Hurricane Florence

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4554
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Hurricane Florence

Postby alisonb » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 am

Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19156
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:34 am

alisonb wrote:Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?


I will get high winds and flooding expect 30+" of rain... Most Virginia and North Carolina members will get some effects
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7430
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 am

Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby M-5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.


That invest is going to TX . mainly rain for them .

we will be dry the next 7 days with only a few spotty showers .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7430
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 am

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.


That invest is going to TX . mainly rain for them .

we will be dry the next 7 days with only a few spotty showers .

That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6913
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby M-5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Looks like another depression forming in the Gulf of Mexico also.
What ever happened to the scientists BS that the dust storms and smoke from the fires caused the air and water to cool. And supposedly that's the reason the tropics weren't very active earlier. These climate change scientists are nothing but a bunch of liars looking for job protection at the taxpayers expense.


That invest is going to TX . mainly rain for them .

we will be dry the next 7 days with only a few spotty showers .

That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.


cut hay instead, Here is your window of opportunity.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7430
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 am

M-5 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
That invest is going to TX . mainly rain for them .

we will be dry the next 7 days with only a few spotty showers .

That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.


cut hay instead, Here is your window of opportunity.

My next hay cutting will be my last and I'd like to get it done when the grass goes dormant. I'm going to no-till ryegrass and clover right after I finish baling.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
farmerjan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1947
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Shenandoah ValleyVirginia

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby farmerjan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:45 am

We are looking at anywhere from 5-15 inches of rain, winds from 35 to 75 all according to how it hits and if it stalls. Nothing like the areas nearer or on the coast but quite significant for this area. It is perfectly calm and still yesterday and today, like the "calm before the storm" saying goes. Kind of erie feeling.
3 x

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19156
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 am

[quote="True Grit Farms
That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.[/quote]

Same here
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22746
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 am

alisonb wrote:Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?



Pray for them as all a hurricane brings is death and destruction.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

User avatar
houstoncutter
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: S.E. Texas

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby houstoncutter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 am

Sadly will get to hear about idiots that waited to the last moment to evacuate. I do wish first responders didn’t have to rescue these idiots. It would be a step forward in evolution to help rid the gene pool of fools!
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: SW Michigan

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 am

I have to admit, I'd be tempted to be one of the last ones to evacuate. I love to watch a storm roll in.
1 x

User avatar
Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Granville County NC

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:43 am

alisonb wrote:Have a good friend in Louisburg busy prepping for the worst. Which of you folks on CT may be affected?


Louisburg, NC? If so that is only a few miles from me. We are prepping, preparing for the worst. I really, really hate these storms!
0 x

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7400
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 am

I have an uncle in NC. His wife has some "issues" where she doesn't like to leave the house and what not. Every one is waiting to see what they do.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8453
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby 1982vett » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:[quote="True Grit Farms
That figures, I have a 160 bu of oats that need planting and the ground is worked up and ready to plant.


Same here[/quote]
Might just head to town and get some seed and hook the drill up too....maybe they can steer Isaaic up this way and give me a shower. Still cloudy and drizzly but not much accumulation. Kinda the weather army worms like.
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: herofan and 9 guests