Hey Slick4591-Cowboys Needed

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Hey Slick4591-Cowboys Needed

Postby Texasmark » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 am

Hey slick4591,

Have a new neighbor, been going on 3 years now that has a bunch of bovines, 8 mamas, 1 daddy, half a dozen or so sprouts that need some working. He has a corral and getting them up isn't a problem. Doesn't have a commercially built squeeze chute but has a containment area as part of the corral.

You know of any cowboys that currently have their shingle out and need some work? He is looking for Friday or Sunday workers since that's the only time he's available. Wants to vaccinate the calves and maybe do a couple of nub dehorns. Don't need horses as he gets them up easily himself. Pays good.

Thanks,
Mark
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hey Slick4591-Cowboys Needed

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:01 am

Silly me, I thought you'd been watching Dallas this preseason.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:34 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Silly me, I thought you'd been watching Dallas this preseason.

No but have been by there numerous times, not all that far from me.......JR & Co. are the exception, not the rule around here....but there are a few "mansions and spreads".....course there isn't much "spread" to JRs place. Urbania has him boxed in.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:57 am

I know a few but Fridays are probably not good since they already have jobs. Send me pay, how many, location, etc.. and I'll throw a couple of feelers out. And the way I hear it that football team could use a few, also.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am

Tell him to inquire at the local sale barn. They usually know someone.
0 x

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:57 am

Wish it was closer. Could use some weekend work
0 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks for the replies. Local feed store belongs to a BTO so they have fabulous resources to support customer's needs, and theirs....probably the reason for opening it in the first place, besides the fact that the town of 1700 didn't have one and lots of ag. in the area. Proved it again this AM. Called and asked. Got a phone no. Called and got a super response. Done deal.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Is that store Bear Creek at Leonard?
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Don't sound like much to work, maybe they could drag it out over a weekend...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Don't sound like much to work, maybe they could drag it out over a weekend...

It has to be day pay and not by the hour.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Well I figured that, but good hands on no more head than that, won't take but an hour...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Texasmark wrote:Hey slick4591,

Have a new neighbor, been going on 3 years now that has a bunch of bovines, 8 mamas, 1 daddy, half a dozen or so sprouts that need some working. He has a corral and getting them up isn't a problem. Doesn't have a commercially built squeeze chute but has a containment area as part of the corral.

You know of any cowboys that currently have their shingle out and need some work? He is looking for Friday or Sunday workers since that's the only time he's available. Wants to vaccinate the calves and maybe do a couple of nub dehorns. Don't need horses as he gets them up easily himself. Pays good.

Thanks,
Mark

Yeah sounds like a good squeeze chute and some cattle panels would pay for their self. Just sayin
0 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:28 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:Well I figured that, but good hands on no more head than that, won't take but an hour...
They did quote by the day, didn't say how many hours that would require. But that's ok. Job will get done, owner won't get hurt, cowboys will have done their job for which they were hired much better than the owner possibly could....since he is new to farming/ranching.

Besides that he is going to need transportation to the sale next spring-early summer and these same guys have the equipment and expertise to get that job done for him too without him or any of his animals running off or anybody-thing getting hurt.....win-win.
1 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 am

quartermeter wrote:
Texasmark wrote:Hey slick4591,

Thanks,
Mark

Yeah sounds like a good squeeze chute and some cattle panels would pay for their self. Just sayin

We built the pen last year and acclimated the cows to it....feed cubes inside. They round themselves up and stand there rolling their eyes at you waiting for their handout. Has a loading chute and working area.
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”