ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

The place to start if you are new!
Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:51 am

bird dog wrote:Put all three of them together and it would start looking like my motley crew.
In the trailer pic, she doesn't have those crazy eyes. I wouldn't pen her to get her used to you.
Put her with a group of your gentle cows and work and pen them all together. Don't separate her from the group for a while.
Walk through the group and talk to them every day or two. A young heifer will feel safe around the old cows and if the old cows feel safe around you, she will feel the same.... usually.
that’s what i do with the cows i have now my 1 yr old daughter is out there with me everyday with the 10 I have now.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:58 am

We all have to get our feet wet at sometime. IMO you have lost that little girl she has homesteaded across the fence.
She will make your neighbor a fine cow my suggestion is sell her. Chalk this up to experience that builds wisdom.
Next one you purchase needs to go in a good set of pens with a friend and feed about a week to ten days. After that your off to the races.
3 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 am

Caustic Burno wrote:We all have to get our feet wet at sometime. IMO you have lost that little girl she has homesteaded across the fence.
She will make your neighbor a fine cow my suggestion is sell her. Chalk this up to experience that builds wisdom.
Next one you purchase needs to go in a good set of pens with a friend and feed about a week to ten days. After that your off to the races.
yeah I totally agree will do.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:This is her when I first got her

This is suppose to be the tiger???

Yeah she 3/4

I see,initially thought she was a F1...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:This is suppose to be the tiger???

Yeah she 3/4

The guy told me she was who I got her from .
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Update they caught her so they should bringing her to my place sometime this evening
2 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:Yeah she 3/4

The guy told me she was who I got her from .

I just texted the guy Brahman Bull and Brangus cow
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Bfields30 wrote:Update they caught her so they should bringing her to my place sometime this evening

You better pen her for a couple weeks IMO. If not she is going home over the fence. She might not stay anyway they are like elephants and don’t forget.
3 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:Update they caught her so they should bringing her to my place sometime this evening

You better pen her for a couple weeks IMO. If not she is going home over the fence. She might not stay anyway they are like elephants and don’t forget.

Elephants mentally,deers physically..
2 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:

so I penned when she got here and umm about that I had the panels surrounded in my barn and she jumped out of those plus through more panels outside of those . But she’s with my cows and is calm so I’m nervous but I just checked them and she’s with them still just grazing so hopefully she doesn’t jump out the pasture cause she def can wen she feels like it. I gotta get me some corral pens built asap
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:27 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Elephants mentally,deers physically..

She just scared as I seen this evening she’s on alert when I’m around so what advice could you give me I fed them this evening with cubes and she just watched me everywhere I went but it was like she was aggressive she was with the cows just didn’t take her eyes off me
0 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:28 pm

0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

so I penned when she got here and umm about that I had the panels surrounded in my barn and she jumped out of those plus through more panels outside of those . But she’s with my cows and is calm so I’m nervous but I just checked them and she’s with them still just grazing so hopefully she doesn’t jump out the pasture cause she def can wen she feels like it. I gotta get me some corral pens built asap

There are no shortcuts in this game, it’s pay me now or later.
2 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Just keep feeding your cows, and don't look at her full in the face. Let her think you aren't especially interested in her so she doesn't feel like you are focusing directly on her. It is gonna take awhile for her to trust you enough that she doesn't feel like a bug under a microscope. Act like she is no big deal to you and ignore any skittish behavior but keep an eye on her from the corner of your eye so you don't get caught offguard. Give her some time. We always put a skittish one in with our calmest/tamest ones... and when ours are pushing to get to the bucket first, the skittish one learns that we are there to feed them, not "get 'em". Some learn, some don't . TIME.....
1 x

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bfields30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm

farmerjan wrote:Just keep feeding your cows, and don't look at her full in the face. Let her think you aren't especially interested in her so she doesn't feel like you are focusing directly on her. It is gonna take awhile for her to trust you enough that she doesn't feel like a bug under a microscope. Act like she is no big deal to you and ignore any skittish behavior but keep an eye on her from the corner of your eye so you don't get caught offguard. Give her some time. We always put a skittish one in with our calmest/tamest ones... and when ours are pushing to get to the bucket first, the skittish one learns that we are there to feed them, not "get 'em". Some learn, some don't . TIME.....
funny you say that cause I did that this evening but i was putting feed out and she literally jumped on the other cows to get away from me lol once I started pouring the feed but shefollows the feed bucket with the others as well. My others ones are calm as can be.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”