CBS CEO FIRED for sexual misconduct that possibly happened 20 years ago

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: CBS CEO FIRED for sexual misconduct that possibly happened 20 years ago

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am

bball wrote:Then when he grabs her by the head and places himself in her oral cavity, doesn't she have few options? I don't know a man alive who would put himself somewhere there was a significant chance all of him wasn't coming back out. That's what I don't get. I completely understand forcible vaginal entry. I do not understand forcible oral entry.(sans knife, gunpoint, etc) Few things make a man more vulnerable than that specific act.

20+ years ago, the legal system was a lot different. A woman does something like that and she's liable to end up behind bars. As you were saying, proving rape with no physical indicators, visual evidence (pictures or video), audio evidence such as a recording, or past performances NOT on record, makes a situation like that difficult to prove, and more like a lover scorned. "I told her this was the last time and then she did this!" type of a deal. There's a lot of desperate folks out there needing to keep their jobs. Also, it's very easy to sit here and say I'd never get myself in that type of situation, but it's easier said than done, and if you've never been backed into a corner you don't really know how you'd react.
Last edited by Bestoutwest on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:oh course its sketchy..

She was fine and dandy with it for 20 years.

now its a problem....

White people in power.. watch out... They are looking through yearbooks.. old social media posts.. forum posts.. ANYTHING they can find to take them out.

Check out the braves pitcher.. they got him on 1 bad tweet he made when he was like 16 and they are trying to burn him at the stake..

we are human, we are not perfect. we can't treat each other like perfection is the only thing acceptable. Of course, this only pertains to white people.

What goes around, comes around.

Maybe it's our turn in the barrel.

What you are saying is that the pendulum is swinging the other way. Probably true. At one time white folks dished it out to black folks. Maybe it is our turn in the barrel.

There's. Seems to be a lot of folks that are ashamed of being white American,that must feel the same way..

You are saying " There are a lot of folks that are ashamed of being white American...."

I haven't made that observation. Maybe a very few but certainly not "a lot". I see the opposite. SOME Americans of African decent are self-conscious of being held as inferior. I think that is the result of centuries of being considered by the rest of the world as a lower class or race. It does not take a psychologist to understand that Africans of all nationalities are going to be race-conscious.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 am

Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:oh course its sketchy..

She was fine and dandy with it for 20 years.

now its a problem....

White people in power.. watch out... They are looking through yearbooks.. old social media posts.. forum posts.. ANYTHING they can find to take them out.

Check out the braves pitcher.. they got him on 1 bad tweet he made when he was like 16 and they are trying to burn him at the stake..

we are human, we are not perfect. we can't treat each other like perfection is the only thing acceptable. Of course, this only pertains to white people.

What you are saying is that the pendulum is swinging the other way. Probably true. At one time white folks dished it out to black folks. Maybe it is our turn in the barrel.

our turn in the barrel huh?

maybe you should open up those eyes a little bit and see the real world.

Go take a look TODAY and Africa's slavery is a all time historic high. Maybe they should turn on themselves? Maybe go look at some other countries.. africa included.. like china, brazil, etc.. for the HUGE child slavery industry in full effect to get the battery components for your high end phones.. *DOUBLE STANDARDS THOUGH*.. WHITES AREN"T DOING THIS.

How many white lives died in freeing the slaves in AMERICA? How many white lives have been lost protecting and freeing other countries?

yea.. our turn in the barrel..... yea...
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:54 am

ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Go take a look TODAY and Africa's slavery is a all time historic high. Maybe they should turn on themselves? Maybe go look at some other countries.. africa included.. like china, brazil, etc.. for the HUGE child slavery industry in full effect to get the battery components for your high end phones.. *DOUBLE STANDARDS THOUGH*.. WHITES AREN"T DOING THIS.

How many white lives died in freeing the slaves in AMERICA? How many white lives have been lost protecting and freeing other countries?

Humans are cruel, morally lacking animals. Those traits are not limited to one race.
1 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:17 am

Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Humans are cruel, morally lacking animals. Those traits are not limited to one race.

Tough questions to answer? You can bet if it was the other way around we'd be treated like the losers in Africa. The places in this country that represent Africa are proof enough to me.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:16 am

ddd75 wrote:

Not nearly as many as died trying to ensure that slavery continued in AMERICA. The primary "State Right" most were fighting for was their right to own slaves. Learn it.
3 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:12 am

ddd75 wrote:our turn in the barrel huh?

This seems anecdotal to me. Is it at an "all time high" because there are more people on the planet than ever before? Is it being reported better b/c people have better access to multiple outlets that allow for a globalized dissemination of information? What's the percentage? I think that's going to be a better barometer than going on a number. Here's why: You can say that there are more Americans living in poverty today than ever before. Well, there are more Americans LIVING than ever before. However, if the percentage of those living in poverty today is only, arbitrarily, 8% and it was 12% in 1935, then the point it moot. So, please cite your sources on claims like this, and not any wacky right wing conspiracy news organization either. I need at least 3 or 4, with some mainstream prominence to consider it factual.
2 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 am

per 1000 or per 10,000 or per 100,000 is a more fair barometer.
3 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:35 pm

0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 pm

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
~O. Wilde (and Frank Underwood)
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm

"Equal rights for others does not mean less rights for you. It's not pie."
Also:
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression." I myself have done some soul-searching on that one. Be open-hearted, intellectually curious and see if it doesn't have even just a bit of truth for you...
2 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:51 am

sure boondocks.. keeping drinking that media coolaide.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:25 am

ddd75 wrote:sure boondocks.. keeping drinking that media coolaide.

My good neighbor, you accuse someone else of drinking The Kool-aid? You drink tons of it and it always seems to be black or white. ;-)
1 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:38 am

Bright Raven wrote:

My good neighbor, you accuse someone else of drinking The Kool-aid? You drink tons of it and it always seems to be black or white. ;-)

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be....unless you're guilty or a lawyer?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 am

Bright Raven wrote:

I live in the real world, where I know everything is NOT equal. We are not equal people, we have different skills, attitudes, work ethics, etc. To hold everyone as an equal is a disgrace.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”