Free fertilizer

The place to start if you are new!
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Free fertilizer

Postby snoopdog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Sounds great huh! The manufacturing process where I work produces a solid that is high in nitrogen and phosphorus , makes Bermuda go literally ape. So I agree to take some , 3 enddump loads so far . Hey, they'll even loan me a spreader truck just to get rid of the stuff! SWEET ! I change the oil in the truck , my labor , their dime , and head on out to spread this evening , because we're supposed to get a major rain this weekend , and what better time , right ? The benice floor chain broke the second load , half full . Guess what Ill be shoveling just so I can get started repairing , OH, and I guess I laid my glasses on the bed as I crawled under to look at the damage , and somewhere between there and where I parked the truck , they lay. Went back and looked to no avail . So , down at least 300 for the glasses and haven't started fixing the truck . It'll work out , but dang .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Free fertilizer

Postby 5S Cattle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 pm

What is it that y’all are making?
0 x

MtnCows93
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MtnCows93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 pm

like the old sayin theres no such thing as a free lunch
3 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 am

5S Cattle wrote:What is it that y’all are making?
We pull the oils out of waste water from food manufacturers , with heat and a centrifuge, then sell it to either the feed folks or the biodiesel folks depending on the grade. The solids are a byproduct .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:22 am

You've described my luck to the T..I have decided and come to grips with the fact..any thing that I do,there's ""double""the amount of work in it for me..
2 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 am

still cheaper than commercial fert , count your blessings
2 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:You've described my luck to the T..I have decided and come to grips with the fact..any thing that I do,there's ""double""the amount of work in it for me..

Amen Brother. Murphy’s Law never disappoints me.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Free is good, DAP is up around $400/ton.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:You've described my luck to the T..I have decided and come to grips with the fact..any thing that I do,there's ""double""the amount of work in it for me..

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that. I had to remove, re-level and re-set my water well tank last week because it developed a little leak in a pvc adapter, had everything here to do it with and told my wife the water would be off a couple of hours......took me all afternoon and didn't get the water back on till right after dark.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 am

greybeard wrote:

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that. I had to remove, re-level and re-set my water well tank last week because it developed a little leak in a pvc adapter, had everything here to do it with and told my wife the water would be off a couple of hours......took me all afternoon and didn't get the water back on till right after dark.

With age it does feel like double the amount of work. :nod: but age also has taken away all my determination..and i stop and think,,,nope ain't worth the trouble.
Most of It came from being a flunky perfectionist.do it 10 different ways till I was happy with one..
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

plumber_greg
GURU
GURU

Postby plumber_greg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:59 am

I got free fertilizer for several years from Prime Tanning.
Some idiot woman named Erin Brokwitch came and screwed it all up and they decided it was a hazard.
Class action suit gave me something like 75k, forget the exact amount.
Would rather have the free fertilizer still. Not really nothing wrong with the stuff, but to quote Miss Brokwitch,
"We don't know who we're gonna' sue, but we'll find somebody with deep pockets." gs
0 x
Just call me plumberscrack

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:45 pm

greybeard wrote:

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that.

:shock: then I'm going to be in some serious trouble!
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”