Tornadoes galore

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Tornadoes galore

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

8 tornadoes around me today so far its been a crazy day

https://www.wric.com/news/video-possibl ... 1454308943
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Tornadoes galore

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 pm

1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:49 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:8 tornadoes around me today so far its been a crazy day

https://www.wric.com/news/video-possibl ... 1454308943

Welcome to the world of hurricanes.
1 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Stay safe.

Here is a picture of friend's place. I don't think they'll be cutting any hay for a while.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Its been a doozy of a storm. Last count, I believe, was 16 dead thus far. My heart goes out to all those who are adversely affected.

Sky, apparently 1 person died from damage from one of those tornados. Supposedly the Dominion Power building collapsed as a result of the tornado, and that was when the person was killed.

:( :(

We're still getting rain, and more rain and then a little bit more rain, from the outer bands of that byatch, Florence.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:Its been a doozy of a storm. Last count, I believe, was 16 dead thus far. My heart goes out to all those who are adversely affected.

Sky, apparently 1 person died from damage from one of those tornados. Supposedly the Dominion Power building collapsed as a result of the tornado, and that was when the person was killed.

We're still getting rain, and more rain and then a little bit more rain, from the outer bands of that byatch, Florence.

I never understood someone wishing for pain and suffering for people. That’s what they are doing wishing for a hurricane.
Watch the water as it gets the most fatalities in a hurricane.
2 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:Its been a doozy of a storm. Last count, I believe, was 16 dead thus far. My heart goes out to all those who are adversely affected.

I never understood someone wishing for pain and suffering for people. That’s what they are doing wishing for a hurricane.
Watch the water as it gets the most fatalities in a hurricane.

Other than the tornado, and 1 person having a heart attack, as far as I know, it has been the water that caused the deaths. It usually is the water.

Back at the end of May, when we had that unexpected drenching, 3 people died in that little number. Cause of death??? The 1st two people tried to drive through rushing water, the car got washed down aways, they got out of the car, and each drowned as a result. The 3rd death, person was washed down a river, unable to be reached during a water rescue (the had been at a river).
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm

It's rough we will be working most of the night
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 pm

0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 am

Bought the cheap wiper blades huh?
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 am

Yea its been a mess all I done is move trees out roads so far
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am

Sky, it has been nothing here like what you have had but my son has been on VDOT the last 2 nights cleaning up from some downed trees and washouts and such, as well as others in that residency working days. Some minor mud into roads and such. I heard about some tornado watches and such didn't know it was that close to you. Stay safe.
Our rain should end here by noon today then 3 days of sun and drying. I cannot imagine what it will be like down in the carolinas to try to get back to normal.
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 am

The scary part of hurricanes is the tornadoes it spawns. My heart breaks for the folks in these flooded areas. It is going to teakettle a long time to find normal after this storm.

Gizmom
3 x
Respect give it to get it!

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am

skyhightree1 wrote:It's rough we will be working most of the night

Probably have to buy a dump truck to go to the bank. :D
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm

farmerjan wrote:Sky, it has been nothing here like what you have had but my son has been on VDOT the last 2 nights cleaning up from some downed trees and washouts and such, as well as others in that residency working days. Some minor mud into roads and such. I heard about some tornado watches and such didn't know it was that close to you. Stay safe.
Our rain should end here by noon today then 3 days of sun and drying. I cannot imagine what it will be like down in the carolinas to try to get back to normal.

Yea been pretty rough I will post a few pics yall stay safe too we had a total of 16 tornadoes they said
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”