Could Be Coming to America

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Re: Could Be Coming to America

Postby sim.-ang.king » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Darryl, society has gradually moved left for ages. Interrupted by periods of adjustment. Expect the trend to continue. Gun control is coming, maybe not in the next 20 years but certainly in the next 50 years. That is an area where the country could experience some riots coming from the right. History has already recorded a reaction from the right regarding abortion interpretations. The other area is property rights. We saw that with the stand offs with land management agencies in the west over the last 40 years.

The difference you'll find is the right only resorts to violence when their rights, and liberty is being threaten. 1776 is a good example of that, when a bunch of armed soldiers tried to disarm a bunch of freedom loving men. Even in Charlottesville, the media failed to report that the antifa gang leaders were breaking the law by showing up to interfere, and intrude on the rights of the Neo-Nazi and KKK's protest. But the left-winger-nazi's were played out as the heroes.
The only time the left riots, and revolts is when rights, or liberties are not being threaten.

Not always. The Freeman movement in Montana considered themselves right wing as did everyone. They did not recognize the federal land agencies' mission in managing federal land. Many (right leaning hunters) were denied their right to hunt on federal land because the Freeman claimed it and ran them off.

The Federal government does not have the right to own land that was owned privately, or owned by the state. The Constitution only gives the federal government the right to own, and regulate land within a territory that is not privately owned. So in some places out west, even possibly Montana, some of the land was claimed, or deeded to private ownership before becoming a recognized territory of the US.For Utah to become a state, they had to give over some land to the federal government before they could become a state. That proves that the state owned it in the first place, and actually could have not given that land to the US and been legally sound.
If they could prove that they, or the state, had legal right to that land through ownership, than the federal government would be in the wrong. If they couldn't, then they would be in the wrong.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:The difference you'll find is the right only resorts to violence when their rights, and liberty is being threaten. 1776 is a good example of that, when a bunch of armed soldiers tried to disarm a bunch of freedom loving men. Even in Charlottesville, the media failed to report that the antifa gang leaders were breaking the law by showing up to interfere, and intrude on the rights of the Neo-Nazi and KKK's protest. But the left-winger-nazi's were played out as the heroes.
The only time the left riots, and revolts is when rights, or liberties are not being threaten.

Not always. The Freeman movement in Montana considered themselves right wing as did everyone. They did not recognize the federal land agencies' mission in managing federal land. Many (right leaning hunters) were denied their right to hunt on federal land because the Freeman claimed it and ran them off.

The Federal government does not have the right to own land that was owned privately, or owned by the state. The Constitution only gives the federal government the right to own, and regulate land within a territory that is not privately owned. So in some places out west, even possibly Montana, some of the land was claimed, or deeded to private ownership before becoming a recognized territory of the US.For Utah to become a state, they had to give over some land to the federal government before they could become a state. That proves that the state owned it in the first place, and actually could have not given that land to the US and been legally sound.
If they could prove that they, or the state, had legal right to that land through ownership, than the federal government would be in the wrong. If they couldn't, then they would be in the wrong.

Despite your intrepretation of Constitutional Law, that is not how it is working.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:19 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:The difference you'll find is the right only resorts to violence when their rights, and liberty is being threaten. 1776 is a good example of that, when a bunch of armed soldiers tried to disarm a bunch of freedom loving men. Even in Charlottesville, the media failed to report that the antifa gang leaders were breaking the law by showing up to interfere, and intrude on the rights of the Neo-Nazi and KKK's protest. But the left-winger-nazi's were played out as the heroes.

How dare you blame the federal government. Don't you know they have brainwashed minions that think they actually think the feds have our best interest at heart.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:45 pm

How dare you blame the federal government. Don't you know they have brainwashed minions that think they actually think the feds have our best interest at heart.

As well as the self perpetuating bureaucracy's self interest at heart.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Just a casual observation, but it seems whenever the right gets together there's never any problems until the left shows up. The same can't be said about the left as they apparently like destroying other peoples property when they get together.
4 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:15 pm

If no one complains this thread might not get locked.

Shhhhhhhh.....
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:35 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:If no one complains this thread might not get locked.

Shhhhhhhh.....

Wanna wager which side will whine and complain first?
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm

It would not be a stretch to see the Alt-Right or Alternative Right doing the same thing here that the far-right protesters are doing in Germany. The Alt-Right has loosely been defined as a grouping of white supremacists, neo-Nazis, neo-fascists, neo-Confederates, Holocaust deniers, and other far-right fringe hate groups. They are the ones involved in the Charlottesville 'Unite the Right' Rally.

I am sure mainstream Right does not claim them.
0 x
Diogenes.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Bright Raven wrote:It would not be a stretch to see the Alt-Right or Alternative Right doing the same thing here that the far-right protesters are doing in Germany. The Alt-Right has loosely been defined as a grouping of white supremacists, neo-Nazis, neo-fascists, neo-Confederates, Holocaust deniers, and other far-right fringe hate groups. They are the ones involved in the Charlottesville 'Unite the Right' Rally.

I am sure mainstream Right does not claim them.

We are not!
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Saw something very telling the other day and wish I had saved a screenshot to share here but it was an Antifa post but they had neglected to change the location stamp of where it was posted which was in Russia. I'm sure there are many countries besides Russia who post divisive things through social media channels to try and create unrest. I'm sure they throw gas on both sides but the Anitifa post was so blatant but I'm sure it upset those who aren't as observant.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 pm

You have a right to protest and act like a fool, you don't have a right to tear up other peoples things. In Charlottesville the goof balls were having a rally and the other goof balls started trouble, seems like it works that way fairly ofter. It's always the other goof balls that cause all the problems. Everyone that attends these protest - rallies need a gun and one bullet.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Darryl, society has gradually moved left for ages. Interrupted by periods of adjustment. Expect the trend to continue. Gun control is coming, maybe not in the next 20 years but certainly in the next 50 years.

Yes we have. My grandparents turned off the television when Sesame Street came on. "We aint watching that communism in this house." No tolerance. Both sets of grandparents. My little cousins couldn't watch at their house. These days we got people running around with muppet hair. Red, Green, Purple, blue etc. Their hair is just like the muppet's.

Gun control will never be effective when we can run down to Home Depot and buy seamless pipe to build a shotgun. You can get it done in about 45 minutes. Real quality takes about 4 hours. Then my mind goes to bigger pipe and cannons. I haven't seen it personally but it would not be hard to fab a cannon.

If you create a black market for firearms, it will be just like drugs are now. They won't go away. People will make money black smithing. Get the price right and people will do anything.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Darryl, society has gradually moved left for ages. Interrupted by periods of adjustment. Expect the trend to continue. Gun control is coming, maybe not in the next 20 years but certainly in the next 50 years.

Yes we have. My grandparents turned off the television when Sesame Street came on. "We aint watching that communism in this house." No tolerance. Both sets of grandparents. My little cousins couldn't watch at their house. These days we got people running around with muppet hair. Red, Green, Purple, blue etc. Their hair is just like the muppet's.

Gun control will never be effective when we can run down to Home Depot and buy seamless pipe to build a shotgun. You can get it done in about 45 minutes. Real quality takes about 4 hours. Then my mind goes to bigger pipe and cannons. I haven't seen it personally but it would not be hard to fab a cannon.

If you create a black market for firearms, it will be just like drugs are now. They won't go away. People will make money black smithing. Get the price right and people will do anything.

That is a great analogy about what was considered left media.

In the long term, the issues change but the flaws in humans endures.
0 x
Diogenes.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Here it is the Greens and so called animal welfare groups that are the most violant and destructive, they think they have a mandate to break the law and destroy property and trespass on property with the pretence of saving the world and the animals.

Ken
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Simply put, these extreme variances of polarity almost always come back to the same thought process; my desires and agenda are more important than anyone else's. Again, I mean the extremists from both sides, as multiple examples have been given. A sane, rational person is equally repulsed by a neo nazi as a Greenie. The art of compromise, discussion/debate is lost on both extremes. I do agree that the extreme left has a greater proclivity towards public violence.
5 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Return to “Coffee Shop”