ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

The place to start if you are new!
Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Postby Bfields30 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Who catches cows on this site or know anyone got a tiger stripe I need caught in Winnsboro seeing if anyone knows anybody and prices and what they charge she got out my place first day I got her a month or so ago attempted to catch her she’s on another place gotten close but I have giving up the catch pens the person has are so short she jumps out of them once caught and she get spooked easily she been in this pasture for awhile I’ve really had it with her she calm In the pasture with other cows she just go psycho with human interaction so I just want her caught and want to sell her. If anyone knows anyone that catches them
Please let me know. Need her caught and I can haul her to my place
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Re: ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Postby Rafter S » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't know of anyone in that area, but I'd suggest checking with the local auction barn. I'll bet they'll have a name or two for you.
1 x
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Rafter S wrote:I don't know of anyone in that area, but I'd suggest checking with the local auction barn. I'll bet they'll have a name or two for you.

Thanks I didn’t even think of that.
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Rafter S wrote:I don't know of anyone in that area, but I'd suggest checking with the local auction barn. I'll bet they'll have a name or two for you.

Emory salebarn has a guy quoted me for 125 and to take catch her then take her to the sale barn for me.
2 x

T & B farms
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby T & B farms » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 pm

As I always say romp her azz. Some people are 100% against tranquilizer, but in the right situation it works wonderful. 5cc dart of rompun should put her down pretty quick, then drag her in the trailer. Life is too short for nutty cows
3 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 pm

T & B farms wrote:As I always say romp her azz. Some people are 100% against tranquilizer, but in the right situation it works wonderful. 5cc dart of rompun should put her down pretty quick, then drag her in the trailer. Life is too short for nutty cows

I totally agree with all you said.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Bfields30 wrote:Who catches cows on this site or know anyone got a tiger stripe I need caught in Winnsboro seeing if anyone knows anybody and prices and what they charge she got out my place first day I got her a month or so ago attempted to catch her she’s on another place gotten close but I have giving up the catch pens the person has are so short she jumps out of them once caught and she get spooked easily she been in this pasture for awhile I’ve really had it with her she calm In the pasture with other cows she just go psycho with human interaction so I just want her caught and want to sell her. If anyone knows anyone that catches them
Please let me know. Need her caught and I can haul her to my place

You need to get with greybeard to make sure it’s official but I’m pretty sure you just beat skyhightree’s previous record for the worlds longest run on sentence :lol2:

Hope you get her caught. I too vote for a dart gun with tranquilizer. Quick and effective.
3 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:02 am

I'm not trying to start a fight, but what good does a 1,500 pound drunk do ya? If you just want a cow to lay down, I get the drugs approach. But if you want her loaded in a trailer, why not just start with the quick and effective combination of a good cowboy with a good horse, some nylon, and a decent dog?
2 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I'm not trying to start a fight, but what good does a 1,500 pound drunk do ya? If you just want a cow to lay down, I get the drugs approach. But if you want her loaded in a trailer, why not just start with the quick and effective combination of a good cowboy with a good horse, some nylon, and a decent dog?

A lot less stuff get tore up. not hard to drag in the trailer. Ive done them both ways . the sleepy one is bleeding less when it gets to the sale barn,
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm

M-5 wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I'm not trying to start a fight, but what good does a 1,500 pound drunk do ya? If you just want a cow to lay down, I get the drugs approach. But if you want her loaded in a trailer, why not just start with the quick and effective combination of a good cowboy with a good horse, some nylon, and a decent dog?

A lot less stuff get tore up. not hard to drag in the trailer. Ive done them both ways . the sleepy one is bleeding less when it gets to the sale barn,

I agree with Dash. My answer would have been bc it’s more achievable for me. I ain’t got a horse. Don’t want one. But I do have a dart gun. And it’s hard to find someone around here to rope one. The ones that used to do it have quit in my area. Had a good friend that used to come out and catch one, but he sold all his horses and dogs. I couldn’t believe it.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm

I used to work with a guy (his name is Ross) that had done some cowboying when he was younger. He got a call once from a man who said he had a heifer he couldn't catch, and would Ross be interested in buying her and then catch her instead of catching her for pay? Ross said he drove to the guy's place, the guy got in the truck with him, and they drove out in the pasture. The guy pointed out the heifer and named his price, which was of course very reasonable since he couldn't catch her. Ross said he agreed to the price, then asked the guy "So we have a deal? She's my heifer?". The man replied yes, so Ross reached behind the seat of his truck, pulled out his .30-.30, and laid the heifer down. Field-dressed her on the spot and took her home.

That's one way to catch them.
9 x
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 pm

neighbors of mine had REALLY REALLY WILD cows.. and not only that, they were mean as #@$%.. He had a loose hay feed wagon, was out feeding in the winter when one of them got the idea to keep him in there.. he yelled for his brother, he took the 3030 and shot her on the spot..
1 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Rafter S wrote:I used to work with a guy (his name is Ross) that had done some cowboying when he was younger. He got a call once from a man who said he had a heifer he couldn't catch, and would Ross be interested in buying her and then catch her instead of catching her for pay? Ross said he drove to the guy's place, the guy got in the truck with him, and they drove out in the pasture. The guy pointed out the heifer and named his price, which was of course very reasonable since he couldn't catch her. Ross said he agreed to the price, then asked the guy "So we have a deal? She's my heifer?". The man replied yes, so Ross reached behind the seat of his truck, pulled out his .30-.30, and laid the heifer down. Field-dressed her on the spot and took her home.

No adrenaline in the meat so not tough or bad tasting, no wear and tear on the cowboy and problem solved.
1 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Rafter S wrote:I used to work with a guy (his name is Ross) that had done some cowboying when he was younger. He got a call once from a man who said he had a heifer he couldn't catch, and would Ross be interested in buying her and then catch her instead of catching her for pay? Ross said he drove to the guy's place, the guy got in the truck with him, and they drove out in the pasture. The guy pointed out the heifer and named his price, which was of course very reasonable since he couldn't catch her. Ross said he agreed to the price, then asked the guy "So we have a deal? She's my heifer?". The man replied yes, so Ross reached behind the seat of his truck, pulled out his .30-.30, and laid the heifer down. Field-dressed her on the spot and took her home.

Like to have seen the look on that fellers face....bet it wasn't what he had envisioned :cowboy:
2 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:23 am

So update guys I talk to the guy that it’s his place last night and he told me that he didn’t want the person I was hiring to catch because there going to pen cows sometimes this week and they would catch her for me but he also told me this like over a month ago and still hasn’t done it. The guy I was gonna hire was gonna Tranq her then drag her in the trailer for me and take her to sale. I just don’t think the guy that land is, will be able to catch her cause all of his cows are pretty wild from the few times I been out there.i just feel like I’m
Stuck between a rock in a hard place he said he doesn’t want the guy to spook them so they will pen this week and said also there not the easiest set of cows to pen...
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”