CBS CEO FIRED for sexual misconduct that possibly happened 20 years ago

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: CBS CEO FIRED for sexual misconduct that possibly happened 20 years ago

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 am

ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:sure boondocks.. keeping drinking that media coolaide.

My good neighbor, you accuse someone else of drinking The Kool-aid? You drink tons of it and it always seems to be black or white. ;-)

I live in the real world, where I know everything is NOT equal. We are not equal people, we have different skills, attitudes, work ethics, etc. To hold everyone as an equal is a disgrace.

I think you are on to something there!!! No, everyone is not equal and never have been.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:45 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:sure boondocks.. keeping drinking that media coolaide.

My good neighbor, you accuse someone else of drinking The Kool-aid? You drink tons of it and it always seems to be black or white. ;-)

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be....unless you're guilty or a lawyer?

I don't think you caught that one.
0 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be....unless you're guilty or a lawyer?

I don't think you caught that one.

Your right.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:18 am

Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

I live in the real world, where I know everything is NOT equal. We are not equal people, we have different skills, attitudes, work ethics, etc. To hold everyone as an equal is a disgrace.

I think you are on to something there!!! No, everyone is not equal and never have been.

We hold these truths.......all men are created equal...
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:23 am

bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

Tell that to little Johnny who spent 4 years in the 5th grade while the rest of his classmates were in high school.
1 x
Diogenes.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:30 am

bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

You left out the operative part.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It doesn't say anywhere, that anyone is guaranteed happiness, (or success or anything else) just the freedom to pursue it.
Last edited by greybeard on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:37 am

So you believe all men are not created with the the same value and worth? Or at the very least the same political equals?
0 x
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:43 am

bball wrote:So you believe all men are not created with the the same value and worth?

I believe each is created equally except those with mental or physical defects.
Or at the very least the same political equals?

Are the 'usual suspects' trying once again to get a thread locked?
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 am

greybeard wrote:
bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It doesn't say anywhere, that anyone is guaranteed happiness, (or success or anything else) just the freedom to pursue it.

I said exactly what I meant. T.J. knew exactly what he was writing when he wrote that all men were created equal. The pursuit of happiness was never a question in this topic and is part of ONE of the self evident truths(endowed with certain unalienable rights). All men are created equal is also another self evident truth held by our founders. The two truths are independent of one another. 2 separate truths.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:47 am

greybeard wrote:
bball wrote:So you believe all men are not created with the the same value and worth?

I believe each is created equally except those with mental or physical defects.
Or at the very least the same political equals?

Are the 'usual suspects' trying once again to get a thread locked?

If you're referring to me as a usual suspect that enjoys getting threads locked, that's unfortunate because that is never my intention.

The term political is meant to say that no man is meant to rule over other men, as say a king or dictator for example.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am

bball wrote:
greybeard wrote:
bball wrote:

I said exactly what I meant. T.J. knew exactly what he was writing when he wrote that all men were created equal. The pursuit of happiness was never a question in this topic and is part of ONE of the self evident truths(endowed with certain unalienable rights). All men are created equal is also another self evident truth held by our founders. The two truths are independent of one another. 2 separate truths.

Most want to focus on the first few words because they 'feel' good. In the real world, it is that 'pursuit' part that most often comes in to play. Job opportunities, social stature, financial security, ability to provide for themselves and their families...all the things that we as Americans have come to equate with 'happiness'. There are very very few destitute and poverty ridden people in this country or the world that are completely happy with their lives just by knowing they were 'created equal'.
If you don't believe it, ask 'em.
0 x

Covet Not!

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 am

Or, some folks focus on the those words because they were listed FIRST, by our founding fathers, amongst the universal truths they chose to list. Nothing to do with 'feelings', just undeniable truth. The foundation for everything that follows.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:23 am

bball wrote:We hold these truths.......all men are created equal...

In the eyes of the law, allegedly. Here are some other examples where we are not:
1) Donald Trump was given a loan of $1M by his father to start his business. My family does not have that kind of money.
2) My son has a November birthday, meaning he is already behind those in his grade. He was skipped a grade and is in G&T. His friends are not as gifted, and are falling behind academically.
3) Shaquille O'Neal is 7'1". I am 5'10". I cannot dunk a basketball, while he barely has to jump.
4) My surgeon went to MIT and Harvard. Some people barely graduate the 8th grade.

However, if everyone was as rich as Donald Trump, or as bright as my surgeon, we'd still have the problems we have today b/c people are still animals, and will create "classes" based on other qualifications.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 am

greybeard wrote: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are [i]Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.[/i]

Does this mean no one can take your life, including the government? Does it mean that health care is a right? I think we're about to have this argument if the election goes blue this fall.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
bball wrote:We hold these truths.......all men are created equal...

In the eyes of the law, allegedly. Here are some other examples where we are not:
1) Donald Trump was given a loan of $1M by his father to start his business. My family does not have that kind of money.
2) My son has a November birthday, meaning he is already behind those in his grade. He was skipped a grade and is in G&T. His friends are not as gifted, and are falling behind academically.
3) Shaquille O'Neal is 7'1". I am 5'10". I cannot dunk a basketball, while he barely has to jump.
4) My surgeon went to MIT and Harvard. Some people barely graduate the 8th grade.

However, if everyone was as rich as Donald Trump, or as bright as my surgeon, we'd still have the problems we have today b/c people are still animals, and will create "classes" based on other qualifications.

So you believe you have less value or worth as a man in our society than DT, Shaq or a surgeon? Perhaps you're taller than your surgeon, smarter than Shaq or DT. How does one measure worth? Were Helen Keller or Stephen Hawking some how less than any man who could walk or see? I would say not. We all have limitations, but are all created equal. Some rise, some sink, some just float along. In this country, where our Declaration of Independence screams we are equals, most peoples greatest obstacle to finding happiness is themselves.
2 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”