Bad cops.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7450
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Bad cops.

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/18/la ... oting.html
In this day and age with all the distrust towards law enforcement officers, and the quality of recording equipment, this needs to be addressed. I feel the cops are guilty and it's pre mediated to boot.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4743
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Bad cops.

Postby callmefence » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 am

what they should do is just shoot when they start running instead of running after them.
3 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 am

callmefence wrote:what they should do is just shoot when they start running instead of running after them.


Black cop. Black suspect. Gotta have a way to spin it to make headlines. I’m with fence. Shouldn’t have ran. Start popping them as soon as the strike out on foot. I’m sure my opinion won’t be too popular but there’s very little respect for authority of any form anymore. Gonna have to get their attention somehow. If that means bullets so be it.

Funny that I’ve never been shot at or shot or choked or beaten by the law..... guess I’ve just been lucky. Or maybe it’s because I respect authority. :???:
2 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19169
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Bad cops.

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:45 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
callmefence wrote:what they should do is just shoot when they start running instead of running after them.


Black cop. Black suspect. Gotta have a way to spin it to make headlines. I’m with fence. Shouldn’t have ran. Start popping them as soon as the strike out on foot. I’m sure my opinion won’t be too popular but there’s very little respect for authority of any form anymore. Gonna have to get their attention somehow. If that means bullets so be it.

Funny that I’ve never been shot at or shot or choked or beaten by the law..... guess I’ve just been lucky. Or maybe it’s because I respect authority. :???:


I in no way shape or form agree with running... but you have to give respect to get it... There is a lot of folks that haven't been abused by the law and there is a lot that have. Lucky ... Maybe ??? Over history there has been many folks who have been respectful that have been abused... Unfortunately respectful is not a shield from being abused. It's easy to say be respectful and you won't get abused but not realistic.
6 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24054
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Everyone knows you gotta run and make it look good if you want to get paid by the producers of these reality cop TV shows. These things aren't staged so you don't know if you are on film or not so you gotta assume you are on camera and go for the gold.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16880
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Bad cops.

Postby greybeard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm

These things aren't staged so you don't know if you are on film or not so you gotta assume you are on camera and go for the gold.


Butt don't get confused...easy to do.
Gold and lead are both soft, heavy, naturally occurring, metallic elements.........
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
callmefence wrote:what they should do is just shoot when they start running instead of running after them.


Black cop. Black suspect. Gotta have a way to spin it to make headlines. I’m with fence. Shouldn’t have ran. Start popping them as soon as the strike out on foot. I’m sure my opinion won’t be too popular but there’s very little respect for authority of any form anymore. Gonna have to get their attention somehow. If that means bullets so be it.

Funny that I’ve never been shot at or shot or choked or beaten by the law..... guess I’ve just been lucky. Or maybe it’s because I respect authority. :???:


I in no way shape or form agree with running... but you have to give respect to get it... There is a lot of folks that haven't been abused by the law and there is a lot that have. Lucky ... Maybe ??? Over history there has been many folks who have been respectful that have been abused... Unfortunately respectful is not a shield from being abused. It's easy to say be respectful and you won't get abused but not realistic.


I will concede that you’re right about that Sky. You do have to give respect to get respect. There are plenty of cops that abuse their authority and are rude and disrespectful. And most around here that act like that are as white as me.

However, with that being said. Respectful or disrespectful the LEO is still THE AUTHORITY. Whether you’re right or wrong, do what the officer tells you to do. On the street is not the time or place to resist, argue, or run. Gotta tame the tongue and try to settle issues in a courtroom. The outcome on the street is too often not favorable for the citizen and many times it ends with actions that can’t be taken back and/or in an unnecessary death.
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19169
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Bad cops.

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:10 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Black cop. Black suspect. Gotta have a way to spin it to make headlines. I’m with fence. Shouldn’t have ran. Start popping them as soon as the strike out on foot. I’m sure my opinion won’t be too popular but there’s very little respect for authority of any form anymore. Gonna have to get their attention somehow. If that means bullets so be it.

Funny that I’ve never been shot at or shot or choked or beaten by the law..... guess I’ve just been lucky. Or maybe it’s because I respect authority. :???:


I in no way shape or form agree with running... but you have to give respect to get it... There is a lot of folks that haven't been abused by the law and there is a lot that have. Lucky ... Maybe ??? Over history there has been many folks who have been respectful that have been abused... Unfortunately respectful is not a shield from being abused. It's easy to say be respectful and you won't get abused but not realistic.


I will concede that you’re right about that Sky. You do have to give respect to get respect. There are plenty of cops that abuse their authority and are rude and disrespectful. And most around here that act like that are as white as me.

However, with that being said. Respectful or disrespectful the LEO is still THE AUTHORITY. Whether you’re right or wrong, do what the officer tells you to do. On the street is not the time or place to resist, argue, or run. Gotta tame the tongue and try to settle issues in a courtroom. The outcome on the street is too often not favorable for the citizen and many times it ends with actions that can’t be taken back and/or in an unnecessary death.


I agree however I think what most folks are seeing now is no matter when its settle it favors most LEO due to media only focusing on things that make people mad and afraid. I don't know how much youtube you watch but there is people who do law enforcement audits all day everyday being funded by everyday people its their career. BTW there is good and bad cops in every shade of color..
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
I in no way shape or form agree with running... but you have to give respect to get it... There is a lot of folks that haven't been abused by the law and there is a lot that have. Lucky ... Maybe ??? Over history there has been many folks who have been respectful that have been abused... Unfortunately respectful is not a shield from being abused. It's easy to say be respectful and you won't get abused but not realistic.


I will concede that you’re right about that Sky. You do have to give respect to get respect. There are plenty of cops that abuse their authority and are rude and disrespectful. And most around here that act like that are as white as me.

However, with that being said. Respectful or disrespectful the LEO is still THE AUTHORITY. Whether you’re right or wrong, do what the officer tells you to do. On the street is not the time or place to resist, argue, or run. Gotta tame the tongue and try to settle issues in a courtroom. The outcome on the street is too often not favorable for the citizen and many times it ends with actions that can’t be taken back and/or in an unnecessary death.


I agree however I think what most folks are seeing now is no matter when its settle it favors most LEO due to media only focusing on things that make people mad and afraid. I don't know how much youtube you watch but there is people who do law enforcement audits all day everyday being funded by everyday people its their career. BTW there is good and bad cops in every shade of color..


I will check out some of the YouTube videos. I bet that’s pretty interesting and insightful. And I agree they come in all shades. As does most everything I guess. One thing I’m dang near certain of though. I see it getting worse before it gets better. Hope I’m wrong but society in general has become so permissive and tolerant of just about anything. A few things for the good. Most for the bad. With the population density in your neck of the woods I can only imagine. Probably the same as here just maybe on a larger scale. :tiphat:
1 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24054
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby Jogeephus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

greybeard wrote:
These things aren't staged so you don't know if you are on film or not so you gotta assume you are on camera and go for the gold.


Butt don't get confused...easy to do.
Gold and lead are both soft, heavy, naturally occurring, metallic elements.........


Just need to run faster and yell "I know my rights".

Or you could take this fellas advice.

4 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:48 pm

:lol2: Good one Jogeephus
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7409
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Bad cops.

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Its the us and them mentality... its well documented.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 955
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Bad cops.

Postby haase » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 pm

The bad cop thing has been going on for a long time, and it does exist, and it goes beyond cops and to judges also, not sure if many remember the Memphis 3 back in 2000, or you can go back to 1964 to Mississippi, its been going on for a long time, even the drug periods during the late 70s and 80s, alot of them at that time made some good money going to work, l still believe the number of good officers outweighed the bad by far, just my :2cents:
2 x

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24054
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Bad cops.

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:05 pm

haase wrote:The bad cop thing has been going on for a long time, and it does exist, and it goes beyond cops and to judges also, not sure if many remember the Memphis 3 back in 2000, or you can go back to 1964 to Mississippi, its been going on for a long time, even the drug periods during the late 70s and 80s, alot of them at that time made some good money going to work, l still believe the number of good officers outweighed the bad by far, just my :2cents:


It all goes back to them being human. Badge or no badge they are still human.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 955
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Bad cops.

Postby haase » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

In them cases I would call it a agenda or having alot of pressure to solve a case because of the media or others, cant say that either the Memphis 3, or in Mississippi back in the day was good police work and them are just a couple of examples, my point is that it has been going on for a long time, it just didn't start today, I'm on the side of our law enforcement like I said earlier and never had a run in with them in my lifetime, but I will never say that some are not on the up and up.
0 x


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skyhightree1 and 16 guests