Cattle problems.
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Gallbladder Trouble

Post by Bright Raven » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 am

Little Cow wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 am
I just had mine removed three weeks ago. I can relate to feeling a whole lot better! It was a chronic infection that I had for probably ten years. My hubby and son picked up chores for three days after surgery, then, I did them...slowly. Four days after my surgery was when I noticed our cow had mastitis and then she had surgery. So, my second week of recovery was spent cleaning her stall twice a day and spreading thick shavings, as well as all the other chores, lol! It turned out alright. Recheck was yesterday and everything looks good. I'm back to eating things I couldn't very well before, but not others. Lost my taste for fried food long ago. I can't stand pizza or chips of any kind either. Haven't touched fast food since college and poverty.
Although I had no stones or infection, when the surgeon visited me in recovery he said I was headed toward some serious chronic infection. The gallbladder was inflamed and causing edema. That can spread to the biliary tree which is where the bile has to move through and where the pancreas empties into. I am glad you got it taken care of. Gallbladder can lead to some serious risks.

"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

NEFarmwife
GURU
GURU

Post by NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:51 am

I had an ultrasound and then followed up with a HIDA scan yesterday morning. The ultrasound showed no stones or sludge but doctor felt it was still gall bladder based on my symptoms.

I chalked it all up to putting on about 15 lbs after I quit smoking. Ready to start again because I was feeling fat. Well, I’m hoping the surgery makes me feel “normal” again. Putting 15lbs on a 115lbs body seems ridiculous to complain about but I seriously feel so puffy and bloated. Miserable. I’m sure once my gall bladder is gone, I’ll feel better and embrace much needed weight gain.

My gall bladder is hyperactive. He stated the threshold removal percentage was at an 80 for hyperactivity and I am 97%! I also have a very small incisional hernia (2 pallets of 60 pound cement bags to blame for this) that they’ll repair while they remove my gall bladder.

They want to schedule me for next week but I am waiting for my new position to be in place and someone to be hired. My hubby said “don’t worry about work, get it done.” I’ll have to be out 6 weeks because my job won’t allow me to come back restricted. I’ll go crazy.

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am

NEFarmwife wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:51 am
I had an ultrasound and then followed up with a HIDA scan yesterday morning. The ultrasound showed no stones or sludge but doctor felt it was still gall bladder based on my symptoms.

I chalked it all up to putting on about 15 lbs after I quit smoking. Ready to start again because I was feeling fat. Well, I’m hoping the surgery makes me feel “normal” again. Putting 15lbs on a 115lbs body seems ridiculous to complain about but I seriously feel so puffy and bloated. Miserable. I’m sure once my gall bladder is gone, I’ll feel better and embrace much needed weight gain.

My gall bladder is hyperactive. He stated the threshold removal percentage was at an 80 for hyperactivity and I am 97%! I also have a very small incisional hernia (2 pallets of 60 pound cement bags to blame for this) that they’ll repair while they remove my gall bladder.

They want to schedule me for next week but I am waiting for my new position to be in place and someone to be hired. My hubby said “don’t worry about work, get it done.” I’ll have to be out 6 weeks because my job won’t allow me to come back restricted. I’ll go crazy.
My removal percentage was only 11 %. Thus, the compounds in bile were precipitating out to form a thick sludge which further reduces the removal percentage. Toward the middle of a meal, I would lose my appetite. Then at night, the gallbladder would cause a gnawing pain. I would be nauseous the next morning and tired. I can already notice a significant improvement. Your situation is about the opposite. I hope you get some relief.
Diogenes.

NEFarmwife
GURU
GURU

Post by NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am
NEFarmwife wrote:

My removal percentage was only 11 %. Thus, the compounds in bile were precipitating out to form a thick sludge which further reduces the removal percentage. Toward the middle of a meal, I would lose my appetite. Then at night, the gallbladder would cause a gnawing pain. I would be nauseous the next morning and tired. I can already notice a significant improvement. Your situation is about the opposite. I hope you get some relief.
I’ve been experiencing extreme bloating and heaviness around my diaphragm. So uncomfortable after eating, it feels like my ribs are going to crack from pressure in my tummy. I told someone the other day, I feel 9 months pregnant when I’m miserable and told the tech yesterday, that the isotope they gave me, felt like a contraction. I knew at that moment, it was my gall bladder and removal was certain.

I’ve also felt nauseous. But most of mine has been pain... it will radiate to the lower back. I’m such a strong willed, stubborn, SUCK IT UP type... and I just can’t anymore. I’ve also been a raging b*tch because of my discomfort. My entire family will be highly appreciative of my better health and wellness.

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm

NEFarmwife wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am
Bright Raven wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:

I’ve been experiencing extreme bloating and heaviness around my diaphragm. So uncomfortable after eating, it feels like my ribs are going to crack from pressure in my tummy. I told someone the other day, I feel 9 months pregnant when I’m miserable and told the tech yesterday, that the isotope they gave me, felt like a contraction. I knew at that moment, it was my gall bladder and removal was certain.

I’ve also felt nauseous. But most of mine has been pain... it will radiate to the lower back. I’m such a strong willed, stubborn, SUCK IT UP type... and I just can’t anymore. I’ve also been a raging b*tch because of my discomfort. My entire family will be highly appreciative of my better health and wellness.
If I were you, I would get a referral to a surgeon, make sure all the procedures have been reported to the surgeon and then go in for a counseling session. There are some serious risks with letting a diseased gallbladder go untreated. It can compromise the bilary tree and pancreas. You said they wanted to schedule you, I assume that means with a surgeon or have you already been to a surgeon.
Diogenes.

NEFarmwife
GURU
GURU

Post by NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm
NEFarmwife wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

If I were you, I would get a referral to a surgeon, make sure all the procedures have been reported to the surgeon and then go in for a counseling session. There are some serious risks with letting a diseased gallbladder go untreated. It can compromise the bilary tree and pancreas. You said they wanted to schedule you, I assume that means with a surgeon or have you already been to a surgeon.
Yep. I’ve seen surgeon who chose to do the scan. They called me today and said it cannot wait. So, I just scheduled. Good times!

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:35 pm

NEFarmwife wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm
NEFarmwife wrote:

Yep. I’ve seen surgeon who chose to do the scan. They called me today and said it cannot wait. So, I just scheduled. Good times!
Good luck. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as Raven's procedure. We will be pulling for you.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:42 am

Ron, glad everything went well. Take care of yourself.
NE - get ur done!!!
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

VaCowman
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by VaCowman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:12 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:41 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:28 pm

You need to consider long term effects. Do some reading on it but from what I understand the fact you don't have a gallbladder and even when you did have a rough one it puts extra pressure on your liver and your pancreas. Doing that can lead to diabetes and all these things lead to heart disease. I have this conversation with my husband every day haha.

I fed my chickens garlic the other day, just the cuttings from our plants and their eggs taste like garlic. Proof you are what you eat.
I am just taking my "no gallbladder" status for a test drive. I maintain a pretty decent diet. I eat no processed foods, lots of fish and vegetables, etc. I don't take any medications. My total cholesterol is 150. The Anesthesiologist commented that I had good vitals - oxygen, BP, pulse, etc before he sent me to cloud 9. If a tree don't fall on me, I should live until I die.
Raven I can only repeat what I've heard and that is "When you have the urge to go.......... head for the bathroom immediately" or you'll be cleaning up a mess. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
TAKE THAT ADVICE!!!!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:22 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:41 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:28 pm

You need to consider long term effects. Do some reading on it but from what I understand the fact you don't have a gallbladder and even when you did have a rough one it puts extra pressure on your liver and your pancreas. Doing that can lead to diabetes and all these things lead to heart disease. I have this conversation with my husband every day haha.

I fed my chickens garlic the other day, just the cuttings from our plants and their eggs taste like garlic. Proof you are what you eat.
I am just taking my "no gallbladder" status for a test drive. I maintain a pretty decent diet. I eat no processed foods, lots of fish and vegetables, etc. I don't take any medications. My total cholesterol is 150. The Anesthesiologist commented that I had good vitals - oxygen, BP, pulse, etc before he sent me to cloud 9. If a tree don't fall on me, I should live until I die.
Raven I can only repeat what I've heard and that is "When you have the urge to go.......... head for the bathroom immediately" or you'll be cleaning up a mess. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Good advice TB I had mine out last November if yall remember
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Get the doctor to prescribe Colestipol and that emergency problem is solved.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Little Cow
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Little Cow » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Bright Raven, Are you all recovered now?

I'm back to normal. Well, a better sort of normal, foodwise. No issues. I still don't really like fried foods, but it's nice to not fear them, lol!
"For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah', and they will deceive many".  Matthew, 24:5

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Little Cow wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 pm
Bright Raven, Are you all recovered now?

I'm back to normal. Well, a better sort of normal, foodwise. No issues. I still don't really like fried foods, but it's nice to not fear them, lol!
Totally. Had it done the 5 th of August. I can eat everything without any trouble. I feel much better. Thank you for asking.
Diogenes.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Post by Son of Butch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:37 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 am
I noticed back in November that I was having pain in my upper right abdomen.
I wanted to believe it was my colon but I thought it was too high.
I scheduled a colonoscopy. That went fine, so that didn't explain the pain.
I went to the doctor. My general practitioner said it sounded like gallbladder.
So he scheduled me for an ultrasound.
An example of how to use patient fears to pad the bill.
A doctor worth his salt should have said, skip the colonoscopy and let's check the gallbladder first.

But you can't bill for a colonoscopy if it isn't done and getting it right to start with in a non life
threatening situation only lowers a medical center's income.

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:49 am

Son of Butch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:37 am
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 am
I noticed back in November that I was having pain in my upper right abdomen.
I wanted to believe it was my colon but I thought it was too high.
I scheduled a colonoscopy. That went fine, so that didn't explain the pain.
I went to the doctor. My general practitioner said it sounded like gallbladder.
So he scheduled me for an ultrasound.
An example of how to use patient fears to pad the bill.
A doctor worth his salt should have said, skip the colonoscopy and let's check the gallbladder first.

But you can't bill for a colonoscopy if it isn't done and getting it right to start with in a non life
threatening situation only lowers a medical center's income.
I agree. Our healthcare system is about money! I will say this, we still have the most competent medical care in the world.
Diogenes.