Congratulations from YouTube?

The place to start if you are new!
ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Congratulations from YouTube?

Postby ohiosteve » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Anyone else getting this pop-up Everytime they get on Cattle today? I can't even use the site, I'll be surprised if I can even post this. I've never had any problems with this site now this YouTube thing is popping up every 10 seconds I'm on Cattle today it's taking over my phone.
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Congratulations from YouTube?

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:38 pm

ohiosteve wrote:Anyone else getting this pop-up Everytime they get on Cattle today? I can't even use the site, I'll be surprised if I can even post this. I've never had any problems with this site now this YouTube thing is popping up every 10 seconds I'm on Cattle today it's taking over my phone.

on my cell phone yes and says congratulations or something
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Install the AdGuard app.
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Nope. I use a laptop (for what its worth)
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Craig Miller and I were getting the Wal-Mart ad. It also said congratulations. I stopped it with Adblock Browser and Adblock Fast. Not sure which one made the difference. But Craig said it is embedded in the website.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:56 pm

You can thank Google for this. Google owns Youtube, and every time you log on to CT, got to a new page at CT or refresh any page at CT (and almost any other web page) Google will load little apps that load it's ads, usually related to your history and browsing...on a PC or laptop, you can usually see these if you look quickly at the bottom left of your screen. Google also owns a program that's been around even before Youtube, called 'doubleclick' which was one of the first ad enhancers. Even with most blockers, the little apps still load and attempt to load a visible ad but are prevented from doing so by the ad blockers. My blocker comes with my antivirus and tells me at the top right of the browser screen how many it blocked.
# blocked:

google doubleclick app:

Goggle tagger app:

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Beginners Board”