Postby EdwardPhillip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 am

I am also confused by the same query!?
0 x

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Zip Bandit

Postby sstterry » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 am

Texas PaPaw wrote:Have a small set of vice grip pliers that I clip on the end of the band to use as a handle. With them can pull band tighter, especially with sweaty hands.

Where do you place the vice grips to get the necessary leverage needed?
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am

Any update elk??
0 x

Texas PaPaw
GURU
GURU

Postby Texas PaPaw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 am

sstterry wrote:
Texas PaPaw wrote:Have a small set of vice grip pliers that I clip on the end of the band to use as a handle. With them can pull band tighter, especially with sweaty hands.

I just clamp onto end of band opposite from clip. It is just a handle for the right hand to grip when stretching and latching band.
0 x
Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

Brock's Law "If you do enough stumblin', you'll stumble on to something"

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Just make sure you get the Zip Bandit all the way tight. If it is "almost" tight enough it turns in to a heck of a mess!!
I will continue with Cheerios on the little ones and going back to my XL on the bigger ones.
0 x

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Texas PaPaw wrote:
sstterry wrote:

I just clamp onto end of band opposite from clip. It is just a handle for the right hand to grip when stretching and latching band.

Thanks, I will try that. The only bad thing I have heard is that they can be difficult to get all the way tight.
0 x

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:35 pm

NonTypicalCPA wrote:Any update elk??

The ones I used the Zip Bandit on all dropped their sacks within 2 weeks. The ones I used the Callicrate bander on are 1-2 weeks behind them. IMO if you apply the Zip Bandit correctly I feel the band is tighter when applied. I need to do some comparison but think that maybe the band on the Zip Bandit is a little smaller in diameter. I feel these two items contribute to the faster sack drop when using the Zip Bandit. It isn't hard to tell if you have the band tight enough. I check each one before I clip the zip tie off. I have thought of using vice grips to pull them with. At this point I'm very satisfied and will mainly use the ZB's unless I start having issues.
2 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”