Lost one

The place to start if you are new!
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Lost one

Postby snoopdog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Lost one

Postby A.J. » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hopefully the cameras will help figure out what's taking them before another one is lost.
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am

A.J. wrote:Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hopefully the cameras will help figure out what's taking them before another one is lost.

X2! Sorry for your loss.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:33 pm

that sucks.. hopefully you find the reason at least
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:03 pm

snoopdog wrote:Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
Can kill one of make it like up in the brush.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:44 pm

callmefence wrote:
snoopdog wrote:Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
I found it this morning , good and healthy :banana:
7 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:06 pm

snoopdog wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Those little buggers can hide!
1 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm

TCRanch wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.
1 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm

0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 pm

snoopdog wrote:
TCRanch wrote:
snoopdog wrote: I found it this morning , good and healthy :banana:

Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.

I sorta like when we start feeding hay and have the cows in a pasture where you can sorta keep track of what's going on. But not having to check cows or hay for a week at a time is alright by me. Out of site out of mind is easy. A few threads on here have me a little worried about pneumonia running rampant through the herd. Usually if there's a problem with something a cow or two won't shut up and we'll hunt them up in the woods to find out what's going on.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm

that's a great outcome!!
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Return to “Beginners Board”