Cattle problems.
timwil94
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Hematoma

Post by timwil94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

SBMF 2015 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 pm
Bannamine transdermal. This is the latest, greatest, tool for bulls that lost the fight.
The label claims it lasts twice as long as injectable. Just apply down their top line like pour on. It works great. The bulls don't get cranky from being poked.
Thanks for the recommendation. I used to treat it with usual antiseptics in the old fashioned way. And so I appeal only to the veterinarian. But such drugs should be in the medicine cabinet of every owner, as for me. Only first you need to find out about them.

76 Bar
GURU
GURU

Post by 76 Bar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am

Brilliant idea, 76! Currently still draining and he did let me squeeze a little extra. Ewee!
:lol: Don't forget to hot pack it several times a day with a rag soaked in Epsom salts!!! :lol:
We had company from Wisconsin last weekend and she was terrified to get out of the Polaris while I sat on the grill and doled out his pill/cube combo. But I suspect primarily because Willy (to my left) was talking smack. ;-)
Sad but true city folk out of their element. :roll: Glad she got to witness a knowledgeable & compassionate rancher. :clap: Lemme guess...Willy the smack talker was the victor?

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Post by TCRanch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm

76 Bar wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am
Brilliant idea, 76! Currently still draining and he did let me squeeze a little extra. Ewee!
:lol: Don't forget to hot pack it several times a day with a rag soaked in Epsom salts!!! :lol:
We had company from Wisconsin last weekend and she was terrified to get out of the Polaris while I sat on the grill and doled out his pill/cube combo. But I suspect primarily because Willy (to my left) was talking smack. ;-)
Sad but true city folk out of their element. :roll: Glad she got to witness a knowledgeable & compassionate rancher. :clap: Lemme guess...Willy the smack talker was the victor?
Somewhere, I suspect an OSHA manual just spontaneously burst into flames. You're right; the opening was too far towards the top of his head and needed to drain. No chute in that pasture? Plan B!

Bowl of cubes with the last 63 Meloxicam pills; opened the tailgate of the Polaris so it was at just the right height. I took my position in the bed. He let me mash and squeeze out more pus and never stopped eating. Whipped out the blade, figured I'd only have one chance to make a decent cut. Bless his big, stupid heart, he didn't even bellow, just jerked his head back for a moment and resumed eating. Got out a little more and didn't press my luck trying to flush but he has a steady stream of goo. Sprayed with diluted iodine and called it good for now.

And yes, I'm assuming Willy was the victor, even though he's not even 3 and Johnson is 5. Willy is kind of an azz - no way would I try doctoring him in the pasture.

MurraysMutts
Rancher
Rancher

Post by MurraysMutts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

That's rockstar status right there!!
Good job!

Had a halter broke, puppy of a bull come thru the sale ring a few weeks ago.
I laughed so hard. None of the guys in ring would get near him! Bunch a Nancy's.
Crossbred for high bread vinegar....