bail bondsman

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: bail bondsman

Postby callmefence » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

I think most bounty hunters use a track and locate followed by a well timed phone call method.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 am

Friend here does it. Both him and his wife. They got into it because the bail bondsman they knew in another county said he needed someone in our county to do it. They had to take some kind of training, and worked with the other guy for awhile, but now do it. He says they mostly handle DUI types and it is a good bit of money. I think maybe talk to one already doing it and see if there is enough business to open another one like the case here.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am

Bright Raven wrote:Nothing wrong with a comfortable 400 sq ft house. In your late 60s, a man don't need a pot to pizz in. If he can pizz at all, he is happy.

My first house was 480 sq. feet. It's a good thing my wife is pretty and I smell nice, b/c things were T-I-G-H-T.

As a bail bondsman, are you responsible for going and getting them when they skip out, or does that fall on bounty hunters? Can someone explain exactly how a bail bondsman makes money? I know it's got to happen b/c they're everywhere, but it's something that I thankfully know nothing about (and intend to keep it that way).
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Nothing wrong with a comfortable 400 sq ft house. In your late 60s, a man don't need a pot to pizz in. If he can pizz at all, he is happy.

My first house was 480 sq. feet. It's a good thing my wife is pretty and I smell nice, b/c things were T-I-G-H-T.

As a bail bondsman, are you responsible for going and getting them when they skip out, or does that fall on bounty hunters? Can someone explain exactly how a bail bondsman makes money? I know it's got to happen b/c they're everywhere, but it's something that I thankfully know nothing about (and intend to keep it that way).

So you don't actually want anybody to answer your question? :lol:
2 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm

ez14. wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

It reads that way. No, I prefer to be ignorant of the judicial system due to a lack of personal involvement. I hope to never need the services of a bail bondsman.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

It reads that way. No, I prefer to be ignorant of the judicial system due to a lack of personal involvement. I hope to never need the services of a bail bondsman.
I know what you meant
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Your missing out on a lot of fun and a good learning experience. The last time I went to time out a drunk picked half a sandwich up off the floor of the holding cell and ate it. Then he drank water out of the pizz trough, my brother was there with me and we couldn't believe it. It was his first and last time in time out.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Nothing wrong with a comfortable 400 sq ft house.

I lived in one that was about 600 sq ft once. The living room was 9'X18' with a wood burning stove at the far end of it--only source of heat for the house. I kinda liked it..wife hated it. Lived in it about 11 months just before and while they were building my present home. I have a pic of it somewhere...
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Many years ago I frequented the cowboy bars in Memphis. One of my bar associates was a bounty hunter. He came in one night and we were standing at the bar discussing world issues. The young lady that managed the establishment came over and asked him if that was his truck sitting out front. He said yes it was. She asked if he could park it around back. Seems he had one of his minority clients handcuffed to a spare tire bolted in the bed of the truck. Manager felt that didn't look good!
2 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Judge sets bail. You pay the amount in cash and if you hit all your court dates you get your money back. If you don't have cash you call a bondsman. He charges you 10% of the value of the bond. You are out that 10% fee. The bondsman writes an I owe you( not exactly how it's done but simple explanation) to the court. his bond allows him to do that . if you skip bail he has to pay your bond to the court that's why he hunts your be nice down.
2 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:09 pm

OleScout wrote:Many years ago I frequented the cowboy bars in Memphis. One of my bar associates was a bounty hunter. He came in one night and we were standing at the bar discussing world issues. The young lady that managed the establishment came over and asked him if that was his truck sitting out front. He said yes it was. She asked if he could park it around back. Seems he had one of his minority clients handcuffed to a spare tire bolted in the bed of the truck. Manager felt that didn't look good!

In Memphis...I can honestly believe every word of that story. Rough town even when I was there in the late 60s and again in the mid 70s.
(Day or night, Sunday, holiday or work day, the sirens never stop in that place.if God ever again decides to give the world an enema, that's where he's gonna stick the hose)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:17 pm

I have a friend that I played football with in middle school that is a bail bondsman (used to be a professional wrestler). There was a guy that was stealing from his grandmother and writing bad checks on his deceased grandfather's closed bank account (among a lot of other things such as fraudulently getting a mortgage on her home. My client was in her 90's). I filed a complaint with the Sheriffs Dept and had him arrested. He wrote a bad check on the same account to pay the bail bondsman. My friend called me and asked what was up and I asked did you even look at what he was charged with????????

My friend never got his money.... :roll:
0 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 pm

greybeard wrote:
OleScout wrote:Many years ago I frequented the cowboy bars in Memphis. One of my bar associates was a bounty hunter. He came in one night and we were standing at the bar discussing world issues. The young lady that managed the establishment came over and asked him if that was his truck sitting out front. He said yes it was. She asked if he could park it around back. Seems he had one of his minority clients handcuffed to a spare tire bolted in the bed of the truck. Manager felt that didn't look good!

In Memphis...I can honestly believe every word of that story. Rough town even when I was there in the late 60s and again in the mid 70s.
(Day or night, Sunday, holiday or work day, the sirens never stop in that place.if God ever again decides to give the world an enema, that's where he's gonna stick the hose)

That is why God invented Florida, to give Memphis someplace to look down on.... :hide: :banana:
(PS... It is TN vs FL week, affectionately known here as the official "Hate Florida Week"
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm

greybeard wrote:

I don’t know. Chicago, LA or DC are good places to start as well.
2 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:42 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Nothing wrong with a comfortable 400 sq ft house.

I lived in one that was about 600 sq ft once. The living room was 9'X18' with a wood burning stove at the far end of it--only source of heat for the house. I kinda liked it..wife hated it. Lived in it about 11 months just before and while they were building my present home. I have a pic of it somewhere...

The house, after I cobbled up a screened front porch that almost doubled the size of the place.

Living room. Had a sofa that was against the left wall. Had no trouble seeing or hearing the TV that was against the right wall for awhile, tho we later moved into the only bedroom in the place. Wood stove that I had in there is now in my shop.

'Dining room' and kitchen which didn't have much room at all to it tho I did plumb in and hook up a washing machine in there.. Dryer was just past the fridge against the far left kitchen wall.

Imagejpg host
3 x

Covet Not!

Return to “Coffee Shop”