Ridiculous

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Ridiculous

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:51 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Re: Ridiculous

Postby farmerjan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:06 pm

We are up to 91 here in the Shen valley, never got below 70 last night. It will probably top out at 92 or 3 before the afternoon is over. Foggy as all get out this morning; boy if we have as many snow days as foggy mornings, it will snow every day for half the winter. I sure hope not!!!!
1 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:40 pm

I have reached the point where I am so sick & tired of it! :mad: My body & mind keep thinking that its August, but oh, wait, no it isn't, the leaves are falling off the trees. And the bugs!!! Good grief! I have not dealt with this many mosquitos, in October. The humidity only makes it worse. :frowns:

If we get as much snow, as we have had rain, we are going to get hammered. :???:
2 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Same way here. We hit 92 here at the farm today. Hard on the calves.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Same way here. We hit 92 here at the farm today. Hard on the calves.

I can understand why it would be hard on the calves, this time of year their cots are growing thicker due to less sunlight.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm

And yet we've been dealing with a 25 degree change in temp every few days with a lot of moisture. I'm already noticing snotty noses. This entire year has been ridiculous! Long winter, never really had spring (we had "sprinter") and directly to 90's - 100's in May. Long, hot summer with very little rain. Makes it hard to plan anything.
1 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:56 pm

According to the forecast, its finally supposed to drop into the 70s on Wednesday and 60s for the next 7 days and 40s during the night. Hopefully, we will be done with 90s for a while around here. I don’t think I e ever been so ready for cooler temperatures.
3 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Well, the recording thermometer says it hit 94 before starting to drop off. It is 9:30 and down to 74 so not too bad. We sorted off 12 cows, that were checked preg on Wed when I had the vet to do some Bangs vacc.; and moved them across the drive to a field that we will then move them to the very back field on the one farm. Nothing has been out there for several months, so will be moving cows due in the spring there as we bring them home from pasture. Will move the bangs heifers to another pasture for about 2-3 months, we cut hay off it in July I think and nothing on it since. I will put out protein tubs, and do some graining but they are about 20 miles away so won't get done every day.
Took 2 that were open, and a bull to another pasture. A little earlier to put a bull in than we normally do, but he was in with this group, he is in very good flesh, and there are only 3 other cows there right now. We will get in some that have calved and start moving them there. Will have to wait to Dec 1st to move others to another place; after deer season closes. Sure hope it cools down some. Cut 12 acres of hay and hope to get it up in sq bales Tues.; I will rake late monday, possible showers wed aft and 60% chance on Thurs. Then it is supposed to cool down to more normal temps.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:43 pm

This morning we went into Baker City to church. There was fresh snow on both the Eagle Caps and the Elkhorn mountains.
1 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:40 am

Trees finally turning up here but colors are muted. Rain rain rain. Brushhogged a pasture today that was probably a little too soft to have done so, hope I didn't damage it
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:41 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Coffee Shop”