Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:33 am

I watch a couple of these about every morning. Ever once in a blue moon, I catch something that's not scriptural.

Christian Motivational:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvFGkEyzGsU
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:06 am

He Is Risen

Matthew 28: 1-8

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

5 But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”

8 So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word.
2 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 am

We can’t let bitterness rule our lives. It’s like poison ivy, it will grow and consume what it comes close to. If we continue to justify our bitterness by replaying things in our heads, we are hurting ourselves by not allowing ourselves to be free. Life is too short. We must make that choice. Lord, help us to cut out that poison & become more deeply rooted in You. Thank you, Father for giving us the strength we need, we love you too.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-16
“Be patient with everyone. Be sure that no one pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to do what is good for each other & for all people. Always be joyful. Pray continually, & give thanks whatever happens.”
2 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:We can’t let bitterness rule our lives. It’s like poison ivy, it will grow and consume what it comes close to. If we continue to justify our bitterness by replaying things in our heads, we are hurting ourselves by not allowing ourselves to be free. Life is too short. We must make that choice. Lord, help us to cut out that poison & become more deeply rooted in You. Thank you, Father for giving us the strength we need, we love you too.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-16
“Be patient with everyone. Be sure that no one pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to do what is good for each other & for all people. Always be joyful. Pray continually, & give thanks whatever happens.”

@ Bigfoot. Thanks for the reminder. Been guilty of a hardened heart recently. Been reading about God/Moses VS Pharo to help me cope. When Pharo saw Aaron's staff/snake consume his majic men's staffs/snakes, he should have seen Gods power, and worshipped with the Jews. He didn't, he got a hardened heart, and it took several big whacks to concede to Gods will. Kinda like what I do.
1 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 pm

May get a little lengthy. Sorry:

Popular hymn, states, "Take your burdens to the Lord, and leave them there"

Worship songs, aren't always scriptural. Catchy, inspiring, uplifting, but not always sound doctorine.

Many examples supporting that song/thought:
Psalm 55:22 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be [a]moved

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Long story short, our worries/fears/concerns/pain/heart ache/ strife can all be eased, and taken away, by our Lord and Savior.

In the following scriptures, we see that Paul had a "thorn". He asked God to remove the "thorn". but God refused.

Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul doesn't tell us what his thorn is. I often wonder what it was? Maybe because I to have a thorn. It'd be a good guess, that many here have a thorn. Paul's thorn was to remind him of God's grace. To reveal his weakness, and God's strength. Satan placed it, but God refused to remove it. Paul asked 3 times. As a parent, I'd like to just say no one time. I get a little irritated if I have to say it twice. I just won't say it 3 times. One no should be enough. Paul's "thorn" must have been quit painful, for him to ask 3 times.

God left Paul's thorn in place, so he would not get conceited.

Lets compare ourselves to Paul, and see how he "might get conceited:
We invite our neighbor to church, and he doesn't show up/////Paul planted churches
We would love to be able to help people//////Paul had the power of healing
We would love to uplift the down trodden/////Paul cast out demons
We would love to share the Gospel with the lost//////Paul penned much of the New Testament.

As much as Paul loved the Lord, God loved him more. When Paul wanted his "thorn" removed, God said no. The lesson the thorn taught, was more important than the pain.

Again, Paul never tells us what his thorn was. We just know satan was the root, and God left in place.

The "thorn" is known only to Paul. It could have been guilt from his earlier persecution of Christians. It could have been a physical ailment. It could have been a heart ache, caused by any of a thousand different pains. It could have even been a weakness like: doubt, fear, anger. We just don't know. We just know, that to God the pain served a specific purpose.

I don't know what your "thorn" is, but I know mine, and childishly I have asked far more than 3 times for it to be removed. The "thorn" is firmly in place. I find it comforting to know, that pain can serve a purpose.

Your "thorn" is known only you to you. As much as you love God, God loves you more. The "thorn" is a lesson. Perhaps a reminder. No matter what the thorn is, no matter what the lesson is, it's hard to know that there is a burden, that God won't take away. Just know, that what was true for Paul, is also true for you. God's grace is sufficient. His strength is made perfect through your weakness.
3 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Are you back BF. Or is this a drive-by?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

Currently reading Autopsy of a Deceased Church. Good read, and I would recommend it. Opens your eyes to some things. We’re too busy to serve. We make 2 hours on Sunday, but fail to put action to our thoughts. Church growth in 2018 is big churches getting bigger and small churches getting smaller. The reason??????? We like to attend where somebody is hired to do it all. We’re not reading our bible. The average persons personal doctrine is based on memes they’ve seen on social media, and bible verses they’ve heard others quote.

We need to:
1. Make time for service to growing the kingdom
2. Read our bible daily
3. Pray
4. As the scriptures say,”He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

Have you just been still lately, and listened to God? You might be amazed at what all he has to say. Plans to grow you, not to harm you. Task that need completed. People to uplift. We can’t stand with both feet planted firmly in the muck that is this world, and reach the lost, the unconcerned, the luke warm.
2 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:59 am

Probably wind up my summer swing tonight and tomorrow. Ran the road for 3 months: 10,000 miles, 2 blowouts, retired a horse (hip/stifle issue), provided approximately 30 church services, won 2 buckles, won enough money to maybe pay half the fuel, learned that Satan uses discouragement as a tool, and grew in my faith.

My take home:
1. Witnessing/preaching is a volume business. You’ll talk to a bunch, before you reach one.
2. God provides, and no hand raised against his plan for you can stop it.

NOT POSTED LOOKING FOR A PAT ON THE BACK, OR EVEN A RESPONSE. Some here have maintained contact, as well as prayed for this challenge. No doubt in my mind, that I fell short of the mark. Definitely could have done more. Felt my age, but enjoyed the opportunity to share God’s word.

A big thanks to those who encouraged me, and prayed. It was a very humbling experience. I’m going to take a week off starting Monday, and settle back in to my normal routine.
7 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:41 pm

You done good Bigfoot.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 am

We should never underestimate the gift & breakthrough we can give to others through an act as simple as believing in them.

Proverbs 18:21
“What you say can mean life or death. Those who speak with care will be rewarded.”
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

God loves us SO much - His gifts & blessings are greater than anything we could ever imagine or ask for. Some of those blessings also come with responsibilities... but what we must remember is that even though we have been entrusted with these blessings (children, family, friends, farms) WE ARE NOT ENOUGH. We must pray that we all realize that things of this earth, even the loving people who surround us, are not enough. YOU, our gracious and loving Heavenly Father are enough. Lord, You provide us with our earthly support system and You are always there for us. Lord, help us to wrap the peace that Your presence gives us around ourselves AND all of those you have brought into our lives. Trusting You, Lord with our futures.
Thank You, Heavenly Father. We love You, too.

Ephesians 3:20
"With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine."
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”