Re: Poison Ivy. How can I cure it?

Post by Coosh71 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:46 pm

I use bleach. Hurts like a #@+$&#/*$ but works. Dries it up quick

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Post by BRYANT » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 am

I have used bleach and/or salt to dry it up. But the best way to keep from getting it is to take the shots to make you where you are immune to it ,if they still give them they did 40 years ago, I use to could get close to it and it got me, how I can pull it up and at the most get a few small spots on my hand.
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

GMN
GURU
GURU

Post by GMN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 pm

I had it real bad a few years back I went to the doc got the shots did nothing-that was miserable lasted the whole month of July -it was poison Ivy with pustules filled with clear fluid-nothing worked but time that is the worst I had it and have never had it again
Now I wear pants in summer working outside-long sleeves too and just avoid places that I know have poison ivy-sumac or oak-like the woods

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:46 pm

sstterry wrote:
samanthasteven wrote:According to my experience If you treat it, the rash will go away in the next two weeks. If you delay treating it, the rash will go away in about 14 days. This article https://www.everydayhealth.com/poison-ivy/ helps us understand the severity of poison-ivy.

I didn't major in math, but isn't two weeks and 14 days roughly the same thing?? ;-)

I believe Samantha was making a little joke. She was saying that in her experience it will go away in 2 weeks, treatment or not.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

sstterry
GURU
GURU

Post by sstterry » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm

ga.prime wrote:
sstterry wrote:
samanthasteven wrote:According to my experience If you treat it, the rash will go away in the next two weeks. If you delay treating it, the rash will go away in about 14 days. This article https://www.everydayhealth.com/poison-ivy/ helps us understand the severity of poison-ivy.

I didn't major in math, but isn't two weeks and 14 days roughly the same thing?? ;-)

I believe Samantha was making a little joke. She was saying that in her experience it will go away in 2 weeks, treatment or not.

I was flip when I should not have been. It was her first post and she resurrected a 12-year-old thread. She has since posted more. My apologies samanthasteven. I was rude and I should not have been.