Postby southernultrablack » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Is this a good mineral?
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Mineral opinion.

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Yep, it's a Good mineral... I've used it,and still will..especially this time of year...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

southernultrablack
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby southernultrablack » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Yep, it's a Good mineral... I've used it,and still will..especially this time of year...

Thanks AC, appreciate the feedback.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Ive been using VMS 1 To 1.. But I'm thinking I need more iodine lately...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

kilroy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kilroy60 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:51 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:Ive been using VMS 1 To 1.. But I'm thinking I need more iodine lately...

Iodine is an essential mineral for function of the thyroid hormones that regulate energy metabolism. The first sign of iodine deficiency is goiter in newborn calves. Iodine is rarely deficient in cow herds in the Southeast. Iodine is usually supplemented as ethylenediamine dihydroidide (EDDI). The maximum legal supplementation of EDDI is 50 mg per head per day. In some instances, EDDI has been included in diets to prevent foot rot; however, the amount of EDDI required to prevent foot rot is much higher than requirements and most likely will not prevent foot rot when included at the legal maximum.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:44 pm

kilroy60 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:Ive been using VMS 1 To 1.. But I'm thinking I need more iodine lately...

Iodine is an essential mineral for function of the thyroid hormones that regulate energy metabolism. The first sign of iodine deficiency is goiter in newborn calves. Iodine is rarely deficient in cow herds in the Southeast. Iodine is usually supplemented as ethylenediamine dihydroidide (EDDI). The maximum legal supplementation of EDDI is 50 mg per head per day. In some instances, EDDI has been included in diets to prevent foot rot; however, the amount of EDDI required to prevent foot rot is much higher than requirements and most likely will not prevent foot rot when included at the legal maximum.

Actually it's 50 mg/kg of diet so can be fed at a much higher level than thought. Many folks put out iodine salt blocks to help with foot rot. Feeding a ration containing Zinpro (zinc methionine complex) will help with foot rot problems as well.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Health & Nutrition”