Postby Bfields30 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am

This is her when I first got her
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Postby Bfields30 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am

A guy wants to trade me that red white braford for her there around the same age
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:18 am

Bfields30 wrote:A guy wants to trade me that red white braford for her there around the same age

DEAL......................

That's what I would say.
2 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:12 am

M-5 wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:A guy wants to trade me that red white braford for her there around the same age

That's what I would say.
yeah I told him deal this weekend and I’ll even buy the other heifer in the pic as well the red is 10 months and the black and white is 6 he was selling them for 1150 together. I told him trade and I’ll even buy the one with her
1 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am

Bfields30 wrote:
M-5 wrote:

That's what I would say.
yeah I told him deal this weekend and I’ll even buy the other heifer in the pic as well the red is 10 months and the black and white is 6 he was selling them for 1150 together. I told him trade and I’ll even buy the one with her

I might be tempted top buy him another wild one if this deal works out.
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:53 am

M-5 wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:
M-5 wrote:

That's what I would say.

I might be tempted top buy him another wild one if this deal works out.
yeah I was completely honest about it so he wouldn’t be surprised so hopefully that works out and I have another person willing to trade me a Brahman heifer
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Bfields30 wrote:This is her when I first got her

I bet she will calm down and be following a feed sack in a few days look at her eyes and set of her head. I have messed with a bunch like her.
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:24 pm

BRYANT wrote:

I bet she will calm down and be following a feed sack in a few days look at her eyes and set of her head. I have messed with a bunch like her.

So do you think I should keep her ...
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm

This is suppose to be the tiger???
1 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:29 pm

No I don't think you should keep her. Make the trade, then make up your own mind about the other; make a trade or buy the one that other guy has if you really want a brahma heifer. I think you will make more on the braford & her calves....
3 x

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Put all three of them together and it would start looking like my motley crew.
In the trailer pic, she doesn't have those crazy eyes. I wouldn't pen her to get her used to you.
Put her with a group of your gentle cows and work and pen them all together. Don't separate her from the group for a while.
Walk through the group and talk to them every day or two. A young heifer will feel safe around the old cows and if the old cows feel safe around you, she will feel the same.... usually.
1 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
BRYANT wrote:

So do you think I should keep her ...

I did not say that, I said I would not be worried about keeping her myself But I got a set of working pens that she aint busting out of nor is she going to jump them and I have been raised around Brahman and Brahman cross cattle. Stock that is some what on the wild side does not bother me much I would put her in my lot with and old calm cow and feed her a few days and she will more than likely calm down. Brahman cattle are not for everyone but if you know how to handle them and have the set up to handle them with they will calm down and be some of the most gentlest cattle you can own. they are kind of like a mule they have to build up a trust in you.
2 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 am

BRYANT wrote:

I am with Bryant on this one.
That is the kind I like money makers with almost any bull. She is young and that little girl is scared. When she got to the house I would have nipped those horn buds first thing. She would have stayed in the pen with a calm girl to buddy with about a week. After that a white five gallon bucket and holler come on girls she would come running .

This is where they go to get acquainted.
3 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:45 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:

This is suppose to be the tiger???

Yeah she 3/4
1 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
BRYANT wrote:

I am with Bryant on this one.
That is the kind I like money makers with almost any bull. She is young and that little girl is scared. When she got to the house I would have nipped those horn buds first thing. She would have stayed in the pen with a calm girl to buddy with about a week. After that a white five gallon bucket and holler come on girls she would come running .

This is where they go to get acquainted.
Cb I have 10 cows as of now and there gentle as can be i can whistle and they will run up to me no matter where they are the guy brought her from sold her 750 but was trying to sell her for 1000 but said she wasn’t calm enough yet she’s my first Brahman influence tho maybe I built off more then i can chew but the guy pasture she in she’s like a little baby everyday i drive by with the floppiest ears. I’m debating still cause i know she’s gonna be a money maker.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”