty of able bodies sitting on the porches in the projects. You know the same one's that despise illegals but vote left with them.

Imagine that.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I see plenty of able bodies sitting on the porches in the projects. You know the same one's that despise illegals but vote left with them.

Not enough hog farms and farms near the projects. How do you come up with a solution to move the project people to the farms or the farms to the project.
2 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

Not enough hog farms and farms near the projects. How do you come up with a solution to move the project people to the farms or the farms to the project.

Illegals have no problems finding their way. When people get hungry they'll find a way to get to work.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

How about maybe they get a job, and buy a car.
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:23 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

I have to disagree. Every small town I have been to has at least one government assisted living complex. The town I live in has 4 and the population here is around 900. Granted not all of these people can work but most of them are perfectly able. One year the government built 12 houses for “poor” people that owned their own land but had no house or if the house was run down it would be removed. I guess this stuff is acceptable in todays world.

If I was down on my luck and the only available job was feeding hogs, well I guess I’d walk to work and feed hogs every day.
2 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:53 pm

hurleyjd wrote:

My ancestors traveled on foot from Virginia to Central Tennessee in the early 1800's, to find a way.

Walkin ain't crowded.
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 am

You folks that expect someone to get off their sorry a $$ and walk to work are racist.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”