Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Re: ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:
BRYANT wrote:maybe but I had rather over build than under build

:nod: :nod: Easier to build it tall now, than to say "I shoulda". ;-)
so should i do 7ft

It certainly couldn't hurt. If its too costly, then stick with the 6 foot. I have seen a Black Angus cow, go over a 6 foot, as well as a Brahma cross. But they were he77-bent on getting away.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm

I got and alley way where I load/unload and goes to my shoot that is close to 8' tall,it is big enough that I can hold them there a few days if need be, then I have another section that is around seven then a bigger spot that is 6 '
2 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm

BRYANT wrote:I got and alley way where I load/unload and goes to my shoot that is close to 8' tall,it is big enough that I can hold them there a few days if need be, then I have another section that is around seven then a bigger spot that is 6 '

Just gotta ask....what’s the value in a cow that takes a 7 - 8 foot corral pen to hold them and who cant see that before they write the check?
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm

1982vett wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:
BRYANT wrote:maybe but I had rather over build than under build

:lol: the taller it is the longer it will take for YOU to get over it...... :shock: if need be. :)

Lol
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:
so should i do 7ft

It certainly couldn't hurt. If its too costly, then stick with the 6 foot. I have seen a Black Angus cow, go over a 6 foot, as well as a Brahma cross. But they were he77-bent on getting away.
yeah this where I want to put cows and heifers that I get to put in there when i first get them as well as wean some in there as well if need be i just don’t want anything to jump out at all
1 x

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Bought a group of Brahman heifers out of south tx last week. One flat footed jumped out of my buddies pens. They’re almost 6 foot tall. :2cents:
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm

1982vett wrote:
BRYANT wrote:I got and alley way where I load/unload and goes to my shoot that is close to 8' tall,it is big enough that I can hold them there a few days if need be, then I have another section that is around seven then a bigger spot that is 6 '

Just gotta ask....what’s the value in a cow that takes a 7 - 8 foot corral pen to hold them and who cant see that before they write the check?

If you have followed many of my post I have said I have bought ,and like to buy, cows that come in the sale and clear the place out as long as they have the right look about them. I can take them home put them in my corral and MOST of the time they will calm down and be following me around with a feed sack in a few days. They sell cheap because people don't have a lot to handle them in or just don't like to. Like anything they will make money if done the right way. Most all the time they will calm down to where they can be turned out and they will raise a calf and lot up like any other cow.
3 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:25 am

BRYANT wrote:
1982vett wrote:

If you have followed many of my post I have said I have bought ,and like to buy, cows that come in the sale and clear the place out as long as they have the right look about them. I can take them home put them in my corral and MOST of the time they will calm down and be following me around with a feed sack in a few days. They sell cheap because people don't have a lot to handle them in or just don't like to. Like anything they will make money if done the right way. Most all the time they will calm down to where they can be turned out and they will raise a calf and lot up like any other cow.
yeah the one I have she’s calmed down a lot from week ago and doesn’t try to jump out the pasture I have her with heifers and my cows but she stays close to the group when I go in the pasture
0 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 am

All fine and good, but I want a calm nutcase.... :D And your right...I won’t be bidding against you.
1 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Return to “Beginners Board”