What I'm seeing today

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Re: What I'm seeing today

Postby ohiosteve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:58 am

Jogeephus wrote:Grass 1
G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

I don't know about you, but every time that happens to me it's either in poison ivy or some type of thorned weed.
1 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:45 pm

G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

looks like you have a fun day lined up
1 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don’t go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain’t centipede :hide:
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:35 pm

G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

I’d say that looks to be the work of hired help....had I not plugged a sickle mower earlier this year.... :oops:
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:36 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don’t go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain’t centipede :hide:

Ain't that the truth. Replacing a shear pin is a lot easier than a broken chain or worse. I try to use the softest bolt I can.
1 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 pm

1982vett wrote:
G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

I’d say that looks to be the work of hired help....had I not plugged a sickle mower earlier this year.... :oops:

Nahh the hired helps job is to get it going again.
2 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:03 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don’t go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain’t centipede :hide:

Well I had my fingers crossed till this happened. And yes, you are right. Slowing down was the ticket. 3.5 mph was the sweet spot. Next I'll be testing the limits on my belts and bearings on the baler. If all goes well and I get finished with this field I'll start on another just like this one. Then another. Living the dream is all I can say and I will say if it wasn't for the money, the fame and the glory this might be like a nightmare of a job.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:08 pm

ohiosteve wrote: I don't know about you, but every time that happens to me it's either in poison ivy or some type of thorned weed.

Its fire ants here. Thankfully though armyworms had been in this field and I gave them a double dose of something the fire ants must have been allergic to.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Jogeephus wrote:

Well I had my fingers crossed till this happened. And yes, you are right. Slowing down was the ticket. 3.5 mph was the sweet spot. Next I'll be testing the limits on my belts and bearings on the baler. If all goes well and I get finished with this field I'll start on another just like this one. Then another. Living the dream is all I can say and I will say if it wasn't for the money, the fame and the glory this might be like a nightmare of a job.

3.5 mph? It must be even thicker than it looks! Oh well. They’ll eat it. May have to feed a little syrup or something but they’ll eat it. Maybe your problems will subside somewhat.

I’m with you on living the dream. I must’ve done something horrible in a previous life to deserve being a ‘cattlemen’ in this one :lol2: It ain’t all bad. Most days I really love it. Some days really try your fortitude though. My favorite saying relating to cows/hay is “It’s a lot for a little”.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:29 am

If I had a son I'd probably make him stack wagons, but instead my daughter gets to learn about hand signals, like throttle up, gear down, jump a windrow, etc..
Unfortunately she didn't understand go around the ground hog hole yesterday, but at least it was a small wagon and didn't break the spindle. We put up some really nice 3rd cutting yesterday, that's our vacation fund from the crazy horse people around here.
2 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:35 am

ohiosteve wrote:If I had a son I'd probably make him stack wagons, but instead my daughter gets to learn about hand signals, like throttle up, gear down, jump a windrow, etc..
Unfortunately she didn't understand go around the ground hog hole yesterday, but at least it was a small wagon and didn't break the spindle. We put up some really nice 3rd cutting yesterday, that's our vacation fund from the crazy horse people around here.

The only time I get to run the tractor is if it's got a kick baler
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 am

ohiosteve wrote:If I had a son I'd probably make him stack wagons, but instead my daughter gets to learn about hand signals, like throttle up, gear down, jump a windrow, etc..

That gives me nightmares looking at that.... I feel for you.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:54 pm

For those of you having trouble getting hay cut and dry.....

My Klinegrass/Bermuda mix.....just about dry enough to bale.......oh wait....I haven’t cut it yet. :(
2 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 pm

so is she taking a picture of her handy work?
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:42 am

Must be sending the photo on Instagram, I was told yesterday that Facebook is for oldies and not cool enough for the young ones.

Ken
2 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”