antibiotics and other drugs - for newbies *updated 11/26/14*

Cattle problems.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: antibiotics and other drugs - for newbies *updated 11/26/14*

Postby Nesikep » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Most people I've seen do it for well under a minute... probably 5 seconds is more like it!
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Warrenb wrote:How about use of the medi-dart opinions on that.. For pasture injection for cattle with foot rot

We have thought about using medi-darts. The issue I have is most of the drugs I use need to be put under the skin. This is hard with a dart. I prefer to give the injection and that way can control how and where it is administered. I might use on once a year but can't justify the cost for such little use.
1 x

skellybug
Beginner
Beginner

Postby skellybug » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 am

I have a 4 week old calf with a navel infection from what I have read I need an antibiotic my local feed store has penicillin, how much should I give him ? He is a 4 week old holstein.
0 x

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Skelly, If you ask on the health and nutrition board, you will probably get a quicker answer.
0 x

DocMind
Beginner
Beginner

Postby DocMind » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:27 am

Hello,

If you are planning on vaccinating or injecting the newborn calves with antibiotics, you should take out some time to understand what antibiotic resistance is and how it can affect both human and cattle.

This refers to the situation where bacteria grow strong or resistant to the power of antibiotics. This happens when you use antibiotics to treat viral infections and/or overuse antibiotics for every other bodily condition.

This can lead to an increased number of infections among both. To understand how this phenomenon unfolds you can refer to https://factdr.com/healthy-living/common-diseases-could-be-fatal/

It is imperative that you discuss this with your veterinary first.
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”