3 Day Old Cow Wont Eat

Cattle problems.
farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Re: 3 Day Old Cow Wont Eat

Postby farmerjan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 am

Glad to hear she is continuing to prosper. Once spring gets here you will see a big difference in her. Congrats on getting her to this point with your perseverance. Be careful about her getting too pushy as she doesn't know her own weight/size compared to you and can hurt you without ever meaning to. But I think you are realizing that. Always rub her from the side, never from the front and don't get into any pushing head butting type situations. And be a "good mamma" and if she gets too pushy, a serious "rap" on her nose is necessary. All kids need discipline and she does need to know her limits.
0 x

LizHartley1991
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby LizHartley1991 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Mira will be 5 Months at the end of April. I have her now down to one bottle a day. She is very moo mad with me on that but I am working her down. By May she should be more adjusted and by the end of May she’ll be 6 Months and I’ll be cutting her down to 1 quart then eventually letting her loose of the bottle. I was told by my vet that this would be okay and to just make sure her grain intake keeps up. So yay! Progress!
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Very good. Time sure does go by fast. Hard to believe she's just about 5 months old already.

You've done a good job with her. Keep up the good work. :)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Return to “Health & Nutrition”