DUI, jail isn't a deterrent when your pickled.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

DUI, jail isn't a deterrent when your pickled.

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:47 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/15/fl ... s-say.html
A carefully placed bullet behind the ear......before this idiot kills someone.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: DUI, jail isn't a deterrent when your pickled.

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:46 am

Not so stupid of a move as most defense attorneys will advise you to do the exact same thing if you are intoxicated and stopped. Refuse a breath test and the prosecution has a harder time proving whether you became intoxicated before or after the stop. It won't stop you from being arrested and going to trial, but it is a defense to be raised.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 am

He's got a strong work ethic.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:17 am

slick4591 wrote:Not so stupid of a move as most defense attorneys will advise you to do the exact same thing if you are intoxicated and stopped. Refuse a breath test and the prosecution has a harder time proving whether you became intoxicated before or after the stop. It won't stop you from being arrested and going to trial, but it is a defense to be raised.

I've heard that said many times as well. I'm absolutely against driving and drinking or driving after drinking but in general, also believe it's never a good thing for a suspect to give the prosecution any help. The defense has it's job and the prosecution has theirs. Repeat offenders tho, I have absolutely no sympathy for.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:22 pm

slick4591 wrote:Not so stupid of a move as most defense attorneys will advise you to do the exact same thing if you are intoxicated and stopped. Refuse a breath test and the prosecution has a harder time proving whether you became intoxicated before or after the stop. It won't stop you from being arrested and going to trial, but it is a defense to be raised.

Probably work this day and age, honest judge, I got drunk after he pulled me over.. I was completely sober up till then..its that cops fault I'm here..
2 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:30 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:

Probably work this day and age, honest judge, I got drunk after he pulled me over.. I was completely sober up till then..its that cops fault I'm here..

Or he could get an ACLU attorney and he could claim he identified as a sober driver and no amount of science or common sense could prove otherwise and he could continue his life of sobriety.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:

Worked 25+ years ago on an intoxicated manslaughter charge. I was in the courtroom.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 pm

slick4591 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:

Worked 25+ years ago on an intoxicated manslaughter charge. I was in the courtroom.

It'll only be a matter of time before this drunk kills someone. Manslaughter my but, it's pre meditated murder plain and simple.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”