Fortunate Son

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Fortunate Son

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 am

There is a Credence Clearwater Revival retribution band called Fortunate Son. I bought 13 tickets to take the wife for her birthday and her family and best friend, Saturday night. It was an awesome show. Especially appreciated was acknowledgement of veterans, gratitude for their service, and the ovation of the crowd there. Later they asked all first responders to stand and be acknowledged.

The band is out of California and they do tours with smaller concerts. If you get a chance to see their show, you'd be pleased.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Txpiney
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Fortunate Son

Postby Txpiney » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 am

Is John Fogerty performing with them? I saw him at the Houston Livestock Show about 2006 or 7 and really enjoyed it.
1 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 am

No. Fogerty is not in the band. This is a retribution band I have never seen Forgerty live . That would be a pleasure
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:50 am

I think you mean they are a Tribute band.
A tribute is somewhat desirable to receive..., retribution not so much.
5 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am

greybeard wrote:I think you mean they are a Tribute band.
A tribute is somewhat desirable to receive..., retribution not so much.

Thank you
1 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:39 pm

I’ll keep that in mind. I really like CCR. Going to concerts is one of my favorite recreation activities, although I don’t attend as many as I once did. I guess it shows my age, most of my favorites are retired or dead
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:46 pm

herofan wrote:I’ll keep that in mind. I really like CCR. Going to concerts is one of my favorite recreation activities, although I don’t attend as many as I once did. I guess it shows my age, most of my favorites are retired or dead

I went to one Friday night. Third one I’ve been to in the last 37 years. Second time I’ve seen them. (The other time I went to see Jennifer Nettles) Local band named Maples Crown. High school age to 25 years old. They sing covers of 70s and 80s rock and southern rock and rarely 90s. Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Aerosmith, Journey and everything in between. First cousin is bass guitarist. They are all very talented. But I only go to support family. Older I get the less and less I like crowds.
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
herofan wrote:I’ll keep that in mind. I really like CCR. Going to concerts is one of my favorite recreation activities, although I don’t attend as many as I once did. I guess it shows my age, most of my favorites are retired or dead

I went to one Friday night. Third one I’ve been to in the last 37 years. Second time I’ve seen them. (The other time I went to see Jennifer Nettles) Local band named Maples Crown. High school age to 25 years old. They sing covers of 70s and 80s rock and southern rock and rarely 90s. Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Aerosmith, Journey and everything in between. First cousin is bass guitarist. They are all very talented. But I only go to support family. Older I get the less and less I like crowds.

You've attended 2 more than I have in my life.
1969.....Steppenwolf.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:48 pm

greybeard wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

1969.....Steppenwolf.
that was probably enough to do you....went to see Alice Coopers ""welcome to my nightmare""as a teen with some friends...took a lot of the hag. to get that one outa my head.. :cowboy:
2 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:18 pm

greybeard wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

1969.....Steppenwolf.

Live music is my thing. Since 1990, I’ve been to 31 concerts. Among the acts I’ve seen are Hank Jr., George Jones, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell, Oak Ridge Boys, Gatlin Brothers, and Don Williams.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

We'll be going to see John Anderson next month and Clint Black in November. Roy Clark was the best entertainer that I've ever seen, and Alan Jackson is the best singer.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm

I have CCR's greatest hits CD as one of my favorites in my vehicle.

Best songs of CCR Full Album - The Very best CCR Greatest Hits Full Playlist---1 Hour and 13 minutes of great songs.................You can skip through a pick favorites.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WxJOySj5z4

Last edited by jltrent on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 pm

herofan wrote:
greybeard wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

1969.....Steppenwolf.

Live music is my thing. Since 1990, I’ve been to 31 concerts. Among the acts I’ve seen are Hank Jr., George Jones, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell, Oak Ridge Boys, Gatlin Brothers, and Don Williams.

Oak ridge boys keep on clucking..though they look like their just shy of assisted living...
3 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Return to “Coffee Shop”