Bad cops.

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Bad cops.

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:43 am

I expected a lot worse for Van Dyke. I can't see a threat or fear, and definitely there's no reason to shoot someone 16 times. I'm sure the punk was nothing but trouble or going to be, but you don't shoot someone just because you have a gun and badge.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:07 am

One of the most dam*ing things against him was that Van Dyke told his partner, "Oh my God, we're going to have to shoot that guy," before even arriving at the scene.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:29 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-union ... sham-trial
This is the way cops think and the problem.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I know I'm personally very..what..humbled? embarrassed? no, ashamed, I think..to realize this cr@p has been going on a loooong time and I was pretty asleep at the wheel as to what my fellow citizens were putting up with, and here's me just thinking "if a person just obeys the law and is polite to cops, they have nothing to fear." Eyes been opened. Lots of others too, I think.
'nother thing: if they can presume you've been drinking if you refuse a breathalyzer, I think we get to presume it's homicide if they kill a person while their bodycams are off. Sound fair?
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 am

boondocks wrote:I know I'm personally very..what..humbled? embarrassed? no, ashamed, I think..to realize this cr@p has been going on a loooong time and I was pretty asleep at the wheel as to what my fellow citizens were putting up with, and here's me just thinking "if a person just obeys the law and is polite to cops, they have nothing to fear." Eyes been opened. Lots of others too, I think.
'nother thing: if they can presume you've been drinking if you refuse a breathalyzer, I think we get to presume it's homicide if they kill a person while their bodycams are off. Sound fair?

Don't feel badly.
It has taken a very long time, for these things to come to light for much of America, and a good bit of the credit for it finally beginning to do so can be attributed to gopro cams, iPhones, dash and body cams that most police depts railed against being implemented.
So many police depts and their city councils didn't want police activity to be filmed, it took a ruling by SCOTUS to stop police from confiscating cell phones that were filming police in the performance of their duty.*

I found it interesting and somewhat ironic that the FoP spokesman put so much emphasis on the police now having 'to fear' what a judge or jury might do. The rest of us have been told and have lived under that premise our entire lives.
As 'they've' always said to the citizenry *"If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about"..
Evidently, he thinks differently when it's his own ox being gored.

Throw out the bad ones, keep the very high percent of good ones that make up most of the force.
5 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm

That union leader sounds like someone who'd act exactly like Van Dyke...

I don't think I've ever seen a thread go 3 pages and everyone keeps agreeing!
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Since this one has pretty much played out....A 'good cop' story, intertwined with something not so good.
Babysitting while black.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/ ... sm-georgia

White woman sees a relatively young black man with 2 white children..asks if they are his, and gets "no' as an answer then asks if they are ok. Response='yes, why wouldn't they be?"
Not content, she follows him home, then calls the police on him...evidently for babysitting 2 white children.
The mother defended the black babysitter.
To his credit, the police officer was 100% honest about it.

Lewis called the incident “babysitting while black.” As he sees it, there’s simply no reason the woman called the police on him besides his race, because the kids were totally fine.

The children’s mother, Dana Mango, defended Lewis to the police. She recalled asking the officer, “Are you telling me that because a woman saw a young African-American male with two white kids that they were pulled over by the police?” The cop reportedly responded, “Yes, ma’am. I’m sorry, that appears to be what happened.

“It doesn’t make sense in light of what happened,” Mango said. “They weren’t crying. They weren’t distressed.”

I can't say I'm surprised by this.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:15 am

greybeard wrote:Since this one has pretty much played out....A 'good cop' story, intertwined with something not so good.
Babysitting while black.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/ ... sm-georgia

White woman sees a relatively young black man with 2 white children..asks if they are his, and gets "no' as an answer then asks if they are ok. Response='yes, why wouldn't they be?"
Not content, she follows him home, then calls the police on him...evidently for babysitting 2 white children.
The mother defended the black babysitter.
To his credit, the police officer was 100% honest about it.

Lewis called the incident “babysitting while black.” As he sees it, there’s simply no reason the woman called the police on him besides his race, because the kids were totally fine.

The children’s mother, Dana Mango, defended Lewis to the police. She recalled asking the officer, “Are you telling me that because a woman saw a young African-American male with two white kids that they were pulled over by the police?” The cop reportedly responded, “Yes, ma’am. I’m sorry, that appears to be what happened.

“It doesn’t make sense in light of what happened,” Mango said. “They weren’t crying. They weren’t distressed.”

I can't say I'm surprised by this.

She'll go to church Sunday and all her friends will commiserate with her and swear "you did the right thing, honey. You just never know. What if those kids had been being kidnapped and you said nothing? You'd never forgive yourself." Instead of taking it as a learning experience, she'll go away feeling like she's the victim....Well, at least he didn't get the vigilante/emmett till outcome, so we're making...progress? :???:
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 am

more stories how whites are terrible and racist.

one of mainstream media's top stories of the year.
1 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:13 am

0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”