reverse osmosis water system for drinking

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: reverse osmosis water system for drinking

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 am

TexasBred wrote:
ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Filtered (purified) water - I am a strong advocate. Three things that I hold sacred in daily wellness:

1. Hydration - drink lots of water.
2. Metamucil - it is worth more than gold.
3. Purified water- particularly if one is on a chlorinated water source.

i like having a everyday smoothie consisting of a few items:

kale
spinach
gogi beeries
grapes
apple
maca powder
spirella
bee pollen

Bees make pollen???

Lol. Maybe a new species.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 pm

TexasBred wrote:
ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Filtered (purified) water - I am a strong advocate. Three things that I hold sacred in daily wellness:

1. Hydration - drink lots of water.
2. Metamucil - it is worth more than gold.
3. Purified water- particularly if one is on a chlorinated water source.

kale
spinach
gogi beeries
grapes
apple
maca powder
spirella
bee pollen

Bees make pollen???

sorry bro, next time i'll run it by you for grammEr / spelling check before submitting...

durrr
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

ddd75 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

kale
spinach
gogi beeries
grapes
apple
maca powder
spirella
bee pollen

Bees make pollen???

sorry bro, next time i'll run it by you for grammEr / spelling check before submitting...

durrr

Nothing to do with grammar or spelling.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:16 am

Gogi Berries.

Health food

Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) seed oil in a clear glass vial
Since the early 21st century, the dried fruit has been marketed in the Western world as a health food, amidst scientifically unsupported claims regarding such benefits.[12][14][16][20][21][22][self-published source] In the wake of those claims, dried and fresh goji berries were included in many snack foods and food supplements, such as granola bars,[23] yogurt, tea blends, fruit juices and juice concentrates, whole fruit purées, and dried pulp flour. There have been also commercial products of whole and ground wolfberry seeds, and seed oil.

Marketing controversies
Among the extreme claims used to market the product, often referred to as a "superfruit", is the unsupported story that a Chinese man named Li Qing Yuen, who was said to have consumed wolfberries daily, lived to the age of 256 years (1677–1933). This claim apparently originated in a 2003 booklet by Earl Mindell, who claimed also that goji had anti-cancer properties.[24] The booklet contained false and unverified claims.[6][12]

Such exaggerated claims about the health benefits of goji berry and derived products triggered strong reactions, including from government regulatory agencies. In 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) placed two goji juice distributors on notice with warning letters about unproven therapeutic benefits.[25][26] These statements were in violation of the United States Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act [21 USC/321 (g)(1)][27] because they "establish[ed] the product as a drug intended for use in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease" when wolfberries or juice have had no such scientific evaluation. Additionally stated by the FDA, the goji juice was "not generally recognized as safe and effective for the referenced conditions" and therefore must be treated as a "new drug" under Section 21(p) of the Act. New drugs may not be legally marketed in the United States without prior approval of the FDA.

In January 2007, marketing statements for a goji juice product were the subject of an investigative report by consumer advocacy program Marketplace produced by the Canadian television network, CBC.[6] In the interview, Earl Mindell (then working for direct-marketing company FreeLife International, Inc.) falsely claimed the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York had completed clinical studies showing that use of wolfberry juice would prevent 75% of human breast cancer cases.[6]

On May 29, 2009, a class action lawsuit was filed against FreeLife in the United States District Court of Arizona. This lawsuit alleged false claims, misrepresentations, false and deceptive advertising and other issues regarding FreeLife’s Himalayan Goji Juice, GoChi, and TaiSlim products. This lawsuit sought remedies for consumers who had purchased the products over years.[7][28] A settlement agreement was reached on April 28, 2010, where FreeLife took steps to ensure that its goji products were not marketed as "unheated" or "raw", and made a contribution to an educational organization.

As with many other novel "health" foods and supplements, the lack of clinical evidence and poor quality control in the manufacture of consumer products prevent goji from being clinically recommended or applied.[29]

Scientific research
Because of the numerous effects claimed by traditional medicine, there has been considerable basic research to investigate possible medicinal uses of substances contained in the fruit. The composition of the fruits, seeds, roots, and other parts have been analyzed in detail, and extracts are under study in vitro and in vivo.[29] However, no clinical effectiveness of such extracts has been confirmed as of 2018.[12][13][16]
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 pm

ddd75 wrote:Just picked one of these kits up. Pretty easy install. 3 filter + RO tank. I also have a whole house filter, and a electronic whole house one.

Before the RO system, water was great, but had sulfur taste.

Now its completely gone, excellent water. Really glad I made the purchase. It was only 140 and everything fits under the sink.

Had a huge RO Water treatment plant for the refinery water.
Two things that got my attention was nothing lived in the water and second you can’t swim in it. You will sink like a rock.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”