Hurricane Florence

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Hurricane Florence

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:First hurricane Florence deaths were reported in North Carolina.
A woman and infant were killed when a tree fell on their house and a 3rd person was reported to have died plugging
in a generator.

Yes, I just read about that, a little while ago. :( At the same time, pictures & video footage of people on rooftops, and rescues going on, in Wilmington NC, where *mandatory* evacuations began a few days ago :roll: . I am very saddened to hear of the loss of life, I'm sure there will be more deaths, this thing has just begun. It is crazy, to me, that so many people will not it seriously when being told to LEAVE. There were some folks planning on holing up in a bar for the duration, for a several day hurricane party. Fools. :frowns:

The group living in the stupid bubble is nothing new.
1 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Not to belittle the power and destructive force of hurricanes. But Fox News just had a reporter on the beach at Myrtle Beach SC. I have dug clams lots of days on the beach on the Washington coast when the wind and the waves were much worse than they were where that reporter was.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 pm

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:56 pm

greybeard wrote:And the looters never sleep.

https://abc11.com/looters-raid-family-d ... n/4254666/

Hurricane season and looters season needs to start at the same time. Looters are a real poc.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
greybeard wrote:And the looters never sleep.

https://abc11.com/looters-raid-family-d ... n/4254666/

Hurricane season and looters season needs to start at the same time. Looters are a real poc.

One of the lowest forms of life in my book. Like amoeba. I believe in karma. They will get theirs. Be it sooner. Or later.
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 am

Hurricane Florence death toll has reached 17,.. 11 in North Carolina and 6 in South Carolina.

2 infants, 3 months and 7 months old each killed in separate tree falling on their house incidents.
Two 60 year olds died of carbon monoxide poisoning from using a generator.
An 81 yr old man died Friday when he fell and struck his head while packing to evacuate.
A 77 yr old man found dead is believed to have died from a fall when he went outside and the wind blew him down.
68 yr old man was electrocuted connecting 2 extension cords outside in the rain.
A husband and wife died in a house fire.
A 61 yr old woman was killed when she struck a tree while driving.
A guy drove into standing water and drowned, and a couple of others died in flash flooding on a roadway.
All a shame but overall not as bad as I expected.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”