Hurricane Florence

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
alisonb
GURU
GURU

Hurricane Florence

Postby alisonb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 am

Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:34 am

alisonb wrote:Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?

I will get high winds and flooding expect 30+" of rain... Most Virginia and North Carolina members will get some effects
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 am

Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.

That invest is going to TX . mainly rain for them .

we will be dry the next 7 days with only a few spotty showers .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 am

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.

That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:

That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.

cut hay instead, Here is your window of opportunity.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 am

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:

cut hay instead, Here is your window of opportunity.

My next hay cutting will be my last and I'd like to get it done when the grass goes dormant. I'm going to no-till ryegrass and clover right after I finish baling.
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:45 am

We are looking at anywhere from 5-15 inches of rain, winds from 35 to 75 all according to how it hits and if it stalls. Nothing like the areas nearer or on the coast but quite significant for this area. It is perfectly calm and still yesterday and today, like the "calm before the storm" saying goes. Kind of erie feeling.
3 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 am

[quote="True Grit Farms
That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.[/quote]

Same here
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 am

alisonb wrote:Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?

Pray for them as all a hurricane brings is death and destruction.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Postby houstoncutter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 am

Sadly will get to hear about idiots that waited to the last moment to evacuate. I do wish first responders didn’t have to rescue these idiots. It would be a step forward in evolution to help rid the gene pool of fools!
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 am

I have to admit, I'd be tempted to be one of the last ones to evacuate. I love to watch a storm roll in.
1 x

Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:43 am

Louisburg, NC? If so that is only a few miles from me. We are prepping, preparing for the worst. I really, really hate these storms!
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 am

I have an uncle in NC. His wife has some "issues" where she doesn't like to leave the house and what not. Every one is waiting to see what they do.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:[quote="True Grit Farms

Same here[/quote]
Might just head to town and get some seed and hook the drill up too....maybe they can steer Isaaic up this way and give me a shower. Still cloudy and drizzly but not much accumulation. Kinda the weather army worms like.
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Return to “Coffee Shop”